It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadpool - The Movie

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
For you all that have actually seen it,what's the minimum age you think is appropriate? With parental guidance and all. My 13 year old wants to see it so much. (Thanks TV commercials) I'm not convinced at all though.

I would say it depends upon your 13 year old. My boy is pushing 13 this year and I was willing to take him to see this unseen because he has read all the comics, as have I (Deadpool scoots through some interesting conversational topics, his pansexuality for starters has led to some deeply amusing parent-child chats...which I welcome but I still prefer to scout these things out first, then drip it down, see how he deals with it), the 15 certificate seems, from the trailer however, about right and when it comes out on DVD I will most likely watch it through first. I'm more concerned about the blood and gore than anything. He has a sophisticated sense of humour and knows the boundaries otherwise, just don't like the desensitising influence of trivialised violence.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: Zaphod58

That's what I was thinking after reading about it. Thanks for the confirmation. Marvel can be pretty irritating for parents, with the adult themes....in comics.

Depends on what you usually let him watch but this is about as foul-mouthed and violent as a comic book movie will likely ever be and a lot is very, very bad.
Maybe a lot of the worst stuff will go over his head but I'd have a watch yourself first if you're worried.

As for comics in general, I'd say most stories and runs and characters are not really for kids.
The themes, language and subject matter is very much geared towards adults - maybe Spiderman and a few others are OK but most Batman, Deadpool, Punisher and plenty of smaller characters deal with some of the darkest and most extreme themes and issues.

It boils down to what you are comfortable with him viewing, how he reacts and is affected by these things and so on.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
That movie was extremely awesome!!
I saw it today and anyone who hasn't has to see it! It made me laugh a lot. Well, the story isn't he same as the comic as far as I know, I'm not a comic reader actually but the movie was amazing

And about the 13 year old kid: I think it's okay. There were people at the age of 13, 14 and 15 in the cinema anyways. But it's up to your decision, that movie isn't for EVERY person...
edit on 13-2-2016 by flawedbliss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Saw it a day ago. And its deadpool alright, its a good movie, plenty of hilarity in a bit more disturbing deadpool way.

The whole premise besides the wise cracking and fourth wall thing is that deadpool even though when he got his powers from the whole weapon x program, ie from wolverine, when it was triggered while in the program brought about by induced trauma, as in the comics generally such things all there mutant powers usually surface after some period of there life were they experience trauma. The whole backstory was of them ie the more shadowy gov types trying to copy paste that mutant genes on to others. Most were failures, but sometimes it worked ie deadpool.

Basically or from what I remember they injected him with wolverine genes or mutant healing factor power, and eventually after a while it worked for him as well, you know after much drama and things blowing up and such, though his is more triggered by his mental state in a way, the more stress his under the faster he heals or something like that.

Also I think when he heals back, it also heals back to the point were his powers first manifested ie the whole Fredy Kruger facelift is permanent, and why his skin and face never heal back when he can practically grow a new arm or leg or any other part even stick his head back on after its been cut off, and also the cancer thats in his brain heals back as well to that point were he first manifested his power, which is why he is so loony most times, or at least in the comics, I think they sort of kind of omitted that from the movie, but not necessarily.

So in a way its kind of funny as in the comics he got his powers by the whole wolverine weapon x comic back story, and in the movie world. This movie came about because of the whole hugh jackman X-men wolverine origins movie, the deadpool part was so bad, and so crappy done, that fans demanded a deadpool movie done right to his charter. But a deadpool movie was likely in the works either way.

Its a good movie, from the intro, to the end credits and the little deadpool cartoons, even the after credits was pretty funny. But its not for little kids though. More of a teenager or older people movie.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This was one of my favorite movies of all time. I've seen it twice, and even given money away for others to go see it randomly that had no money to do so. I've talked it up by word of mouth whenever I could to encourage others to see it, convinced a few. We need more Deadpool movies and definitely been voting for it with my wallet.

Hey it would screw the world, but at least we'd all die laughing,

Deadpool for President!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The only thing I liked about Dead Pool was Morena Baccarin nude.

God shes hawt.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I liked it, but saw it dubbed in french, and so much of the dialogue escaped me.
I'm waiting for it to be available in dvd to see it in english.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

God shes hawt.

That she is.

When they remade V, I kept thinking, no way are they going to recapture the hot alien queen deal that was Diana.
I was SO wrong...she nailed it.

(and Laura V. playing her daughter? Yum. And Laura is such a sweet gal in person (and tiny))

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels
I finally got to see the movie. I was not disappointed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join