It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian cease fire announced.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

This is interesting......if it holds it could be the beginning of the end game in Syria.....
Ill let you watch Mr Kerry announce the news...
tell me what you think of it....
They'll still be bombing daesh though....
edit on 12-2-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch
Sounds pretty much the big guys have decided and they'll be putting on the pressure to all parties from either end....
Im not sure this is going to hold with all the parties involved...so they will be continuing to fight among themselves....
I am all for humanitarian aid......and it will ease the refugee problem somewhat maybe....

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Fantastic to see but is it because of the financial situation with a crisis looming on the markets and bank debt.

What has changed in Syria except a more equal war with Russia backing Assad and Obama backing the rebels - albeit he's sitting on X trillion in debt which doesn't seem to bother that man particularly - but thats because it only affects the ordinary American, not puppets like him with well oiled money backing him up in his retirement.

I mn glad for the Syrian people though and hope they get the help to rebuild their country and have fair elections so they can choose if they want Assad or someone else in power.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

I think this is a deeply unrealistic suggestion at this point.

How are they going to enforce this cessation of hostilities, with the rabid agents of IS breathing down their necks? It will be impossible to tell who is firing weapons, and for what reasons. I can see the necessary repulsion of an IS assault, being mistaken for a breakage of the cessation agreement, and things going from bad to worse unless something very clever is worked out on the ground, or better yet, unless all warring factions OTHER than IS come together to wipe that problem out.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Do you have a link other than a YouTube video?

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
In effect in a weeks time. This wont last. Russia still bombing! The only way this could work is if all forces target ISIS and Al Nusra only and Arssad steps down or is removed!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone
Your wish is my command ........................................news.yahoo.com...

I sense this is a temporary breather for the minions of the western powers....possibly a desperate measure to save a semblance of a resistance.....
With Aleppo under siege the picture was looking like a Stalingrad situation for them....

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

The only way this could work is if all forces target ISIS and Al Nusra only and Arssad steps down or is removed!!!

Most likely won't happen, because Russia ins't going to just fight ISIS, Putin wants to be the hero of Syria...problem is he is playing both sides backing Assad and supporting one of the main group that wants him gone...the FSA.

As for Assad stepping down...I have a feeling he will have to be dead before he ever leaves office. That's just my thoughts on him stepping down. If Assad has any thoughts of stepping down to help end this war he could have already.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
The only way this will achieve anything is if the so called rebels agree to fight along Assad to destroy Isis.

Only then, once Isis is out of Syria, can. New elections take place.

Even then I think we will see that those that support the rebels are a minority and assads team will stay in power.....or fighting will continue.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Watch for Turkey to take a pot shot at Russia or Assad and render this ceasefire into the massive escalation of hostilities NATO seems to have been wanting there since day 1.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I look for greater clarication from the media, but the impression I'm getting at the moment is that the cease-fire applies only to the war between Assad and the original rebels. That ISIS are not being regarded as part of the civil war.
Am I getting this right?

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Pretty much.

Problem is that the radical Islamists called "Rebels" are so closely interconnected with Al-Nusra that the cease-fire is virtually meaningless.

Also, islamist opposition-fighters have retreated from the advancing Syrian forces to Aleppo... even more bad news for the civilian population.
edit on 12-2-2016 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

From what I understand, this isn't technically a cease fire agreement, but more a cessation of hostility. Which basically allows for Russia to keep pounding the "rebels". It's really just an effort to get some humanitarian aid in to the area before the SHTF.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Well the video allowed Kerry to speak but Lavrov was not given the same courtesy...at least not in that clip. Same old American propaganda.

edit on 12-2-2016 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Watch for Turkey to take a pot shot at Russia or Assad and render this ceasefire into the massive escalation of hostilities NATO seems to have been wanting there since day 1.

NATO is there to protect Turkey from the incursion of another country into Turkey, and they aren't there to help if Turkey starts it.

NATO isn't even involved in Syria, and have no plans on being involved...some of it's members are as individual countries.

"There are also no plans for NATO as an alliance to go into Syria."

www.trtworld.com...

They are involved here though.

NATO in Afghanistan

NATO in Kosovo

Monitoring the Mediterranean Sea

Counter-piracy off the Horn of Africa

Supporting the African Union

Air policing missions

www.nato.int...

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

How..

Can you show some evidence of this..
As i rather think that is the last thing NATO wants!

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: midiconyou didn't watch long enough.....

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Cease fires in situations like this usually result in a step up of violence after a brief hiatus.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
a reply to: midiconyou didn't watch long enough.....

You're having a laugh. Lavrov had barely 20 seconds of translation before being talked over by the presenter.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join