It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football/soccer is a boring sport.Why do people care so much about it?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I forgot Nascar, thats always boring, unless theres a crazy wreck then its interesting for about 25 seconds.

non-elite soccer sucks.Elite soccer at times is entertaining but most of the time is boring.
Golf sucks.
NASCAR sucks.
Non-playoff baseball is boring unless its two really good teams playing.

But if other people like to follow those sports then its ok.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Canadian here. Played "football"(I hate to have to put that in "emphasis") all my life. It's a great game to play. Crappy game to watch. Like baseball. Golf. Basketball.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
americans find a sport they can't play boring.
the rest of the world disagrees.

I daresay, anyone fresh on the scene, let us say, ALIENS....would not take soccer in the top 5 or maybe even 10 on the list of something to play or watch.

It is very sad the amount of passion put into this game as if it is so incredibly hard, or has good rules.

I am a sports FANATIC, and played soccer for 10 years. Am a student of all sports.

Soccer is INCREDIBLY overrated, and you know it too.

In reality it rates barely higher than baseball, in overall difficulty , but not in tactics.

The people are funny talking about how many tactics and set plays, but there are more in TENNIS than in soccer.

People love it to death, because they are afraid of change, like others say they don't know any better and because it is cheap.

But it is beyond insulting the misguided beliefs the "World" has that it is anywhere NEAR the greatest sport,

Let me guess. You were always picked last and put in goal left a psychological scar

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
You can see this type of thing in NFL. Or can you ?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I need to see more scoring to be interested. This should be happening all the time.

No scoring = boring,uneventful and tedious.
No presedural play = hard to figure out who is winning or losing or who is about to score.
Low scoring attempts = boring,eventful,and tedious.
Minimal physicality = boring.
No bonus-score(3 pointer,and1,2 point conversion,safety,3 pointer and 1,),bonus possession(on-side kick recovery, 4th down recovery,0:00 untimed down at the end of the game to win it),auto-score mechanics(home-runs,walk with bases loaded) = boring;

If soccer had 10-12 scores a game I would watch it.
Scoring plays are fun to watch. Kicking a ball back and forth with low scoring is not fun to watch.
edit on 30-4-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

edit on 30-4-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

Why do people care?
Nationalism and city pride has a lot to do with it.

With any sport, there are a number of people who are ACTUAL FANS of that sport, but a large majority just wants to see their "clan" (their city or their country) be victorious over another "clan" from another city or country.

Like I said, it might not be true for all fans, and some really do like the mechanics and strategy of a sport, but many more are just in it for the chest puffing they get from their clan beating another clan.

edit on 2016-5-5 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Kicking a ball back and forth on a field for 90 minutes is not exciting at all.

It is boring.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I'm watching right now DFB Pokal, BVB vs FCB. As bavarian I hope Dortmund wins, so much for national pride.
It's fun to watch, fun to play and I am a lady.
Modern gladiators.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Posted a video but removed when I realised there was swear word in it. Shame cos it really funny.
edit on 20-7-2016 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Soccer doesnt HAVE to be boring.....it is dominated by traditionalist mindests who are governed by statistical machinations like other Pro sports happen to also be.

Soccer could and should be a 7-5 type of game every time 2 teams meet.It would be nearly IMPOSSIBLE TO STOP AN OFFENSIVELY FOCUSED SOCCER TEAM if they were using Intuitve Dynamic Analysis and Intuitive Dynamic Management.

The Sport needs some NewAge Soccer System invigoration.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

So saber-metrics made its way into soccer too.

An average score of 7-5 or 5-5 would be exciting. 2-1,1-0 or 1-1 is not enough.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
Soccer doesnt HAVE to be boring.....it is dominated by traditionalist mindests who are governed by statistical machinations like other Pro sports happen to also be.

Since soccer, or football if you prefer, isn't boring, your point is tough to follow...

Soccer could and should be a 7-5 type of game every time 2 teams meet.It would be nearly IMPOSSIBLE TO STOP AN OFFENSIVELY FOCUSED SOCCER TEAM if they were using Intuitve Dynamic Analysis and Intuitive Dynamic Management.

There is more to the game than offense. "intuitive dynamic analysis"? "intuitive dynamic management"? What does that even mean? Actually, never mind, I don't need to know, nor frankly, do I want to know. Sounds far too robotic and soulless to me.

No. You roll the ball out and let the best team win, and have fun watching.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

Maybe someone can start a thread where they discuss the merits of this with themselves for a few years.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

No 7-5 isn't good soccer, because that's an unbalanced game. All offense is just as boring as a defensive stalemate.

There are two aspects of any sport, offense, and defense. When you achieve the right balance of the two? You see magic on the field, or the court.

Doesn't matter the game. A defensive lob in tennis, followed by a cross-court winner against your opponant is much more exciting than a service ace against your opponent.

A basketball game played by two well balance teams to an overtime thriller 99-98 is much more exciting than two offensive juggernauts playing to a 188-166 borefest. Defense, and offense should be a blend, not one being ignored. ...and all great teams, or individuals, do that.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Please, no.

That sort of thing is polluting the games I grew up playing and watching.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Prefer Rugby League and Rugby Union.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

No 7-5 isn't good soccer, because that's an unbalanced game. All offense is just as boring as a defensive stalemate.
Scoring is fun to watch. Not scoring is not fun to watch.
There are two aspects of any sport, offense, and defense. When you achieve the right balance of the two? You see magic on the field, or the court.
I agree. Prevent the other team from scoring 20 goals. Keep it to an average of 5-8
Doesn't matter the game. A defensive lob in tennis, followed by a cross-court winner against your opponant is much more exciting than a service ace against your opponent.
Tennis has regular scoring. Aces are nice to watch. Defense is fun to watch in tennis because it is incredibly difficult.
A basketball game played by two well balance teams to an overtime thriller 99-98 is much more exciting than two offensive juggernauts playing to a 188-166 borefest. Defense, and offense should be a blend, not one being ignored. ...and all great teams, or individuals, do that.

Basketball has regular scoring. A 68-72 physical turtle fest is fun to watch. A 200-199 eight overtime shoot out is fun to watch.A 79-128 blowout decided in the first quarter is boring. Close games are fun to watch there is struggle. There is enough scoring to keep me watching.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Hi man, I do not know who is boring to watch football, but not for me
This is one of my favorite sports and it is very interesting. How many emotions do footballers give me when they score a beautiful goal. Now there is a Champions League tournament and Juventus lost to Atletico Madrid 2-0, in the second leg Juventus won 3-0 and reached the quarter final of the tournament, Cristiano Ronaldo scored 3 goals! (nice site about Ron www.ronaldo7.net...) These were very cool emotions, how can you not like that?)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join