It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curious and Questioning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Greetings,

I found this site while researching ozone therapy, and read the posts, most from several years ago.

My primary interest at this time is alternative health practices. In early 1991, i developed what's commonly called Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (aka CFS or CFIDS or ME, depending on your country). About 10 years later, fibromyalgia (FM) was added to the list.

Over the past 25 years, I have tried virtually every treatment that anyone else experienced improvement with. Most helped to some extent, but none have given me solid, sustained quality of life. About 5 or 6 years ago, a tick bite (at home, from a nymph tuck which hitched a ride on my dog, I realized too late, resulted in the dreaded Lyme infection. I rarely use the term "disease" as I think it sounds too "forever."

In addition to the antibiotics usually prescribed -- which I am allergic to as well as producing horrific die-off reactions, i.e., herxing) -- I threw everything natural at it that I could. Within a few months, I seemingly had beaten the infection (s) -- most often, there are multiple bacteria beyond TextBorrelielisText and even different strains of each one.

I was so successful that I spent the next year or so cleaning up the head to toe yeast growing on my skin. The itching is indescribable and no one else with Lyme that I asked had the same experience. Skip ahead another half year, and just as I was regaining some energy, I found myself dealing with a widespread mold infestation in my house.

Then my elderly dad died and I moved in with my mother. Quickly I realized that as they lost the ability to keep up house maintenance, and their sense of smell, their house had an even worse mold problem (we live in a hot and humid climate).

Lots and lots of emotional and physical stress for nearly two years, and a few months ago, I had what seemed like a repeat of acute Lyme symptoms, though milder. When I recently saw the one holistic doctor who would even discuss Lyme with patients in my area, and shared this with her, she suggested I try ozone blood therapy. So I had a treatment 10 days ago.

I will write more about it at another time, when I have a full keyboard. The thing that got me re-researching the topic was how I felt on day 8 and day 9...it was beyond feeling better, it was more like euphoria! I had to really think hard as to the last time, if ever, I'd felt so alive...it was after a hyperbaric oxygen session at a naturopath's office about 12 years ago, in another state.

While I wait til I can ask the doctor and the medical tech who did the infusion if any other patients have reported this response, I thought it was a good question to ask here. ..as I said I read posts re: is ozone therapy a hoax or serious remedy for many otherwise uncurable conditions. I was going to relay my experience when I learned I had to register and then follow the terms for new members.

So, there you have it. This isn't offered as the verboten topic post, but as my intro as to why I am here. I don't ascribe to the concept of my illness being who I am, but it does define the life I am able to lead. Perhaps I'll learn of additional methods that are.out of the mainstream to try as well.

My basics: female, early 60s, divorced for more than a decade for second time, no kids, 3 cays, one dog. Primary caregiver fir 85 y/o mother with a host of medical issues, none of which likely to result in death any time soon.

Hopefully, I didn't violate any rules...I know someone will set me straight if I did. Thank you for providing this opportunity to interact with such a diverse group of people. FLAoptimist

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Welcome to the rabbit hole. -Shove-

And be careful driving.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Welcome from me too. I've been meaning to read the ozone thread as my husband used to be involved in such things. It is an amazing subject and was part of the back bone of our business until we lost it -- the business that is, not the proverbial "it" although that went with it. I was "supposed" to die 10 years ago and licked it thus far with alternative approaches to health, and more importantly, or rather more specifically, how and why we get ill in the first place. Never mind, gotta go, just wanted to say welcome.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Welcome abroad, hope to read more from you soon

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FLAoptimist

I'm sorry to hear this. I too have Chronic fatigue and Fybromyalgia along with Arthritis. I struggled with every treatment possible, including numerous ganglion block injections in my neck, but nothing helped.

A few years ago a friend brought me Marijuana to try and help quell the pain. At 52ish, I had not used pot before so I had no idea as to whether it would work or not, and fortunately it did work. Nothing else would.

After 15 years I finally had relief that improved my quality of life by 10 fold. If you haven't yet, you might find it beneficial to try MJ. Good luck.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Welcome! I'm glad your here. I have an interest in alternative healing methods too and look forward to reading more from you.
Thank you for sharing thus far.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Welcome FLA

I can relate to you tale.
Please keep posting.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FLAoptimist

Welcome! Thank your for your candor.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link