It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Naruto Gaming conspiracy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I love fighting games, and I have been playing them since I was a child many, many moons ago.

Without a doubt Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat are the most dominate franchise currently on the ps4/xboxone gen systems, yet I find it sad how little love the best fighting game on the market is getting.

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 review

The review sums up its findings on the game as

refines the gameplay to the absolute best of the series and offers a large roster of playable characters. Unfortunately, it squanders all of that potential with a short and poorly presented campaign fought against buggy AI, a forgettable Adventure Mode and online matches that are plagued with connectivity problems.

then rates the game a 5.5... yet Metacritic seems to give another impression...81 of 100 or 8.1 LINK

The IGN review was the only major media company that looked at Storm 4... yet all the companies are super happy to spam Street Fighter V as the god of fighting games, but it is going to be a hack.

In defences of Naruto Storm 4, the short story covers what is left of the story not covered in the first 4 games and is as equally as long as MK X's story modes. They also plan DLC's that will expand story mode and the adventure is stated to be the continuation of the story and the game ask you not to start the adventure until after the story.

The AI was buggy because, as the review stated,

I was able launch a series of punches with Hinata before calling for an assist from Naruto to deal more damage, and then switching to Hashirama Senju to recharge my energy fast for a follow-up jutsu attack.

That strategy isn’t always needed, though, because the AI opponents have a bad habit of falling into a repetitive cycle of constantly evading and spamming ranged attacks. This happened to me many times and became incredibly annoying, especially when I couldn’t get an attack off without taking a kunai to the face.

Wait what? You spammed a lot of physical attacks, so the computer started to counter that by dodging and using ranged moves... that is not buggy that is smart. This game is about strategies not about spamming buttons.

Last, the connectivity problems, are real but will be addressed in a patch at some point.

Anyway, kinda gets me mad when the Main Stream Media attempts to hide the truth. Even if you do not like anime, Naruto Storm 4 is the best fighting game on PS4 and Xbox one!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I don't play any fighter games outside of casual UFC or Fight Night. Naruto isn't anything I like and I am a huge anime fan. With that said, the gaming industry has a lot of departments and the only ones on your side are the development team and story writers. The rest of the departments are trying to figure out how to take your money. As far as review sites and general gaming media. It's extremely biased against the gamer. The publishers hold all the power of the games information, if they wish to stay relevant and get the news first, they must do as the publisher wishes. It's sad but corporate America is #ing us in every industry.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
If you want to get into some really intense fighting games with the most solid balance I've ever seen try BlazBlue or Guilty Gear Xrd

The fights I've had online with people have been some of the most intense I've ever experienced in a fighter game.

When I go back to Street Fighter/MK after playing either of these games I feel like they've tied cinderblocks to the legs of all my characters.

Naruto UNS games are fun but really it's just a fight to see who uses all their substitution just first, once you're out of substitutions you might as well concede.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

One, Guilty Gear X is good

Two, the substitutions come back over time, and the key is using them at the right time. Also, never use the 4th one on anything that won't kill you.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Remind's me how the videogame review show x-play used to bash every JRPG because they had a bias against them.
BTW I prefer BlazBlue!

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: hubrisinxs

The best thing about this game is watching the defeated opponent flop after they get nailed with a ninja storm...not very comparable to Killer Instinct Ultra Combo finishers or fatalities from MK...but I still get a kick out of watching the characters flop in Naruto, always makes me chuckle

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Why does a game's review matter so much? If you enjoy the game, play and and enjoy the game! Ed Semrad or Adam Sessler or Sushi-X or Major Mike Wiegand or Dan Hsu likely will all have very different game tastes than you. (Jesus I just aged myself with that list... uhm, *Fill in current hip, happening, and now VG review personality name here and add to list*)

*Most* large commercial review publications and websites are tailored very similarly to the way DJs at pop music stations are tailored. They are looking at each game from the angle of "Will the average player enjoy this game?" Often, if you have a niche or quirky smaller studio game that knocks a massive homerun with their commercial reviews (like Psychonauts or Beyond Good and Evil) don't sell for crap. Outstanding games both, but very much a demonstration of how mainstream the review audiences are.

I've felt your frustration... I still remember feeling slighted over the piss-poor scores and purchase numbers of Eternal Champions 2 many years ago. Everyone was crawled right up Midway's butt over how great the (surprisingly bad IMO) MK3/MK Trilogy offerings were, meanwhile EC2 kicked MK's butt in every category except for marketing. You outgrow the give a damn about reviewer's opinions, to be honest.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I remember Hsu and Chan my friend

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: hubrisinxs
Well not to sure about that. But I am sure the naruto games have there own appeal. Me personally more into street fighter, and ya cant wait till next week for street fighter V to come out. The thing about street fighter it was never a user friendly game. Most people think you can hit buttons and things happen, and they do, but against anybody who has even a little bit of play time in it, its just silly. In fact jumping is pretty much death, and if your a beginner player that alone is a bad habit you got break. If you cant play street fighter it looks lame and ridiculous, but if you can, then the fun begins.

But for the most part I mostly play casual as I don't have the time to put in games anymore, and I choose street fighter because it was the game of my childhood and growing up, even still remember putting coins into street fighter 3 in the arcades like mad. The new game coming out is more user friendly then the last game so it should reach a more wider audience.

And I only played the Naruto games a few times, dont even know which ones, but about a year ago. Its an alright game, and I can see the appeal most especially if you like the anime. It has a more arcady feel to it to me, and despite that you can do so much more then other fighting games, it does feel like there is less strategy and just more spamming at the right time to win matches.

Not into the game but even from the little I played I would rate it higher then the bellow average scores those games have gotten. In fact in some ways the game is more akin to power stone then traditional fighting games. In fact if they made a new power stone game for the new generations, I would be all over that, and it does not necessarily have to be power stone, or any other franchise. Just take everything about powerstone and make a new franchise and add a lot of new mechanics and with todays processing power and graphics, now that game will sell like hot cakes, as power stone was just an over all fun game for all people, those who were more hardcore into it, and just for casual play.

top topics

join