It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanders campaign raised $6.4 million after New Hampshire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Love him or hate him, but you can't deny the everyday people, a lot of everyday people, love him.

www.cnn.com...

Washington (CNN)Bernie Sanders raised $6.4 million in the 24 hours since the polls closed in New Hampshire, his campaign said Wednesday.

The large haul, which bests the $3 million he raised after his narrow loss to Hillary Clinton in Iowa, is further evidence of the digital fundraising juggernaut his campaign has built.

Average donation? $24.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I dont understand why they need so much money to run for a political office, where do these millions and millions go?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Advertising ain't cheap. I think Disney spent more on Star Wars advertising than the movie. Add in travel, hotels, food, and paying everyone on your staff it ain't cheap. It does blow my mind campaigns can run half a billion though! Sanders is proving you don't need THAT much money to make an impact. Trump to, I don't support him but he's showing the job can be done without big wealthy donations and super pacs.
edit on 11-2-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

God I hope he wins.. I really do.
the reason wall street, Clinton and the military companies are attacking him in the press is because he wants to change the corrupt scheming that has existed the last 25yrs.
The only way he looks like he will lose, is if Clinton cheats!

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

She's already trying with those BS super delegates who are made up of the elite, the establishment, TPTB.
edit on 11-2-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills
Advertising, really? With that damfangled invention called the internet I would have guessed they would spend less on campaigns since its inception. Minus inflation they are spending so much more these days

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
I dont understand why they need so much money to run for a political office, where do these millions and millions go?

They shouldn't need this much money. But anyone who is serious about running a competitive campaign in today's political environment has to realize what juggernauts they're up against.

With the Citizens United decision in place, coupled with the massive wealth inequality here in America and the fact that the Clinton political machine is one of the most powerful examples of establishment politics in American history, you have to know that you're gonna need some money to fight the fight.

I donate $27 to Bernie's campaign every month, sometimes I do it twice and this was one of those times.

If he can inspire and maintain the political revolution necessary to reverse Citizens United and remove special interest money from our political system, I'll consider it a HUGE step forward and my money well spent.
edit on 12-2-2016 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Typically, oh yeah, advertising costs millions upon millions of dollars. It's probably every campaigns biggest expense.

top topics

join