It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

for the wrist watch lovers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Hublot is one of my favorites. I've always liked their Big Bang line.

Invicta and a lot of the cheaper brands mimic the designs of the fine watch makers, particularly Rolex, Panerai, IWC, Franck Muller, and Cartier. I know everyone can't afford to buy these watches. However, I always tell people to go visit a high end watch store and try them on and then compare to the cheaper brands. You will immediately see the difference in construction and materials.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Oh no doubt man, I have a thing for pocket watches artistically at least I have someone very close to me that collects rare and very expensive ones, that being said I get to go with her to those back of the store deals sometimes when she is trading and buying stuff with a jeweler she knows that deals in not only those but a lot of high end ones and he usually lets me play with his merchandise and take a look at them.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Ohh dear.Breitling watches. Have you ever watched their commercials, amazing !

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
i think i am going to buy this one

www.thewatchery.com...

80 bucks is not bad.
macy's is closing at our mall and everything is 50% off at least so i need to check that first

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

nice man.
i hear you with the prices. would be sweet to have a bad ass tag heuer or a patek on my wrist.

" not gonna happen though." Curious why you say this my friend. Age, health ? Also curious if you have decide on

what your going to buy

I never made over ten grand a year with a useless BS Degree until I turned 43. In my wildest dreams I could not imagine

buying a Porsche , two HD Fat boys ,a home, buying my Dad a car ect. " Not gonna happen " I would of bet my life

things would never change. But they do ! Ya never know Amigo. I'm not blowing my own horn here it's just a fact.

Now at 68 things aren't so rosy $. . After a bit of research Invicta appears to be a

pretty good product. As I type I'm wearing a 130 buck Seiko Solar < Love it ! Cheers

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dazbog

yeah man.
in the world of watches invicta is 'low end' but theyre quality.
you might be surprised at the quality of some of the lower end stuff.
fossil, relic, diesel. they all make good watches

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
You might be interested in a watch from Ocean 7 or Lum Tec. I have watches from both and love them. There's something to be said for a quality US made automatic watch. They're both very accurate too. I don't believe the big boys have that much advantage with their movements when the sub $500 watches are keeping just as accurate time as they are. Seiko and citizen are also great bargains for the performance.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I don't have one yet but I plan on buying a sundial watch. pretty cool! problem is it only works on sunny days

sundial watch

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a buddy of mine lives in durban south africa. talk to him every day.
he said there is a 'nigeria town' by him that sells knock off's for like $30.
told him to send me a few.
cant wait.

i bought one yesterday but not the one i linked.

bought this invicta

www.thewatchery.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Cell phones has their own importance and wrist has their own.Wrist watch adds shiny stars to one's persona as i buy new branded watch and sell my old one to Patek Philippe Watch.I always appreciate adorable time pieces.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

jet.com...:ggl:a_nj_dur_gen_apparel_accessories_a1_b1:apparel_accessories_jewelry_watche s_a1_other:na
LA_632518940_26547544977_pla-161681998380:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15&gclid=CPHU98SRos8CFS0JfwodCbQHRQ&gclds

Wooden watch, made from whiskey barrels.
edit on 21-9-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Big fan of Panerai. I like the oversize case and the unique crown protector. The strap is easy to change so you can swap out different color/material bands or put on the bracelet.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Big fan of Panerai. I like the oversize case and the unique crown protector. The strap is easy to change so you can swap out different color/material bands or put on the bracelet.

Paneristi here.
Been rocking my Pam 112 since 2005. Love this brand. I like the simple but distinctive designs. It is funny too, when you own a Panerai, you get other owners acknowledging you like you are in a secret club. The brand isn't very well known outside of watch guys. They aren't cheap but ( I think the cheapest model is at $6k now) but mine has been whipped like a country mutt and still going strong. Looks great in gym or under a dress shirt. The 44mm case feels great. Most other watches feel so dainty after wearing a chunky panerai for so long.

I've probably had about 20 different custom straps for mine over the years.

The history is also interesting. But I find the story of how Sylvestor Stallone can take credit for actually blowing the brand up even more interesting. He bought a bunch of them as gifts and the watches were featured prominently in a few of his movies. They are also shown a lot in the Transporter movie series. Actor, Rock also wears his a lot in movies as well.

One of these days I am going to get a Panerai Radiomir. HOwever, I think next up on my list right now is a Rolex Explorer II. I want a bracelet watch.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I am probably going to get the new Panerai 'Dirty Dial' automatic.

I agree though, it's a watch guys watch although I do get complements from non-watch people because it is so striking.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

It's sold out??? I'd just like a watch that can tell the time. That actually works. That actually keeps working. Maybe like a swatch or something. Like I've bought tons and tons and tons of watches. They all break, or the battary dies and I don't get it changed or I do and the next battary dies. They're all junk!!! Like all my watches I wear don't work. But I spent a lot of money on them so I wear them sort of as jewelry. I tell the time using my car clock, alarm clock at home, or cell phone. But watches now a days are total junk. I still like them though. But I think a cheap cheap timex digital or else a swatch is your best bet for actually keeping the time if that's important too you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join