It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy Theory Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The Conspiracy Theory Conspiracy is a very interesting documentary. The production value isn't the best, but the information provided is top notch.

This film demonstrates the establishment media's propaganda campaign against conspiracy theories and the truth.
Part of the documentary mentions the CIA's involvement, and shows how they even coined the term "Conspiracy Theorist".

It sounds fantastical, and somewhat typical of a Conspiracy Theorist to suggest, but I highly recommend that everybody watch this - especially those "skeptics" who scoff at anybody who questions the official story, dismissing them as crackpots and nutbags instantly. Also, dig around a little and you'll start to find lots of pieces to this that suggest that there is in fact a campaign against conspiracy theorists.

Here's a decent article to start things off...

Zerohedge.com | In 1967, the CIA Created the Label "Conspiracy Theorists" ... to Attack Anyone Who Challenges the "Official" Narrative

[...] in April 1967, the CIA wrote a dispatch which coined the term “conspiracy theories” … and recommended methods for discrediting such theories. The dispatch was marked “psych” – short for “psychological operations” or disinformation – and “CS” for the CIA’s “Clandestine Services” unit.

The dispatch was produced in responses to a Freedom of Information Act request by the New York Times in 1976.

[...]

Summarizing the tactics which the CIA dispatch recommended:

- Claim that it would be impossible for so many people would keep quiet about such a big conspiracy

- Have people friendly to the CIA attack the claims, and point back to “official” reports

- Claim that eyewitness testimony is unreliable

- Claim that this is all old news, as “no significant new evidence has emerged”

- Ignore conspiracy claims unless discussion about them is already too active

- Claim that it’s irresponsible to speculate

- Accuse theorists of being wedded to and infatuated with their theories

- Accuse theorists of being politically motivated

- Accuse theorists of having financial interests in promoting conspiracy theories

It's incredible how often we see the above being used in discussions about Conspiracies, even here on ATS we see it in virtually every conspiracy thread. Not sure what that suggests; whether it be genuine shills, internet trolls, or just complacent people who unwittingly regurgitate the psyop directives. In all likelihood it's a combination of them all.
edit on 11-2-2016 by Fut004 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Always question authority. If its good it will stand up and if not will be exposed.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Or you may find yourself suicided for exposing the truth?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Fut004

Ctrl+D.

In this day in age it is incredibly easy to manipulate folk and that is the frightening thing.

I've seen 'credible' sources online that redirect me to the another site, and that site then directs me to the 'source' and so on. They boy who cried conspiracy is the often in sheeps clothing.

If I can't get to the original source within two clicks, My spidey senses starting tingling.

edit on 11-2-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
ATS with the help of members past, have always made a collective effort to flush out as much detail as possible. We then had other members who we're better at connecting the dots digest the information that previous members had found and presented.

Lastly, members of the "debunk" crowd would try and respectfully find discrepancies in the information, working side-by-side with those who were actively trying to prove it true. It was a yin-yang of believers and debunkers, working in tandem, both ready to admit that when something couldn't be fully understood or revealed, there wasn't any reason to put a stamp on it. It was left open ended until new information was presented.

Now, we have jerks who prominently display their ignorance and get combative when they're respectfully called out. Member's are too lazy to make good, thought provoking threads and the frequent reinforcement by other new members that what they produce is worthwhile, will only cause it to continue. If the old members boycott their services long enough, others might get the hint and slowdown the BS content being splattered on the wall as of late.

Then, you will see the true essence of ATS and a special brand of conspiracy warriors the world has ever seen. The problem is, with the internet becoming more regulated, monitored and being used to prosecute "dissenters", many have become afraid to fully express their distaste for law and government. Nobody wants a knock on the door.

edit on 11-2-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
a reply to: intrptr

Or you may find yourself suicided for exposing the truth?

The 'truth' is hiding in plain sight. Ever watched main stream news?

gag…

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

The Conspiracy Theory Conspiracy

That video is a bit long so... haven't seen it yet but, for now, will offer this (until I do see it, anyway)...

We live in a world that has been teetering back and forth (at least) since the Cold War. There are so many secrets being kept from the human population that guessing is about all one can do.

But, that noted... one thing conspiracy theories do, is generate attention and interest. This can be both a headache and a gift to those in marbled halls. From there, it's just a matter of gaining control.

But, then again... that too is a conspiracy theory

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I saw a documentary Dark something or another like Dark legacy I think. It was about JFK and his demise and who all was behind that. Well in that documentary they say the term Conspiracy Theorist was only used like 3 times in the national media prior to JFK's assassination and within months afterwards it spiked to over 3,000 uses. I believe they imply that the CIA urged the media to start using this term to discredit people who did not believe or spoke out against the official story. Pretty sure it is called Dark legacy, pretty good watch and ol daddy Bush's name gets thrown around quite a bit. Should be available on Netflix for anyone interested.
edit on 11-2-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Of course we all know that a large number of conspiracy theories have turned out to actually be true...

The label "conspiracy theory" is commonly used to try to discredit criticism of the powerful in government or business. Of course, the American government has been busted in the last couple of years in numerous conspiracies.

Why government shills & intellectual cowards LOVE the term "conspiracy theory"

edit on Feb000000Thu, 11 Feb 2016 14:10:45 -06002pm29Thu, 11 Feb 2016 14:10:45 -060020161011 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Awe, this is really going to upset some folks. Namely the ones using exactly those tactics developed by the CIA to specifically "debunk" revelations of official secrets.

Didn't France recently criminalize speculation which deviates from State-sanctioned propaganda?

You bet they've researched ways to get away with lying.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I prefer to be called a critical thinker and let the facts and the words & actions of others tell the story...

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
20 minutes in and this film is still hammering home the fact the media dismisses conspiracy theorists....

OK!! I get it! Talk about overkill! Now I hate myself

edit on 1642x6716America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago2 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
You want conspiracy... and psychotic episodes? Get rid of your televisions. I should have told you this like 6 years ago. I know what I saw... who I saw, staring back at me thru my own television set. For just a split second.

I started my latest data dump of my writings... my documentation... during and between 2 psychotic episodes. I already tweeted out 4 "books" of material... twitter.com...

But, seriously... get rid of you televisions. Even if I'm wrong, it's the best thing you can do.

You'll have to scroll down to 2-6-16 at BoroBundy to begin this dump.
edit on 14-2-2016 by borobundy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
i just wanted to chime in ...before viewing video, ok?

i grew up in a generation that used alot of slang terms like; cool, rad, and gnarly these were good to be referred as.
unkooth, raspy, and bunk were ways unpopular to be referred as...in social circles.

debunk is a coined term derivative of one from my generation trying to make unpopular, whatever is being said by whom...forget the message and hate on him with me...

I'd prefer not standing next to the guy in the zoo harassing the monkeys so much so that they begin to throw feces my direction.
on to the video, thanks.

new topics

top topics

join