It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Utter Despicable State of the American Electoral Process

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
American politics is ultimately, immature, silly, childlike and a deceptive game of ego.
OF COURSE, littered with unseemly, ghastly amounts of bribery and extortion money for the candidates.

The elections more take the semblance of horse shows, or dog shows, or entertainment reality shows, or sports events than realistic attempts that deduce good government policy for all, and, mature elections where the person with the best ideas wins.

Take the “debates” for instance

Simply because why not have a mature group of human beings coming together and seriously debate issues of the day rather than a demagogic, irrational, egotistical, juvenile, superficial series of”debates” that take the form of rah, rah, meetings, us against them irrational feud-like ramblings of children, and almost sports like debates that try to attract the biggest applause rather than revealing the most truth.

American politics is a debasing effort in the degradation of the candidates, the issues, and the American people.

Slogan ridden, unscientific, irrational, promise laden, deceptive and delusional concepts and solutions come forth from the candidates in droves.

NEVER any real series analysis of issues is ever done or offered by the candidates to enlighten the electorate so they can make a mature, rational decision of who to vote for.

Just popular left/right paradigm slogans from each side...

Mostly an immature, irrational, child-like perception of a voter is done where the most glib tongued person, the most promise laden speaker, is chosen based on some “gut” feeling of the elector.

The election period itself is a monstrously LONG period over 2 years of nasty, ignorant, foolish, silly, press or oppressed ridden unmitigated nonsense of a repetitive foolishness and the vastly superficial analysis of issues. Personalities count and scandals amount to the most press. In fact, issues are NEVER analyzed by the 3 major networks or the candidates for the edification of the American people, Fox, MSNBC, CNN, the RNC, and the DNC thus sustain this vast network of election entertainment...

The press is nothing but tabloid, ratings greedy, bottom line obsessed, corporate shills for their personal money group…corporate boss!

They don’t enlighten, they frighten

They don’t educate, they emasculate

They don’t report, they distort

And they are the purveyors of this election system of intellectual debauchery of the first order.

They are the mass producers of this election reality show that always, after who is elected governs, turns into a horror show.

edit on 11-2-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Thus, the American electoral process is a perfect representation of the state of America.

Did you expect anything less....I mean, we cant get much more immature, childlike, silly and egotistical.

America deserves so much better than what we give her!

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
Thus, the American electoral process is a perfect representation of the state of America.

Did you expect anything less....I mean, we cant get much more immature, childlike, silly and egotistical.

America deserves so much better than what we give her!

Isn’t that the truth?

It’s as if the real issues don’t really count.

Our elections are just a parody of reality

As if our electoral process has become some kind of sinister satire of political reality in America

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Agreed - if Hillary gets the DNC nomination then I will be finally convinced that the entire US political process is rigged.

If she goes on to win the election for POTUS then I will be finally convinced that the POTUS is indeed a puppet position with no real power and anyone who has (or has ever had) that chair has gotten it through subterfuge coordinated by global elite bloodlines - so as to carry out their agenda to maintain the globe in a perpetual state of war and instability so that markets can be manipulated to the point that entire populations are in debt to the banksters and these bloodlines.

"permit me to control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws" - Rothschild

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Agreed - if Hillary gets the DNC nomination then I will be finally convinced that the entire US political process is rigged.

If she goes on to win the election for POTUS then I will be finally convinced that the POTUS is indeed a puppet position with no real power and anyone who has (or has ever had) that chair has gotten it through subterfuge coordinated by global elite bloodlines - so as to carry out their agenda to maintain the globe in a perpetual state of war and instability so that markets can be manipulated to the point that entire populations are in debt to the banksters and these bloodlines.

"permit me to control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws" - Rothschild

I am getting a bit tired of standing up for a candidate I do not even like, but a ton of people support Hillary. Not surprisingly, those people are not regular contributors to this forum or Reddit or other online discussion groups. I know this is not a popular perspective, but I think it is important to emphasize. Demographics are an important thing to consider. The Internet has skewed the understanding of our country (and many things) and generally resulted in an outspoken minority opinion parading around as what the majority of people support.
edit on 11-2-2016 by ExNihiloRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

The party system we have in this country creates the divisiveness. If there weren't labels attached to these politicians maybe we would get more substance on the issues affecting Americans rather than personal attacks and finger pointing. The debates revolve around who can throw the best one liner against their opponent.

I would rather see the candidates answer question and give a detailed plan on how they would go about implementing it. With the internet the candidates could surely give a detailed plan breakdown for every issue. This way voters can actually compare their plans and weigh which plans seem more realistic. The media could help by interviewing experts and have them decipher what will or will not work. We need something that can separate BS from honest thought out plans that will solve these issues.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I’m already convinced.

I patiently wait for your experience to take place though I hope not at the expense of Hillary as president necessarily

Its the system of political gamesmanship were denouncing here...the system of elections.

Its debasing, degrading and the sinister tool they use to keep the system going in a circle of ignorance and control.

This transcends the left right paradigm and merges into the Intelligence/ignorance paradigm

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The methodology we use to elect is despicable, degrading and produces bad fruit.

It needs massive reform and you could start with the 2 year election period

Imagine in these two years, has it enlightened the electorate about the issues?

NO

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
It's stupid big money buys the election every time.

WE need to do something about it by voting out congress every election until they restore our government back to something respectable.

How far are we wiling to let it go?

Anyone who tries to do something about it, are we just going to pick them apart and shred their personalities or will we eventually get behind a cause and do something?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Methodology is everything. There’s too many people who think this system has integrity and we few know it doesn’t.

Its too many stupid people who accept this depraved system

There’s no country in the modern world with such ridiculous elements to their electoral system.

2 plus years of an election of the same old stuff over and over and over and over and over, drowning the people in a barrage of utter stupidity.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
It's a dog and pony show, there all in on it, who's going to win, who ain't, don't matter, the next guy is already picked.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
tell me about it. john adams should have been first president. not this Washington guy pff whos is he anyways, its all rigged i tell ya

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

OF COURSE, littered with unseemly, ghastly amounts of bribery and extortion money for the candidates.

It most certainly is, but not in the way most people think.

Vote for me!

I will give you free stuff, Education,healthcare, infrastructure!

Vote for me!

I will let your business keep more money!

'Democracy' died a very long time ago in this country.

Vote for blue they will give you stuff.

Vote for red they will give you stuff.

That people is the reality.

When I hear people say 'get the money' out of politics ?

Never going to happen.

The electoral process is all about the benjamins.

Who wants it.

Who works for it.

Who uses the STATE to give it to them.

No one is without sin.
edit on 11-2-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
then I will be finally convinced

I can't remember when I was finally convinced ... Nixon probably.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This is the first time that I have seen candidates on BOTH sides of the aisle bucking the system...

While the OP's correct when describing the past, the folks in the US have an opportunity to "flip the script"...

I certainly hope that this opportunity isn't wasted...

That will only etch the OP's post in stone....

I will remain my hope in the folks.... we have all been disappointed before, don't let that you retreat...

Cast your vote.... make a change... buck this system!

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

The establishment gathers a group of people they want as president.

We get to pick from the group they chose.

Democrat, republican, it doesn't matter.

But it is fun playing the game.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

if Hillary gets the DNC nomination

Get ready . Looks like the "stars are falling" Hillary's way. All you have to do is watch Soros and his money.

edit on 11-2-2016 by Gothmog because: add

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Sorry to nitpick, but you mean for the Presidential elections, right? Because local elections are pretty simple and straightforward, unless you live in a major city like New York City. And many State elections are relatively simple (and incredibly lame tame), particularly for State legislatures. Most Americans probably can't even name their district representative (cough cough I can't either lol cough).

The biggest reason the Presidential elections are crazy like this is money. Many billions of dollars change hands during this season, from advertisements to campaign contributions (and SuperPAC contributions). The debates, juicy soundbites, lead stories, and scandals all make for great ratings, which also increases advertising revenue. Plus advisors, consultants, and independent contractors can make a killing during this cycle. To be honest, if I was a raving capitalist, I'd be exploiting election cycles to get a piece of the pie too.
edit on 12-2-2016 by enlightenedservant because: i'm in a good mood

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
If you think elections are bad now you should take a look at most of American history. It is civil and legit by comparison.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

So to change the silly system...all you guys need to do is....vote....

Got it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join