It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia threatens permanent world war if Saudis add ground troops to U.S. coalition

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

There you are with your another standard line. I remember us having this discussion a year ago or so. Come up with something new.

Somebody should send a memo to NATO that there's no more communism and the soviet union, so there's no need to try and build base in front of Russia's door. What do you expect a warming welcome?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
I am not attacking you at all, i am just pointing out what's your real agenda. Why you getting sensitive about it if you are not guilty.

Your inability to discuss the topic while trying to derail the conversation away from russia /putin. Yes, your agenda is to launch personal attacks on people when they have facts you cant spin.

I will repeat myself for the last time. Everything that you ask me to explain to you has ALREADY BEING EXPLAINED MULTIPLE TIMES.

Not really no.

Want me to explain?

The only thing constant is you bringing this up even though it was taken out of context.

Like i said. I raised a valid fact - putin threatening to use nukes - and you deflect and try to spin. He wasnt taken out of context. Thus far you have not explained anything. Just personal attacks and thread derailments.

Not true.

Yes true...
Threatening to take 5 capitals, countries who are NATO members... oook.

Moscow troops could be in five NATO capitals in two days, boasts Putin: Leader boasted to Ukrainian president about Russian power

Putin was quoted threatening that Russia could be in Kiev in two days - and also in Riga, Vilnius, Tallinn, Warsaw and Bucarest

To protect Russian's living there from the fascists the west planted in Kiev. Even referendum was held.

The invasion plans on crimea were conceived of before yanukovych fled. Putin says plan to take Crimea hatched before referendum

and no he wasnt protecting russians. There were no issues until russia invaded and thus far failed to provide anything to the UN to support their lies... err claims about russians being threatened. That lie didnt work for hitler / nazis, it wont work with putin.

Not true. You can check for yourself the results of Russia's bombing unlike other countries where we can find only a few targets hit during such a long period of time.

Russia has not been attacking isis they have been attacking rebels opposed to assad. The only ones in denial are russian followers of putin. It must be one hell of a good cool aid.

It was a assumption, not a definitive true.

No its a flat out lie by putin, even after isis claimed responsibility. Putin decided to lie to drum up support against turkey to change the news cycle about putin failing to protect against isis.

Because russia is not targeting isis.

There all explained. Again.

No, they are lies putin pushes and his blind followers repeat while lying that items were taken out of context, or he was just speculating, or never claimed etc etc etc.

I honestly dont understand how people can sell their souls to push putins bs lies, even after being provided overwhelming evidence they try to rationalize and spin while missing just how ridiculous they look.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

a reply to: 23432

I think it's you who is confused.

Russia and China threats to capitalism? You do know they are no more communist states?

In this prolonged hot&cold war between NATO & Russia ; I have seen Russians shoot unarmed civilians in the back many times .

The same could be said for the west as well. Who was the first nation to fund and create a terrorist group?

Under Russian hegemony millions of people died needlessly .

Again, it seems you are trapped in the past.

Russia and & China are a threat to Capitalist Demoracies of the World . This is because both nations have no experience in Democracy .
Their heritage is strictly emperialistic and cruelly tyrannic to those who don't conform .

They are both a natural threat to Capitalist Democracies precisely because they are not Capitalist Democracies .

Of course we need to be carefull not to dehumanise Russians & Chinese but at the same time we need to understand the existential threats that these 2 nations bring on to table world commerce .

As recently as 10 years ago the innocent Chechen civilians were being killed by Russians , so , no I don't think that I am stuck in the past but I think you are ignoring all the available DATA and your conclusions are skewed like a shish kebab .

Putin at his best is guarding stolen property of mine ; so he can bugger off , kindly.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Volchitsa

there is a good potential for the war to just drag on and on and on,

Just the opposite. The Sunnis are ready with a large group of terrorist in uniform. 350,000 in northern Saudi Arabia alone with the Turks in the north ready to rush through western Iraq to meet up with their ISIS friends. The Turks in the north will attack at the same time the Sunni army enters Syria. It will be a lightning fast war as far as start to end. Try should be if Russia backs up their talk.

One can only hope the U.S. stays out of it or bombs the hell out of Turkey and Saudi since former Senator Bob Gram said Saudi Arabia was to blame for 9/11.

I know that is a lie but it sure would be one hell of an excuse to rally the fools.
edit on 13-2-2016 by Patriotsrevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Should I start/find a new thread to post this, or the "masters" of the thread who say who should post what, would be OK with this important new info being posted here?

@GovernmentRF
If we fail to settle the situation in Syria and other conflict areas, terrorism will become a new form of war and spread worldwide #Medvedev

‏@RuptlyNewsroom
BREAKING - Turkish FM confirms presence of Saudi troops, F-16s at Turkish military base ahead of possible Syria ground invasion - Reports

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

I have seen people making claims about the number of troops, their location, what they have yet no one can provide a source. Can you post your source that says 350k troops are in saudi arabia?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I flagged off this thread and think of abandoning it. There isn't a fair discussion. Those who are defending somehow Russia even indirectly or try to be balanced (as myself), or those who are openly against Turkey, Saudi, Syrian opposition, are not welcome in this thread and similar threads.

For the cause of the argument, I will say Russia installed Iskanders some 2 years ago. You have to google it, professors! Not someone to make a homework and to receive no gratitude for that. Syria has iskanders, Yakhont, and S-400. All are nuclear capable.
edit on 14-2-2016 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

As far as the discussion goes to West-Russia standoff, it is the most normal thing and reflects the events as they unfolding on international meetings. Medvedev and Holland just exchanged sparks yesterday, Hollande calling Russian bombs against civilians must stop, Medvedev answering there weren't such not even one single evidence. It is reposted in RT again. This is all part of the Syrian problem that becomes the new focal point of world conflict. It is not isolated part in which we are supposed to discuss the Saudi only, or text taken out of context to be interpreted as Russia backwards on Syria. I don't think this is possible at such late moment without Russia losing international prestige. But if it happens, may be Syria is already armed to teeth to respond alone.

A more likely scenario is Russia to get involved in Turkey for reasons that go beyond the current thread, to have downed planes on both sides, and that to result in a wider campaign that will ultimately see Bosporus cut off Turkey. But that is outside of the current thread. I don't care, but I see the minority posters share views of parity between Russia and the West. The majority want to promote the Western MSM view and that is not something good in a thread and forum that pretends to be independent place of discussion. In all, lectures are not to be done in forums like that. Especially after hard homework done for someone stupid enough to share reasons with people who care of no reason but of predetermined agenda.

I delete my bookmark for this thread. Enjoy, defenders of Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and the proxy wars, until they become real wars.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Salander

Well no, he invaded a sovereign nation and then annexed part of it.

Rather like we have done? Rather like we are still doing?

As I said, Russian hypocrisy is not nearly as offensive as US hypocrisy.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Russia has not been attacking isis they have been attacking rebels opposed to assad. The only ones in denial are russian followers of putin. It must be one hell of a good cool aid.

The Russians have stated from the beginning that they would go after all forces opposing their ally Assad. So what's your point?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

What do you mean "we" paleface? I have never invaded anything.

And hypocrites accusing hypocrites of hypocrisy is the most hypocritical thing of all. Let's return to the actual topic of the thread, shall we? As I have pointed out numerous times, the title of the thread is a lie. Russia is not making threats. The irony is that so many people seem to want Russia to start the war that it is trying to avoid. Do you think Russia should attack Turkey? Why or why not?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

I flagged off this thread and think of abandoning it. There isn't a fair discussion. Those who are defending somehow Russia even indirectly or try to be balanced (as myself), or those who are openly against Turkey, Saudi, Syrian opposition, are not welcome in this thread and similar threads.

Are you even participating in the same thread as everyone else? Objective posters get accused of being "Russophobic" and the majority seem to want Russia to start a world war. See how many stars every pro-Russia post get? JUst post "Putin is our "savior" and see how many stars you get.

For the cause of the argument, I will say Russia installed Iskanders some 2 years ago. You have to google it, professors! Not someone to make a homework and to receive no gratitude for that. Syria has iskanders, Yakhont, and S-400. All are nuclear capable.

Nothing says "I want peace" like installing offensive nuclear weapons. If Syria has nuclear weapons, they are in violation of the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, which they signed in 1968. If Russia armed them, it would be a criminal act.

As far as the discussion goes to West-Russia standoff, it is the most normal thing and reflects the events as they unfolding on international meetings. Medvedev and Holland just exchanged sparks yesterday, Hollande calling Russian bombs against civilians must stop, Medvedev answering there weren't such not even one single evidence. It is reposted in RT again. This is all part of the Syrian problem that becomes the new focal point of world conflict. It is not isolated part in which we are supposed to discuss the Saudi only, or text taken out of context to be interpreted as Russia backwards on Syria. I don't think this is possible at such late moment without Russia losing international prestige. But if it happens, may be Syria is already armed to teeth to respond alone.

Russia has been carpet bombing cities. They boast about it. Civilians are obviously dying. Where is all the outrage from the people who were calling the Ukrainian government Nazis for shelling cities?

A more likely scenario is Russia to get involved in Turkey for reasons that go beyond the current thread, to have downed planes on both sides, and that to result in a wider campaign that will ultimately see Bosporus cut off Turkey. But that is outside of the current thread. I don't care, but I see the minority posters share views of parity between Russia and the West. The majority want to promote the Western MSM view and that is not something good in a thread and forum that pretends to be independent place of discussion. In all, lectures are not to be done in forums like that. Especially after hard homework done for someone stupid enough to share reasons with people who care of no reason but of predetermined agenda.

Your analysis is somewhat confused, but, ultimately, Russia and Turkey have been at war for centuries. This would be a very bad time for Russia to start a war against Turkey, which is why people like Medvedev are desperately trying to sound like peace mongers without appearing weak.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

Well no, he invaded a sovereign nation and then annexed part of it.

Actually no. Learn what annexation is before attempting a failed argument.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief

The Russians have stated from the beginning that they would go after all forces opposing their ally Assad. So what's your point?

Whats your old user name? You sound familiar.

No they said they were going after isius, which they arent and that is my point. Aside from trying to spin russian action whats yours?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Whats your old user name? You sound familiar.

YourMomma

No they said they were going after isius, which they arent and that is my point. Aside from trying to spin russian action whats yours?

"The goal [of the Russian operation] is to help the Syrian armed forces in their weak spots in the fight against ISIL and other terrorist and extremist groups," Peskov was quoted as saying on Thursday by Russian news agencies

www.aljazeera.com...

I always speak the truth, and if I don't it is because I made an honest mistake.
edit on 14-2-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Russia threatens permanent world war if Saudis add ground troops to U.S. coalition

Russia screrred of Saudi ?

Russia was smart they would look at the lessons of the last 40 years the west has faced.

When it comes to die hard Islamic True Believers there is no end in site.

Russia's so called threat is ludicrous.

If it was smart it would drop Assad, and get the hell out of dodge.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Erm... Russia didn' threaten a world war.

Also dropping Assad? To what end? Replace him with some American/Saudi sponsored Islamic terrorist? Assad is a brutal dictator that's true - but whatever replaces him will NOT be for the better.

Besides Russia are protecting their own interests.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
while we, the west demand assad is removed and, while the biggest daesh backers saudi arabia also want him out russia, will defend their guy.
looking at people we westerners have installed in the region, the shah in iran, saddam in iraq, and the mess left after our help removing governments in say, libya and egypt also leaves a lot to be desired.
sometimes its better to have the devil you know, than the devil you don't.
being english i wouldn't trust cameron to make a cup of coffee, let alone help install a puppet into syria.
syria itself has no major natural resources to see profit for multi national companies, presents no real threat to america's favourite israel and, assad despises the wahhabi sect that both saudi and daesh adhere to.

leave well alone.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mr-lizard

uuhm ok...

Russia threatens permanent world war if Saudis add ground troops to U.S. coalition - Syria is off limits, warns PM Dmitry Medvedev

Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev speaking to Germany’s Handelsblatt newspaper said the following when asked about Saudi Arabia and other Arab Gulf states adding ground forces to the U.S. led coalition in Syria against the Islamic State, reported Yahoo.

“This is bad as a ground offensive usually turns the war into a permanent one. Just look at what happened in Afghanistan and many other countries. I don’t need to remind you what happened in poor Libya. The Americans and our Arab partners must think well: do they want a permanent war?” It would be impossible to win such a war quickly, he said according to a German translation of his words, “especially in the Arab world, where everybody is fighting against everybody. All sides must be compelled to sit at the negotiating table instead of unleashing a new world war.”

hmmm ok....

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

uuhm ok...

Russia threatens permanent world war if Saudis add ground troops to U.S. coalition - Syria is off limits, warns PM Dmitry Medvedev

Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev speaking to Germany’s Handelsblatt newspaper said the following when asked about Saudi Arabia and other Arab Gulf states adding ground forces to the U.S. led coalition in Syria against the Islamic State, reported Yahoo.

“This is bad as a ground offensive usually turns the war into a permanent one. Just look at what happened in Afghanistan and many other countries. I don’t need to remind you what happened in poor Libya. The Americans and our Arab partners must think well: do they want a permanent war?” It would be impossible to win such a war quickly, he said according to a German translation of his words, “especially in the Arab world, where everybody is fighting against everybody. All sides must be compelled to sit at the negotiating table instead of unleashing a new world war.”

hmmm ok....

I don't see your point, your quote basically states they don't want a world war. I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or disagreeing.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Maybe read the entire article then, where it discusses Russia staying in syria permanently to protect assad. Including Russian reaction to Turkey and Saudi Arabia.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join