It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a way to remove Floride from tap water???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Is there a cheap way to remove Floride from tap water??? Like some kind of water filter?

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

The best way, is to construct a fine wire mesh, and push all of the government meddlers through it, so that they quit adding the stuff. You filter the problem, and the problem is government.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reverse osmosis will remove fluoride from water as will activated alumina filters.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
You should drink the fluoride, it passifies us and makes our teef strong. "I Haz the Dumb" !

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Here is a list of water filters that DO remove fluoride:

Reverse Osmosis Filtration: These are very expensive and are generally used commercially to purify some types of bottled water so they do not contain fluoride. They waste a lot of water and so are not very environmentally friendly.

Activated Alumina Defluoridation Filter: These filters are also relatively expensive and must be replaced often, but they can be used in the home.

Alkaline Mineral Water Filters: Alkaline water filters (or Bio Mineral filters) purify the water, removing heavy metals such as fluoride, and then activate the water, adding calcium, magnesium, alkali by magnetising the water, allowing the water to be more easily absorbed into the body. Examples of an alkaline water filter include the Ace Bio Mineral Pot.

Distillation Filtration: Distillation filters can also be bought to remove fluoride from water at home. It is important to know that bottled water labelled as distilled water may still contain impurities.

Solid Block Carbon Filters: These water filters will remove fluoride but only if they have a filter attachment.

These water purifiers and purifying methods Do NOT Remove Fluoride:

Most other water filters: Other types of water purifiers, such as filter jugs, UV filters, water softeners, water ionisers/alkaline water and ceramic filters, do not remove fluoride from drinking water.

Boiling water: Boiling water before drinking it actually concentrates the fluoride in drinking water rather than reduce it.

Freezing Water: Freezing your water does not remove fluoride from drinking water.

"Fluoride is a drug, not a nutrient. No disease is caused by fluoride deficiency. Fluoridating water violates medical ethics by depriving each individual of their right to informed consent to medication."

www.sanomag.com.au...

Also surprisingly bottled water contains more fluoride then tap water
As the companies are not as heavily regulated as the general water company

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I use a RO system.They're not that expensive.Cost me about £120 for a complete system and then £30 to replace the filters every 6 months.Just make sure you get one with a remineralizer.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

I don't know of any way other than distillation. We don't have flouride where I live, that's what toothpaste is for.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
cuz they claim that apparently I need to safeguard my penis glan from getting too hard.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
yes, move to the UK - we dont have it

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel

I have heard the reason is that the Green Party considers it a violation of the UN Human Rights Act among other things .

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel

Sorry to burst your bubble but some areas of the UK have fluoride added to the water.
www.telegraph.co.uk... ence/science-news/11430233/The-extent-of-water-fluoridation-in-the-UK.html
edit on 12-2-2016 by LostThePlot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

The best way, is to construct a fine wire mesh, and push all of the government meddlers through it, so that they quit adding the stuff. You filter the problem, and the problem is government.

TrueBrit, what an innovative idea. Absolutely wonderful, if I could star this post 1,000 times I would
- Respect -

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

Teeth or Floride?

Jus jacking

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

We use the Zero Water filtration system, and while it apparently isn't designed to remove fluoride, here's what their FAQs say about it:

Q. Does the ZeroWater filter remove Fluoride?

A. ZeroWater filters are not certified for the reduction of fluoride however fluoride is an inorganic compound. The TDS meter is designed to detect inorganic compounds. Fluoride levels in water are usually around 2 to 4 ppm, which will show up on the meter as 002 to 004. So when filtered water reads 000 it is not likely that fluoride is present in water.

So, I'm not going to outright claim that it removes fluoride, but when it is a solid, and the meter shows that there are zero solids in the water, I would have to assume that it is removed, if not reduced dramatically.

Here is a review of the system by some holistic lady--it seems as though she uses the claims of the company, though, to discuss the removal of fluoride.

I would agree that RO filtration is the best, but that's now what we have at this time in our house.

Plus, the filters need replaced regularly, so obviously there would be an ebb and flow of fluoride levels in the water with a zero-water type system.
edit on 12-2-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: LostThePlot
I use a RO system.They're not that expensive.Cost me about £120 for a complete system and then £30 to replace the filters every 6 months.Just make sure you get one with a remineralizer.

Same here (except $160, which is pretty close to £120
)

And while the systems are technically wasteful (mine uses about 3 gallons of water for every 1 it produces) - we only use the water for drinking and cooking, not for showering and washing clothes, so it isn't *that* much water. Further, you can easily route the otherwise wasted water to a holding tank for watering the garden, washing the car, etc., eliminating the waste.

The last thing - while I believe remineralizing is good (and have been meaning to do so but procrastinating for years), I've never really understood why it matters much, unless you are short on those minerals anyway. Sure, it's beneficial, especially magnesium which is in short supply in most of our bodies, but is it really a big deal in the tiny trace amounts which water normally contains? Everything I've found online supporting it being important is usually linked to people who believe an "alkaline body" prevents cancer (it actually kills you) or seems to indicate that leaving the trace amounts of minerals out somehow results in deficiencies, which should be able to be rectified by eating like 1 walnut per week.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, and I'm actually asking if there's something I'm missing. If there is, I'd like to know. Maybe it would motivate me to get my minerals going.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
We use reverse osmosis, its good for well water, almost the same as distilled. Other than that a good water distiller.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

The thing is, most people where i live, look at me like im a tin foil hat madman if i say fluoride should be removed from water.

Ive even researched it and shown friends that our town's fluoride level is higher than the reccommend levels.

People simply dont care or think im being nutty.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: serpentines

Here is a list of water filters that DO remove fluoride:

Reverse Osmosis Filtration: These are very expensive and are generally used commercially to purify some types of bottled water so they do not contain fluoride. They waste a lot of water and so are not very environmentally friendly.

Activated Alumina Defluoridation Filter: These filters are also relatively expensive and must be replaced often, but they can be used in the home.

Alkaline Mineral Water Filters: Alkaline water filters (or Bio Mineral filters) purify the water, removing heavy metals such as fluoride, and then activate the water, adding calcium, magnesium, alkali by magnetising the water, allowing the water to be more easily absorbed into the body. Examples of an alkaline water filter include the Ace Bio Mineral Pot.

Distillation Filtration: Distillation filters can also be bought to remove fluoride from water at home. It is important to know that bottled water labelled as distilled water may still contain impurities.

Solid Block Carbon Filters: These water filters will remove fluoride but only if they have a filter attachment.

These water purifiers and purifying methods Do NOT Remove Fluoride:

Most other water filters: Other types of water purifiers, such as filter jugs, UV filters, water softeners, water ionisers/alkaline water and ceramic filters, do not remove fluoride from drinking water.

Boiling water: Boiling water before drinking it actually concentrates the fluoride in drinking water rather than reduce it.

Freezing Water: Freezing your water does not remove fluoride from drinking water.

"Fluoride is a drug, not a nutrient. No disease is caused by fluoride deficiency. Fluoridating water violates medical ethics by depriving each individual of their right to informed consent to medication."

www.sanomag.com.au...

Also surprisingly bottled water contains more fluoride then tap water
As the companies are not as heavily regulated as the general water company

Which bottled water? Ones that are not marked spring water might have added flouride. I avoid those as they are often from a tap.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
We use reverse osmosis, its good for well water, almost the same as distilled. Other than that a good water distiller.

Reverse osmosis is good. There are some pretty inexpensive under the sink filters for that. Distilling makes water taste flat.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Sodium Fluride, flourine, is not what the conspiracy theorists have you believing it is. We are all literally animals, beasts, and flourine targets the part of the brain that creates disobediances and conflicts with the conscious part of the brain that tells itself what to do, the beast inside doesn't listen to the conscious brain very well. Flourine is a mind control drug, however the thing is it helps your conscious mind control the other parts of the mind, it is a self mind control drug. The government isn't using it nor does it need it to control the population, it is simply for the population to not act as animalistic reducing aggrevated crimes and attention defficute disorder. They put a lot of it inside the toothpaste in prisons for the prisoners because it makes them more domesticated and in control of themselves. Flurine doesn't hurt an individual and you will absorb more flourine through your skin in just a minute in the shower than you will consume in ten glasses of water. I take hour long showers all the time and just look at my performance, intellectual capabilites, and independance. I use a lot of toothpaste too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join