It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum Break releases April 5 for Xbox One and Windows 10 Only !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Quantum Break was starting to look like it had entered the dominion of vaporware but Microsoft have announced the game will release (unless it doesn't) on April 5th for Xbone and windows 10 PC's only , the reason given for Win 10 exclusivity is it's a Direct 12 only game.
Well excuse me for not shelling out on your new slightly suspect operating system Microsoft ! ,

The system specs are also ridiculously high for a game that's basically an Xbone game with my FX 6300 CPU listed as a minimum requirement.

Minimum Requirements
OS Windows 10 (64-bit)
DirectX 12
CPU Intel Core i5-4460, 2.70GHz or AMD FX-6300
GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R7 260x VRam 2 GB
RAM 8 GB , Recommended 16GB
HDD 55 GB available space

DOOM releases May 13th I think my money would be better spent there , not buying your OS to play what will likely be a poorly optimized port of an average video game.

edit on 11-2-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Well excuse me for not shelling out on your new slightly suspect operating system Microsoft ! ,

ditto, and id say its rather more then only slightly suspect.

this isnt a consequence of direct x as they claim, this is a tactic, planed and executed just as intended, trying their best to pigeonhole people into the product they want them on.

when windows 7 stops being useful is when i will switch to linux, windows 8 and 10 can both @$#% off.
edit on 11-2-2016 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Quantum Break was starting to look like it had entered the dominion of vaporware but Microsoft have announced the game will release (unless it doesn't) on April 5th for Xbone and windows 10 PC's only , the reason given for Win 10 exclusivity is it's a Direct 12 only game.

The system specs are also ridiculously high for a game that's basically an Xbone game with my FX 6300 CPU listed as a minimum requirement.

Minimum Requirements
OS Windows 10 (64-bit)
DirectX 12
CPU Intel Core i5-4460, 2.70GHz or AMD FX-6300
GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R7 260x VRam 2 GB
RAM 8 GB , Recommended 16GB
HDD 55 GB available space

DOOM releases May 13th I think my money would be better spent there , not buying your OS to play what will likely be a poorly optimized port of an average video game.

Windows 10 uses resources like crazy! just dual boot and bypass windows by using KMSpico it opens office too.A 2 terabyte hd are pretty cheap so are ram. Chances are when doom comes out your going to need to update your rig anyway

Seagate Desktop HDD ST2000DM001 2TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive
(1,073)
Compare

Extra savings w/ promo code ESCEGFF68, ends 2/15 Seagate Desktop HDD ST2000DM001 2TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive cost =$72

windows 10 cost = $0 KMSpico

G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Intel X99 Platform Extreme Performance Memory Model F4-3000C15D-16GRBB

cost about $84

Intel Core i5-4460 3.2 GHz LGA 1150 BX80646I54460 Desktop Processor
from $179.99

Just go crazy once a year and get the best items you can afford for your rig like most gamers. Instead of getting an i5 get the i7, 16gb of ram should be good for awhile, spend money on a SSD 1 terabyte the graphics cards your on your own thats crazy money. It should last a bit

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Win 10 still runs better than Win 7 and 8.1 combined.

One year of win 10 and not going back.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

This is just a better version of Max Payne...money on this game will just allow you to see better graphics and a new story...nothing beats the stories from MP that I can tell you

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

Pretty much this. Anyone complaining about MS syping using Windows 10 or other performance complaints are ill informed. Windows 10 runs like a boss. Sure, there are still a few kinks to work out, like the memory garbage collection, ect. Even with its flaws its far superior in performance to any OS I have ever used in recent years.

PS - If you are worried about being spied on, turn off your internet, throw your phone into the lake, you are already being spied on.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

Pretty much this. Anyone complaining about MS syping using Windows 10 or other performance complaints are ill informed. Windows 10 runs like a boss. Sure, there are still a few kinks to work out, like the memory garbage collection, ect. Even with its flaws its far superior in performance to any OS I have ever used in recent years.

PS - If you are worried about being spied on, turn off your internet, throw your phone into the lake, you are already being spied on.

right just let them spy on you, just accept it, just bend over and add some lube, be passive, be submissive, allow domination, do you even realize how sheep that sounds?

and you think ALL performance complaints are merely ill informed...... seriously? so because you havent had such issues they therefor must not exist for anyone else on earth right? sheesh...

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

right just let them spy on you, just accept it, just bend over and add some lube, be passive, be submissive, allow domination, do you even realize how sheep that sounds?

and you think ALL performance complaints are merely ill informed...... seriously? so because you havent had such issues they therefor must not exist for anyone else on earth right? sheesh...

Windows is not spying on you. Don't believe me? Download wireshark on another machine and monitor your network traffic, you will need a switch or soho router with port mirroring. Slow performance or other issues are hardware related/bad drivers. Yes, people with those issues have no idea how to fix the problem thus they are ill informed.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo

unfortunately you are the one who is ill informed on this matter, the data collection windows 10 performs is not some conspiracy theory, it is well spelled out in their agreement, and it has been well discussed with their company even in the lime light of the mainstream media, windows has not denied it for a second, rather windows has stood by the defense that it is commonplace in todays software market and should be acceptable, also they point out that it is something that can be toggled. so really your just completely out of place in this thread since this was never about whether or not windows is collecting data. rather this is about their common dirty underhanded tactics such as restricting new products to only function on their newest software when the difference to make it also function on their most common software W7 and W8 is little difference from microsoft's end at all.

new topics

top topics

join