It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia threatens permanent world war if Saudis add ground troops to U.S. coalition

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I am not in a position to judge Russian leadership, primarily because I'm not Russian.

From the outside looking in, Putin has been the only source of truth on the world stage for the last few years. He went to the UN and told everybody what he was going to do in Syria, supporting a legitimately elected government and ally. And then he did it. Maybe it's just me, but I like that kind of leadership. And he didn't circle a gunship over a hospital to do it, either.

Russia went in and struck ISIS in ways it had not been struck before, which was cool. Then it became apparent to everybody that ISIS was actually our guys, attempting yet another Made In America "Regime Change".

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

Source of truth?

AAAAAAAAAahaahahahahaahahaah...

Thats a good one...

What has putin been truthful about since he rigged the last elections? Ukraine? Nope he lied... Georgia? Nope he lied. Fighting ISIS? Nope he lied.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

He took care of his own. No country would give up its only warm water port. He's not stupid, he's Russian.

Somehow to me, Russian hypocrisy is not as offensive as American hypocrisy. Probably just my perspective, having a government no longer deserving of the public trust.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

He took care of his own. No country would give up its only warm water port.

But why keep it by subterfuge? He could have made renewing control of Russian naval bases in Crimea as a necessary condition for recognizing the interim government in Kyiv as legitimate. Elegant diplomacy that would have undercut NATO expansion.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Well no, he invaded a sovereign nation and then annexed part of it.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I am not in a position to judge Russian leadership, primarily because I'm not Russian.

So you keep saying. You have opinions about the policies of other world leaders. Why do you need to be Russian to have an opinion of their policies and leadership?

From the outside looking in, Putin has been the only source of truth on the world stage for the last few years.

Except when he lied about Russian troops being in Crimea. Oh, and has anyone heard from Viktor Yanukovytch lately?

He went to the UN and told everybody what he was going to do in Syria, supporting a legitimately elected government and ally. And then he did it.

The thing is, he said he was going to fight IS terrorists; instead, he bombed rebellious civilians.

Maybe it's just me, but I like that kind of leadership.

Yeah, it's obvious what kind of leadership you like.

And he didn't circle a gunship over a hospital to do it, either.

Nope, he did it shamelessly and openly; just the sort of leadership you admire:

“The Syrian government – and recently Russian forces – have been relentlessly attacking medical facilities in violation of international law and in defiance of any respect for humanity,” Widney Brown, PHR’s director of programs, said in the report.

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's forces indiscriminately target cities and towns with heavy rebel group activity in order to re-establish government control, regardless of civilian casualties.

Russia launched an aggressive bombing campaign in Syria last fall intended to bolster Assad.

PHR documented 16 attacks on Syrian hospitals in October 2015 alone, more than any in one month since the conflict began in 2011. At least 10 were carried out by Russian forces.

www.syriadeeply.org...

Russia went in and struck ISIS in ways it had not been struck before,

... with no regard for civilian lives or the Geneva Conventions...

which was cool.

I thought you were in no position to judge because you're not Russian.

Then it became apparent to everybody that ISIS was actually our guys,

There you go again using that weird expression "our guys." The only people who believe ISIS is an American operation are Russians.

attempting yet another Made In America "Regime Change".

Thank you for sharing the Kremlin's party line with us. Can we please return to the topic now?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Again, can you come up with anything else? And not just repeat same old stuff all the time.

I am contributing to new members seeing what you agenda is and sparing them a useless discussion they might have with you. You even bring the Ukraine crisis AGAIN. In a topic that's totally not related to what we talk about right now. Amazing.

I mean you won't even recognize that Putin had the balls to go to UN and tell what we, the conspiracy lunatics know but not everybody else. WHO FUNDS THE TERRORISTS.

edit on 13-2-2016 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

I mean you won't even recognize that Putin had the balls to go to UN and tell what we, the conspiracy lunatics know but not everybody else. WHO FUNDS THE TERRORISTS.

I think you need to read this:

www.ft.com...

Any further discussion of this will be off topic. There must be another thread about this somewhere. Anyway, this OP illustrates how some western media outlets twist statements from Russian officials to make Russia look even more aggressive than it really is.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Putin.. His alliance with the Taliban is evidence of that. His terrorists in E. Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova.

Secondly attacking other posters is a sad and pathetic, and uniquely Russian, attempt to shift the conversation away from the truth. If you had an argument you would make it instead of trying to shift the conversation to something irrelevant.

Do try to stay on topic. That way new members wont pick up on your agenda right out of the gate.

You done with the temper tantrum now? If so maybe you can explain why peaceful putin is constantly threatening to use nukes, invade nato countries, illegally occupying Crimea, supporting assad by lying about attacking isis abd why he is lying about turkey being behind the attack on the russian civilian airliner brought down over egypt.

Now explain the above and remember the topic is not other users.
edit on 13-2-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Secondly attacking other posters is a sad and pathetic, and uniquely Russian

Jeez! ATS must have a hell of a lot of russian members then...

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I am not attacking you at all, i am just pointing out what's your real agenda. Why you getting sensitive about it if you are not guilty.

I will repeat myself for the last time. Everything that you ask me to explain to you has ALREADY BEING EXPLAINED MULTIPLE TIMES.

Want me to explain?

If so maybe you can explain why peaceful putin is constantly threatening to use nukes

The only thing constant is you bringing this up even though it was taken out of context.

invade nato countries

Not true.

illegally occupying Crimea

To protect Russian's living there from the fascists the west planted in Kiev. Even referendum was held.

supporting assad by lying about attacking isis

Not true. You can check for yourself the results of Russia's bombing unlike other countries where we can find only a few targets hit during such a long period of time.

why he is lying about turkey being behind the attack on the russian civilian airliner brought down over egypt.

It was a assumption, not a definitive true.

There all explained. Again.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

Just count the stars a post gets if it praises Putin.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

I am not attacking you at all, i am just pointing out what's your real agenda. Why you getting sensitive about it if you are not guilty.

I will repeat myself for the last time. Everything that you ask me to explain to you has ALREADY BEING EXPLAINED MULTIPLE TIMES.

Want me to explain?

If so maybe you can explain why peaceful putin is constantly threatening to use nukes

The only thing constant is you bringing this up even though it was taken out of context.

invade nato countries

Not true.

illegally occupying Crimea

To protect Russian's living there from the fascists the west planted in Kiev. Even referendum was held.

supporting assad by lying about attacking isis

Not true. You can check for yourself the results of Russia's bombing unlike other countries where we can find only a few targets hit during such a long period of time.

why he is lying about turkey being behind the attack on the russian civilian airliner brought down over egypt.

It was a assumption, not a definitive true.

There all explained. Again.

In this topsy turvy world of yours ; does the Ukrainians & Tatars eternally get to play second fiddle to Russians in Crimea ?

Is it a crime not wanting to be ruled by Moscow ?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

Of course not, everybody should be able to choose where would they want to live. Just what happened in Crimea.

Maybe...just maybe none of this would have happened in the first place if the west didn't yet again tried to install a puppet government so they could bring NATO in front of Russia's door.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
RT reporting Turks shelling Aleppo and Latakia areas. Turks basically attacking a sovereign state........................

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
RT reporting Turks shelling Aleppo and Latakia areas. Turks basically attacking a sovereign state........................

You don't seem to know much about Sovereignity I am afraid .

It lies with people above anything else , including a dictator and his party .

If anything , the Turks are attempting to restore sovereignty to people of Syria .

Sovereignty is understood in jurisprudence as the full right and power of a governing body to govern itself without any interference from outside sources or bodies.

In political theory, sovereignty is a substantive term designating supreme authority over some polity.

Syrian Government has lost legitimacy .

Any state that barrell bombs it's own people by default looses it's legitamacy .

That is only fair .

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Of course not, everybody should be able to choose where would they want to live. Just what happened in Crimea.

Maybe...just maybe none of this would have happened in the first place if the west didn't yet again tried to install a puppet government so they could bring NATO in front of Russia's door.

Russia & China are a threat to Capitalist - Democracies of the World .

Capitalist - Democracies doesn't have to be perfect to accept this existential threat .

In this prolonged hot&cold war between NATO & Russia ; I have seen Russians shoot unarmed civilians in the back many times .

Under Russian hegemony millions of people died needlessly .

Russians are no Devil but they are no Angels either .

You just seem confused .

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I think it's you who is confused.

Russia and China threats to capitalism? You do know they are no more communist states?

In this prolonged hot&cold war between NATO & Russia ; I have seen Russians shoot unarmed civilians in the back many times .

The same could be said for the west as well. Who was the first nation to fund and create a terrorist group?

Under Russian hegemony millions of people died needlessly .

Again, it seems you are trapped in the past.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Considering Putin lives there...

He needs to join the rest of us in the 21st century and accept the fact the soviet union is gone and not coming back. Any attempt to do so will result in the destruction of whats left of russia.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Considering Putin lives there...

He needs to join the rest of us in the 21st century and accept the fact the soviet union is gone and not coming back.

You can take a man out of the KGB, but you can't take the KGB out of a man.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join