It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravity wave announcement live now.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I missed the live reveal I think, is there a place where I can review the totality of what was said?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Here's the sound of two Black Holes colliding and the sound of the Gravitational Waves.

In the first two runs of the animation, the sound-wave frequencies exactly match the frequencies of the gravitational waves. The second two runs of the animation play the sounds again at higher frequencies that better fit the human hearing range. The animation ends by playing the original frequencies again twice.

As the black holes spiral closer and closer in together, the frequency of the gravitational waves increases. Scientists call these sounds "chirps," because some events that generate gravitation waves would sound like a bird's chirp.

Sounds harmless...

pretty cool though

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I really wish I could have worked with Einstein, I feel like I could have taught him so much....

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Perfect, thank you for this explanation. Also, thank you, @intrptr for explaining what LIGO is. Hoping to check out the videos shortly.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
I missed the live reveal I think, is there a place where I can review the totality of what was said?

Yes smurfy posted it Here

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
So does this finally prove Haarp is being used by the zetans?
edit on 11-2-2016 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: InMyShell

Just started looking it over. There seems to be very little science involved here. Looks like a money making scheme to me. I'm sure though get some grants and funding after this.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSorrow

Just started looking it over. There seems to be very little science involved here. Looks like a money making scheme to me. I'm sure though get some grants and funding after this.

Very little science? You've got to be kidding me...

They just spent 25 years building the LIGO, which cost $620 million to make, and you're saying that that facility produces "very little science" and it's all for a money scheme?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

originally posted by: Ghost147

Yes smurfy posted it Here

Yes I did, and the video was posted from The University of Florida, for everybody, but is now being blocked by Conde Nast which is a mass media firm, perhaps British claiming copyright.
So if you can't get it any more at my last link, you could try here, for at least as long as it lasts.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation

originally posted by: strongfp
So does this mean there is a center of the universe? Is everything barreling towards this collision spot?

Hmmm...you know there was something I read just the other day about this. I can't remember if it was on ATS or not but something is pulling on the Milky Way. Not sure if it's this or not but it sure does make sense if you have 2 black holes that collide to form one massive one.

" the great attracter "

It is pulling the entire Virgo super cluster and many others towards a single empty point in the void.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

ALRIGHT!!!

The only question now is :

How can we weaponize these suckers??

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Albert was right.

Again.

Still teaching us 100 years later.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Albert was right.

Again.
bollocks, only interpreted to suit gr

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

They have been working for 6 months since the detection in September to attempt to confirm this detection and to establish information on some of the details of the detection.

I understand these things, although I can't imagine what their educated calculations have left out, that's all. Look over head some clear night and imagine that this race knows all there is to know regarding the effect or emanation of gravity waves - or anything, really. JMO

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
An amazing achievement and observation. It will be pondered over and scrutinized but, the potential consequences and meaning of the observation if correct are absolutely ground breaking.

As a physicist myself, i am in awe of what has been accomplished.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation

originally posted by: strongfp
So does this mean there is a center of the universe? Is everything barreling towards this collision spot?

Hmmm...you know there was something I read just the other day about this. I can't remember if it was on ATS or not but something is pulling on the Milky Way. Not sure if it's this or not but it sure does make sense if you have 2 black holes that collide to form one massive one.

" the great attracter "

It is pulling the entire Virgo super cluster and many others towards a single empty point in the void.

Hundreds of hidden nearby galaxies have been studied for the first time, shedding light on a mysterious gravitational anomaly dubbed the Great Attractor, which appears to be drawing the Milky Way and hundreds of thousands of other galaxies towards it with a gravitational force equivalent to a million billion Suns. Despite being just 250 million light years from Earth--very close in astronomical terms--the new galaxies had been hidden from view until now by our own galaxy, the Milky Way. ( C&P from www.dailygalaxy.com... #more )

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I find all this very reassuring. If and when something big close to us goes bang, We wont now anything about it...Awesome way to Die in my opinion.
Space explosions are colossal, waaaaay beyond our basic comprehension of Boomology.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
One step closer to reaching the stars!

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei

Albert was right.

Again.
bollocks, only interpreted to suit gr

It's hilarious how you dismiss out of hand yet more solid evidence of a prediction made by GR because it doesn't suite your narrative.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Question here, though I plan on reading/searching after I post to see if I can get the answer. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction or simply answer it!

In the only article I read so far, they discussed how these waves came from a collision of 2 black holes. They mentioned it takes a strong event like this to create these waves. So, what other events would possibly cause these waves? Are black hole collisions rare? How often will they be able to get a chance to detect more waves? Does it require particularly "massive" holes?

Another question that may be stupid, but I really don't know much about this. When I imagine waves, I guess I assume it is like ripples on a body of water. This appears to be like a single pulse...so, is only 1 wave/ripple released?
edit on 11-2-2016 by BarefootInWinter because: Spelling

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join