It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressional Black Caucus PAC stands behind Clinton

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Washington (CNN)Hillary Clinton earned a key endorsement on Thursday, when the Congressional Black Caucus political action committee backed her over Democratic presidential rival Bernie Sanders.

This is a big endorsement for Clinton, which should greatly help her chances against Bernie Sanders. I have read where Bernie Sanders has had difficulty attracting minority voters I.E. non-white. But is there any credible evidence to that?

CNN article

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teddy916

Washington (CNN)Hillary Clinton earned a key endorsement on Thursday, when the Congressional Black Caucus political action committee backed her over Democratic presidential rival Bernie Sanders.

This is a big endorsement for Clinton, which should greatly help her chances against Bernie Sanders. I have read where Bernie Sanders has had difficulty attracting minority voters I.E. non-white. But is there any credible evidence to that?

CNN article

No surprise... I'm sure Clinton promised all kinds of goodies. The CBC is nothing but a bunch of political buck dancing and bojangling hacks seeking to enrich themselves at the expense of black folks. I'm sure she is throwing them some meal tickets if they can corral the low info black voters to the polls.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
How many black people or people in general for that matter pay attention to the Congressional Black Caucus?

Won't hurt the Bern as much as the Snuke would like it to.

Wonder how much she and her handlers paid for the nod? Couple this with the "donate a dollar" so my campaign donations look smaller on average ploy and she looks like she is scrambling.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

CNN article

No surprise... I'm sure Clinton promised all kinds of goodies. The CBC is nothing but a bunch of political buck dancing and bojangling hacks seeking to enrich themselves at the expense of black folks. I'm sure she is throwing them some meal tickets if they can corral the low info black voters to the polls.

WTF?

First, the Congressional Black Caucus are black people in Congress. As in, black people got up and ran for office, were elected to office, and are a part of the system. How is that a bad thing? The only way ethnic, political, and religious minorities will ever see real changes in this system is by getting involved in the system. People outside of the system are merely asking the people in power to make changes. How is it bad that they actually got themselves elected, as opposed to people who just complain but never actually get involved?

And second, "buck dancing and bojangling hacks"? If I'm correct, you claimed to be "black", right? If true, then surely you know the history of those words. "Bucks/Brutes/Black Bucks" were derogatory terms for black males who refused to bow to white rule during slavery and throughout the Civil Rights Movement (Brute "Black Buck"). "Bucks" were typically seen as big threats to white people & anyone deemed so was treated the worse out of all black people. So what are you trying to say here?

Edit to Add: And here's another basic link about the term. Toms, Coons, Mulattoes, Mammies & Bucks So are you sure that's the angle you want to go with this?

edit on 11-2-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Teddy916
Any organization can endorse a candidate, but what it really comes down to is people will end up voting for the candidate of their choice. It's interesting Hillary has more support considering Bernie marched with MLK back in '63, and has always supported equal rights. I'm sure it has to do with Hillary's connection to Obama and her husband having huge support among African Americans.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Al Sharpton had lunch with Bernie the other day...so there's that.

Odd that the candidate so interested in raising taxes is trying to curry favor with someone who still refuses to pay his own ($4.5M).
edit on 11-2-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: Edumakated

CNN article

WTF?

First, the Congressional Black Caucus are black people in Congress. As in, black people got up and ran for office, were elected to office, and are a part of the system. How is that a bad thing? The only way ethnic, political, and religious minorities will ever see real changes in this system is by getting involved in the system. People outside of the system are merely asking the people in power to make changes. How is it bad that they actually got themselves elected, as opposed to people who just complain but never actually get involved?

And second, "buck dancing and bojangling hacks"? If I'm correct, you claimed to be "black", right? If true, then surely you know the history of those words. "Bucks/Brutes/Black Bucks" were derogatory terms for black males who refused to bow to white rule during slavery and throughout the Civil Rights Movement (Brute "Black Buck"). "Bucks" were typically seen as big threats to white people & anyone deemed so was treated the worse out of all black people. So what are you trying to say here?

Edit to Add: And here's another basic link about the term. Toms, Coons, Mulattoes, Mammies & Bucks So are you sure that's the angle you want to go with this?

I just call it like I see it. You missed the last part of my sentence where I said "seeking to enrich themselves at the expense of black folks." Nearly all of them are nothing but lap dogs for progressive white liberals.

The con is simple. Their job is to corral the black vote for white progressives. In doing so, they are rewarded financially. In the mean time, the common black man sees no improvement in his lot. This con has been going on forever.

Political power has its limits. Economic power is where real change happens. Black people have all the political power in the world - look at any major city. Black school boards, police chiefs, mayors, city councils... CONGRESSMEN. PRESIDENT. Yet, as a group we still lag behind other ethnic groups on just about every measure other than success at being pro-athletes.

At some point, you have to ask why? If we are running so much stuff politically, why is it we don't seem to be making much progress?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Not to worry.

If I'm not mistaken, they did the same thing, (endorsed Hillary) in 2008 and how'd that work out for her?

I'm confident that black voters will make up their own minds despite Hillary's endorsements from establishment politicians.

The same way that women are voting according to their conscience instead of their sex organs, despite that "special place in hell" designated especially for them.

Hillary is going down like a turd in a well.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Certainly explains Elijah Cummings' vigorous support of Hillary during congressional hearings on Benghazi and her emails/server.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Boy are these people ever misguided....???!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
If anything it may show that Hillary is concerned about black votes peeling off for Sanders and Trump.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

BS. Without doing a google search, you probably can't even name 3 of them. So how would you even know what each one of them stands for? You're basically saying that black people who got elected to Congress and formed a caucus to address the needs of black communities are "buck dancing and bojangling hacks".

Edit to Add: As for the OP, it's worth noting that Representative Keith Ellison, one of the members of the CBC, said there was no vote on this endorsement. The leaders of the caucus made the decision without asking all of the members (for example, he personally supports Sanders). Here's his twitter account & if you scroll through the tweets, you'll see his responses.

twitter.com...

Also, here's the official list of the members of the Congressional Black Caucus from its official website. HERE

edit on 11-2-2016 by enlightenedservant because: LOL screwed up the twitter link

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
Boy are these people ever misguided....???!!!

Theesseee peeeoppplleeee????

Oh my gawd

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Looks like Bernie is feeling the Burn.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Odd that the candidate so interested in raising taxes is trying to curry favor with someone who still refuses to pay his own ($4.5M).

Yeah, they were there for hours.

Neither of them know how to pick up a check.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Is Bernie having trouble attracting minorities, or is the media repeating it over and over effecting his ability to attract minorities. Media likes to make news where there is none, and spin something minor into something huge. People get mesmerized, hypnotized and brainwashed.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Yeah, they were there for hours.

Neither of them know how to pick up a check.

I heard they argued about the tip.

Neither were sure about where the money would come from.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein
WOO WOO?
Oh sweet baby Jezuz...........

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

How many black americans in the US care about al sharpton?

Not many.
edit on 11-2-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

top topics

join