It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First time getting my band together. A snippet of the result! (COVER)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I've been spending a year finding the right people to come together and form a group.

We finally got together for the first time the other night and recorded this, amongst a ton of other snippets of just straight jamming.

Hope you guys enjoy this

In The Night - The Weeknd

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Pretty cool. I like the beat boxer.

I'm in the same boat... Everyone i jam with is either 20 years older/more musicallly experienced than me or 3-5 years younger and less experienced than me.

Only solution was to approach pretty much anybody that mention playing or jamming and setting up a jam. It's been fun getting out of my comfort zone and riding the jam wave with new people. But it's time to lock it down and start writing, i have a drummer and a 2nd guitar player....sounds like we are all committed first jam is next week.

Funny, i got a letter from my best friend who is in prison (yeah..cool huh?)...basically asking me to start a band with him when he gets out in 10 months...lol, which is actually pretty exciting because we started playing together but the criminal life style got the best of him... sounds like he's turning it around..

Heres some tracks i played guitar/bass on... My girlfriends brother is a pretty damn good song writer, just not my style... But i took him to my friends studio and we layed these down one night...pretty fun.

soundcloud.com...

Anyway sorry to rant, I love jamming with as money people as possible so the idea of finally getting a band together struck me.. Good luck brother, Rock on!

a reply to: Ptenjakin

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Just putting this out there: I truly enjoyed this better than the Eagles recording. Just my preference! Great job fellas!

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Now that's one way to save on a set of drums.

Good to see the next generation covering the Eagles and not Justin Bieber.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Here's your video,

Well, you have been working on harmony, and it's pretty okay.
Hotel California though, is too good a composition to mess with an out there variation on it.
I would suggest working even more on the harmonies to get, 'a sound' The backing needs work though.
Ultimately, you need a drummer if you are serious at all.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Nice job.. I like the feel of it.

top topics

join