It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil in the Universe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: serpentines
a reply to: Prezbo369

peachy in the past, why start a process that would lead to evil in the first place?

Otherwise you could not tell one thing from another

(Not evil just opposite of spectrum)

Main antonyms .. Existence (as in live being comprehending it's existence) and death or things without consciousness (temporary being incapable of comprehension and bodily state needed for it)

Something like from dust we come to dust we will turn

While ill agree that to some extent we wouldn't appreciate the good stuff quite as much without the bad to compare it with, there's no reason why we couldn't appreciate what we consider to be good without the existence of evil.

This seems to be a cheap cop-out.
edit on 12-2-2016 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
'Be the kind of woman who, when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says Oh, no! She's up.'

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImmortalLegend527
a reply to: JackReyes

About 2 weeks ago, I found out what the three lights that form the triangle in the sky really is and I must say in all honesty, the bible and god have nothing to do, with what is going on today….the winner has already been decided.

This world is way pass the point of know return, no god, no love and no bible is going to stop it or change it.

I'm dying to know what it is you're talking about here. What triangle in the sky?? What did you find out 2 weeks ago??

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
a reply to: JackReyes

If we grant everything in the OP as true, what is the point of all this cosmic soap opera?

What do these gods wish to achieve?

If everything was peachy in the past, why start a process that would lead to evil in the first place?

And it's narcissistic to think we're the only life in the universe.

The questions were already answered in the OP.

God is eternal is he not? He always has existed. Then at a certain point he decided to create life like himself. Having the ability, knowledge, and power to do so, he did. Out of no reason, but love.

Who did he create? A son, who is now known as Jesus Christ.

But out of love for his son he created all other things, invisible and visible.

Did God need anything to be complete? Obviously no. Did he need anything for any other reason? No.

The pure simple answer is love.

And he created his only-begotten, and later on, every other angelic son with freewill. The ability to chose.

If he created all angels as robots with no freewill they would not be able to express love would they? No, of course not. They could not decide for themselves to chose to love the Creator could they? Of course not.

Would you rather he create them all robots, and all of us on earth as well?

If you would rather freewill and the ability to decide for yourself, then you have to let the possibility of evil exist.

God allowed his angelic son known as Satan to express his freewill in disobeying him. And instead of using His infinite power in just destroying Satan, he allowed the rebellion to continue. For a time, to set a precedent, one that will remain for all times.

You see, not only humans, who live a few decades, have questions. Angels who have lived eons of time also are involved.

It has also allowed for something far more grand that we have even touched. The fact that he has granted his son immortality have raising him from the dead, as well as inviting 144,000 humans to spirit life as immortal spirit creatures who will reign as kings for eternity.

None of that would have been without what has happened. And it has happened because God's sentient creatures have freewill.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Evil, I laugh. Throughout the entirety of my life I have never seen evil I have only seen stupidity. Rape, that isn't evil in my eyes that is incompetence, stupidity, and ignorance. Murder is the same. There is no evil only homosexuality and stupidity. Exactly what is evil? People doing bad things? They only do bad things because they are too stupid to survive in any other way. There is no evil, only stupidity, even in war.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: tortureforlife
Evil, I laugh. Throughout the entirety of my life I have never seen evil I have only seen stupidity. Rape, that isn't evil in my eyes that is incompetence, stupidity, and ignorance. Murder is the same. There is no evil only homosexuality and stupidity. Exactly what is evil? People doing bad things? They only do bad things because they are too stupid to survive in any other way. There is no evil, only stupidity, even in war.

Actually evil and stupidity go hand in hand. You can't have one without the other.

A stupid person is a morally crass one. An evil person is a morally crass one. Stupid may not just mean slow mentally. It can mean that the person is literally lacking morals. And that person will act evilly. That is why all of the evil you see you imagine is just stupidity. Stupid people will act evilly. That is their nature.
edit on 13-2-2016 by JackReyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JackReyes

God is eternal is he not? He always has existed. Then at a certain point he decided to create life like himself. Having the ability, knowledge, and power to do so, he did. Out of no reason, but love.

Did God need anything to be complete? Obviously no. Did he need anything for any other reason? No.

And he created his only-begotten, and later on, every other angelic son with freewill. The ability to chose.

If he created all angels as robots with no freewill they would not be able to express love would they? No, of course not. They could not decide for themselves to chose to love the Creator could they? Of course not.

If you would rather freewill and the ability to decide for yourself, then you have to let the possibility of evil exist.

God allowed his angelic son known as Satan to express his freewill in disobeying him. And instead of using His infinite power in just destroying Satan, he allowed the rebellion to continue. For a time, to set a precedent, one that will remain for all times.

You see, not only humans, who live a few decades, have questions. Angels who have lived eons of time also are involved.

It has also allowed for something far more grand that we have even touched. The fact that he has granted his son immortality have raising him from the dead, as well as inviting 144,000 humans to spirit life as immortal spirit creatures who will reign as kings for eternity.

None of that would have been without what has happened. And it has happened because God's sentient creatures have freewill.

So this god was willing to allow the suffering and death of roughly half the children ever born, and the suffering of a great many others and the creation of evil just so it could have a son? (a male offspring of a ghost spirit thing???)

That's a very selfish, callous and self-serving thing for anyone to do.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

So this god was willing to allow the suffering and death of roughly half the children ever born, and the suffering of a great many others and the creation of evil just so it could have a son? (a male offspring of a ghost spirit thing???)

That's a very selfish, callous and self-serving thing for anyone to do.

Indeed it was a very cruel an selfish act that lead to sin and death and evil and suffering. But that was caused by mankind itself and of course Satan who chose to sin.

It was not evil or selfish for God to create life. In fact he did it out of love. And he is far too pure to see evil or commit any act of badness:

(James 1:13) When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone.

(Habakkuk 1:13) . . .Your eyes are too pure to look on what is evil, And you cannot tolerate wickedness.. . .

It is futile to blame the God of love and kindness for the bad that Satan and mankind has created that has lead up to the suffering and pain and misery that you go through. It wasn't because of God:

(Deuteronomy 32:5, 6) . . .They are the ones who have acted corruptly. They are not his children, the defect is their own. They are a crooked and twisted generation!  6 Is this the way that you should treat Jehovah, O foolish and unwise people? Is he not your Father who caused your existence, The One who made you and firmly established you?

And yet he is able to see beyond your foolish musings, and the low thoughts of man. In fact his thoughts are higher than ours as the heaven is from the earth:

(Isaiah 55:8, 9) . . .“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, And your ways are not my ways,” declares Jehovah.  9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So my ways are higher than your ways And my thoughts than your thoughts.

There will come a point, when those who understand these things will be lifted from the curse of sin and death. When all badness will be removed from Gods universe. And these few thousand years God, in his wisdom, humbly allowed Satan to usurp his godhead. And while many, such as you curse God himself, for wisely allowing those who challenged him to try and prove themselves. Those who understand these things and others look forward with eyes of faith to see the splendid reality of the things that are not seen.

For that which is seen is but temporary, but the unseen is forever....

(Romans 8:18) . . .For I consider that the sufferings of the present time do not amount to anything in comparison with the glory that is going to be revealed in us.

(1 Corinthians 2:9) But just as it is written: “Eye has not seen and ear has not heard, nor have there been conceived in the heart of man the things that God has prepared for those who love him.”

(2 Corinthians 4:18) . . .while we keep our eyes, not on the things seen, but on the things unseen. For the things seen are temporary, but the things unseen are everlasting.

edit on 13-2-2016 by JackReyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Indeed it was a very cruel an selfish act that lead to sin and death and evil and suffering. But that was caused by mankind itself and of course Satan who chose to sin.

Just like a mere mortal man, a God can take responsibility for its own actions, and the god character chose to bring a ghost son (does it have a penis?) into existence which in your words, eventually led to evil existing....incredibly selfish.

It was not evil or selfish for God to create life. In fact he did it out of love. And he is far too pure to see evil or commit any act of badness

You said the god decided one day to have a son (?), so it seems it was just bored? so bored it thought it was worth the deaths and suffering of billions of lives..

It is futile to blame the God of love and kindness for the bad that Satan and mankind has created that has lead up to the suffering and pain and misery that you go through. It wasn't because of God:

It's clear that 'love and kindness' mean very different things to us both......to you love seems to mean a form of sadomasochism.

And yet he is able to see beyond your foolish musings, and the low thoughts of man. In fact his thoughts are higher than ours as the heaven is from the earth:

So high it chose human blood sacrifice for it's own son.....and the world is still mostly non-christian.

There will come a point, when those who understand these things will be lifted from the curse of sin and death. When all badness will be removed from Gods universe. And these few thousand years God, in his wisdom, humbly allowed Satan to usurp his godhead. And while many, such as you curse God himself, for wisely allowing those who challenged him to try and prove themselves. Those who understand these things and others look forward with eyes of faith to see the splendid reality of the things that are not seen.

For that which is seen is but temporary, but the unseen is forever....

Faith is believing in things for no good reason. IF you believe in things on faith then you don't care about the truth.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Faith is believing in things for no good reason. IF you believe in things on faith then you don't care about the truth.

No, rather true faith is based on reality, and solid facts that can be proven:

(Hebrews 11:1) Faith is the assured expectation of what is hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities that are not seen.

Let me give you an example. You know the sun will rise tomorrow, even though you have not seen it, you have faith it will. Why is that? Not because there is no reason, not because you don't care about the truth. But because the sun has risen every day of your life faithfully in the east, and not only your lifetime but that of every single human who has ever lived, faithfully, every morning.

If you doubt it will rise tomorrow then you lack faith, and you are a fool.

So who really does not care about the truth?

Is it the one who does not see reality and calls others foolish and blind? Or those who understand reality and truth and put faith in it?

<< 1   >>

join