It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada is Going Down: Justin Trudeau To Bring In Another 100,000 Syrian Refugees Into Canada

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:
(post by thejeremybenthem removed for a manners violation)
(post by thejeremybenthem removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

As a Canadian, and from what I have observed from around these parts: most Canadians have welcomed this plan and have no qualms about it. In fact, many Canadians are going out of their way to welcome the Syrian refugees in many different ways and doing what they can to assist. Some even have agreed to renting out rooms and apartments were the rent is subsidized/paid for by the government.

I wish governments would allow Canadian citizens to vote on this.

The results of that vote, if it were to happen, would be greatly disappointing to you...

If there was a vote, you would discover that your thoughts concerning the matter leave in you in the minority (of CDN's) and does not reflect the overall consensus us Canadians have. This is why your link in the OP comes from a fringe propaganda source...

"‘See you in school!’ Canadian children welcome Syrian refugees"

Timbits, food and toys: Canadian children greet Syrian refugees with messages of friendship in heartwarming World Vision video

www.thestar.com...

You see? The apple does not fall far from the tree. It starts by how we raise our children to carry on our welcoming nurturing ways. I grew up in Toronto, which is the most multicultural city in the world, and our classrooms reflect that diversity that makes Canada beautiful - which in turn affects ENCULTURATION and this why we don't have much people with bigoted and racist mindsets. We have become the most multicultural nation in the world because of our willingness to accept others as ONE.

Here is a glimpse to give you a better idea of how *most of us are,* and how we, as parents, raise our children to be accepting. The fact that we grew up seeing many different faces; live in neighbourhoods not segregated by colour, religion, or ethnicity, for the most part - is why what you state in the OP is not such a big a deal to us.

In fact, multiculturalism is normal for us, and always been this way...so, please keep you hateful mindset and distorted views - that a-way.

"Canadian Children Welcome their new neighbours!"

Enjoy the video.
edit on 12-2-2016 by Involutionist because: Grammar and punctuation SUCKS!

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: GuacBowlMerchant

It is a bad news. I cannot see your location .I will ask you if your boss hire someone to work for 2$ per hour and you get fired. The second thing , could you be so sure that there are no terrorists infiltrated in this 100 000 people. Look what happened in France.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join