It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia threatens permanent world war if Saudis add ground troops to U.S. coalition

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Can you qoute the exact parts where you feel Russia is making these threats, to make things easy?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: mr-lizard

Maybe read the entire article then, where it discusses Russia staying in syria permanently to protect assad. Including Russian reaction to Turkey and Saudi Arabia.

And why shouldn't Russia protect Assad?

From what I understand Russia are protecting Assad from Western backed influences and Saudi sponsored Islam. Assad as I've mentioned is not a nice person, however he IS the legal leader of Syria. An ally of Russia and Iran. Therefor Russia are protecting an ally from foreign threats.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DutchMasterChief

You guys do know how to research and read right?

* - Russia threatens permanent world war if Saudis add ground troops to U.S. coalition
* - Russia Threatens Nuclear War To Drive NATO Out Of Baltics
* - 2013 - Russia Threatens To War With United States
* - 2014 - Russia threatens to retaliate against U.S. military

Any attack by Russia on Turkey or the US, or one of the 5 nato countries putin said he could take, will result in a world war of Putins making.
edit on 14-2-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Good point.. The US should protect Ukraine from the terrorists in the east.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: DutchMasterChief

You guys do know how to research and read right?

* - Russia threatens permanent world war if Saudis add ground troops to U.S. coalition

[I trimmed that down a wee bit ...]

You can't really be serious!

You do understand, or perhaps you don't want to, that no where in that statement, IF CORRECTLY TRANSLATED FROM THE RUSSIAN, does Putin make any threats what-so-ever.

It is merely a statement of what the outcome will likely be; in this case, a never-ending war. Not of Russia's making, but rather engineered entirely by NATO and the west.

You and the other Russia Haters need to put your prejudices aside for a moment and get a truly clear view of what is going on..

Unfortunately, I don't expect y'all to do that. I expect you will laugh, and reassert your BS! And, completely without a second thought...your bad!

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

You do understand, or perhaps you don't want to, that no where in that statement, IF CORRECTLY TRANSLATED FROM THE RUSSIAN, does Putin make any threats what-so-ever.

That explains why he has not retaliated against Western aircraft violating Syrian airspace. Why did he bother to say anything at all?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Wouldn't that be ironic, eh? The US protecting someone against terrorists...funny
edit on 15-2-2016 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Wouldn't that be ironic, eh? The US protecting someone against terrorists...funny

Not nearly as ironic as Russia not supporting separatists, after supporting them in Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

The difference is, there are no separatists in Syria, only very well funded and backed up terrorists that are called the moderate rebels by the west so they can justify their actions against the legal government. Older people have already been trough this way back when the US was helping talibans in Afghanistan during their fight with Russia in the '80s. Best friends at the beginning...and then remember what happened next? You sure must.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

What about the women and children being killed by Russian bombing? Are they terrorists too?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Are you suggesting they are targeting women and children on purpose? If you are, you better have some proof to back that up, and not just claims from the turkey which is indirectly and directly assisting ISIS. If you don't have any proof, then you are pushing lies intentionally which is something that is not allowed on ATS if im not mistaken, but considering how everybody can just say whatever the heck they want and get away with it( not just ATS but real life as well ), I don't think you will get sanctioned.

Hate to break it for you, but that is war and especially when we have those so called freedom fighters( terrorists ) who use civilians as human shield, something we have seen Hamas does as well alongside the fascists in Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Hate to break it for you, but that is war and especially when we have those so called freedom fighters( terrorists ) who use civilians as human shield, something we have seen Hamas does as well alongside the fascists in Ukraine.

Thank you for finally admitting that the separatists in Ukraine were fascists using their own people as human shields. Of course the Russians are not targeting civilians; they just don't care if civilians get killed.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I know that our definition of what a terrorist is different, but did not think you also have a different definition of a fascist.

And you know, instead of using some poor little tricks like twisting my words so they work for your agenda, you should try to use some facts and arguments, but I know it's hard to do so when you don't have any.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

I know that our definition of what a terrorist is different, but did not think you also have a different definition of a fascist.

And you know, instead of using some poor little tricks like twisting my words so they work for your agenda, you should try to use some facts and arguments, but I know it's hard to do so when you don't have any.

I define fascism as a political ideology with three broad elements: populist ultra-nationalism, the claim that the country has become soft or ‘decadent,’ and a “rebirth myth.” . Now looking at these 3 principles Russia is the facsist state.
American scholar Robert Paxton has identified other elements of Fascism, including an obsession with reversing national decline, usually blamed on betrayal, through restriction of civil liberties, purification of the people, military strength, and national expansion. Again all fits with Putin's policies. So we may have something they call in psychology called projection. You see yourself in everything others do Putin calling someone a fascist is well kind if funny considering his policies.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Sorry, my bad--I should have said we Americans are and have been creating all sorts of collateral damage, some intentional, some not, and all of it in violation of certain international laws.

We even circle gunships over hospitals, guns ablaze, for an hour, and then say Oops, I did it again.

I say again sir, US hypocrisy has a certain stench to it not found in Russian hypocrisy.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I'm reading my domestic news and they say turkey soldiers entered sirya.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I have given my definition of Fascism at length here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Someone tried to hijack the thread and make it about Israel. Still you can see what groups the definition applies to.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: saadad

Hi mate - which country is your news source? I'm genuinely interested in the proceedings.

Thankyou

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Go see the UN reports to say they aren't hitting civilian infrastructure would be a lie. But you asked so here you go.
www.cbc.ca...

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: mr-lizard

originally posted by: saadad

Hi mate - which country is your news source? I'm genuinely interested in the proceedings.

Thankyou

I've looked can't find anything think this was an internet rumor. In fact it caused the Turkish government to respond.

Turkey's defense minister said his country has no intention of sending ground troops into Syria

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join