It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N Korea takes over joint industrial park deports S Korean workers...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...#

N Korea escalated the tense situation between the two Koreas today by a military takeover of the industrial park operated jointly by both Koreas.....
They also closed the border....
All this posturing is likely a result of a recent missile test by the NK Government.

News snippet:
"PAJU, South Korea (AP) — North Korea on Thursday ordered a military takeover of a factory park that had been the last major symbol of cooperation with South Korea, calling Seoul's earlier suspension of operations at the jointly run facility as punishment for the North's recent rocket launch a "dangerous declaration of war."

North Korea said it was responding to Seoul's shutdown order by immediately deporting the hundreds of South Koreans who work at the complex just across the world's most heavily armed border in the city of Kaesong, pulling out the tens of thousands of North Korean employees and freezing all South Korean assets. The North also said it was shutting down two crucial cross-border communication hotlines."

This constant prick waving by both sides is bound to lead to confrontation someday......
Should fighting actually break out it could be nuclear right off the bat.....
Not to mention the massive artillery resources of little Kimmy could pulverize Seoul from across the D zone....

Or did somebody pee in Kims oatmeal this am....?

edit on 11-2-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

Lil' Kim has some serious problems. I think he lost touch with reality a long time ago. Too many video games, not enough real education.

I found this quote interesting:

The statement also issued crude insults against South Korean President Park Geun-hye, saying she masterminded the shutdown and calling her a "confrontational wicked woman" who lives upon "the groin of her American boss." Such sexist language is also typical of North Korean propaganda.
emphasis mine.
Something tells me there is another way of translating that phrase that uses a word other than "groin."

-dex

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I guess it all depends on whose report one chooses to agree with. Another report I read earlier stated that it was the South that chose to leave, packed up all their manufacturing equipment and left with a bunch of North Koreans with nothing to do but stand around no wonder the North moved in it's military.

Considering what has recently transpired I don't blame the South for picking up their toys and going home.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

N Korea takes over joint industrial park deports S Korean workers...

Nothing new. They did this a few years ago.

Everything that doesn't format to their viewpoint is an act of war.
The problem is, they've gone over the edge numerous times... sinking a S. Korean warship and launching an artillery barrage on civilians, just to note the most recent.

There was an instance decades back when they jumped the 38th and basically skinned S. Korean soldiers on patrol.

It is unfortunate that this nation is the prime example of how millions of people can be... well, basically, indoctrinated to believe most anything.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: redoubt

It is unfortunate that this nation is the prime example of how millions of people can be... well, basically, indoctrinated to believe most anything.

I'd be willing to wager that their private face differs greatly from their public one.
Well, I surely hope that's the case.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: redoubt

I have a feeling that many people in the west are just as indoctrinated as those in NK
We are just told something else

I can't stop hearing the beat of world war drums and it seems to be getting closer and louder
The South Koreans have been so patient with there Northern counterparts for such a long time.
Just one more straw and bang

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This is beginning to remind me of the esprit de corps sponsored by the United States military academy at West Point just prior to the civil war.
That "Missile" will be flying over NY close to NYC on the morning of Kim Jong-il's birthday.

Do you suppose they plan to detonate it or use it to get naked pictures of Ban Ki-moon?
edit on 11-2-2016 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I so want lil kims ass to be kicked..
give him a proper slap.

One day this will escalate into war.. it's obvious.. The South can't
just sit there and wait till kim can launch nukes at them and their neighbours.

For one thing America must be thinking that, that time is fast approaching.

Can't be too long in the future when NK can lob nukes at the USA.

that won't be allowed to be an option ... EVER
edit on Thu, 11 Feb 2016 17:47:30 -0600475America/ChicagoThursday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I tink if their Chinese master doesn't rein them in....its probably up to the S Koreans, US, and Japan....

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Apparently Chinese banks have been freezing North Korean accounts since December.

That puts a different light on the tests and the closure.

Also North Korea may be a lot worse off financially than we thought.
edit on 22-2-2016 by joho99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-2-2016 by joho99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join