It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does life seem so depressing at times.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yes yes Sorry

thank you I needed that soooo bad

It made the tiger in my roar
meow

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Recently I started reading the Tao de Ching and listening to the audiobook. I would call it practical philosophy and it has brought me out of my depression in recent days. It's like one of the worlds oldest self help books. Worth having a look at. You can just dip into it whenever, you feel the need for a bit of guidance. It's not religious much more philosophical although I'm sure that is up for debate.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

Those who get to know the world

Discover a dead carcass

Of them the world is not worthy

Question

Would you rather stay ignorant ?
edit on 11-2-2016 by VanGcouverite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Two main stages in Life called the Rouge Test

The first is when you recognize that it is you in the Mirror.
The second one is when you don't recognize yourself in the Mirror.

Death of the Ego.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Why does life seem so exhilarating at times?

Waves with peaks and valleys.

Sometimes we ride high on peaks of great times and happiness and other times in the valleys of depression and despair, eventually to rise and fall many more times throughout our lives.

Resembles a heartbeat, it's called "Life"

Which is far better than a flat-line where nothing changes and nothing worth noting ever happens, both good or bad...

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

You know I think it's so weird how as you get older you realize just how many threats you face. And that can be so disheartening and depressing.... Like when you're younger you don't know sh*t really, which is good in some ways because you don't understand all the threats in life. So therefore because you don't know about them, then you're mainly optimistic and it's easy to focus on the good and positive areas of life. ...

Its like with a bear and her cubs.. The baby bears just frolic and play when they are young, unaware of the real hardship, dangers and difficulties of life. The momma bear worries about, and takes care of everything, while the cubs just suckle and then go play. When we get older, we get the bad news. Holy crap!

Also on top of that some weird dark sh#t happening right now. I don't know.. maybe it was always happening.. but these are different times it seems.

Anyway, one thing about feelings is that you don't feel that way for too long. You prob will feel better tomorrow.

Hey whats the worst thing that can happen? Once you get used to that, then nothing is a problem.

edit on 11-2-2016 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

maybe being on websites like this, full of drama, fear etc is not a good place to be for depression.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

life is just a ride that goes up and down..

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
You're right. Life is pointless, but that's where lies its beauty.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: reddragon2015

That's well said and interesting, you should create a thread in the philosophy forum and talk more about why the beauty lies in the fact that life is pointless.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: reddragon2015

If this were in fact true, why would the social engineers behind the curtain disseminate such things through the media and academia?

I think the sad truth is that most of us believe tings without even realizing why.

The reality is that we have all been programmed by these false "teachings" for decades whether we realize it or not...

The good news is that modern culture, based on the premise there is no inherent purpose or positive design in human life, has been exposed as a long-term Illuminati psy-op designed to demoralize us. It will fail.

The Satanic Origin of Modern Cult-ure

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

maybe being on websites like this, full of drama, fear etc is not a good place to be for depression.

I disagree. It got me over mine.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

a reply to: Murgatroid

Really? God-bothering on a thread where someone is talking about depression?

With all due respect, I'm thinking that you haven't read all of his posts. If any one has a reason to be depressed, it is him, and he's worked his way through it. The fact that he can reach out and try to help another is a feather in his cap, whether you agree with his method or not.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: reddragon2015

Life is pointless, but that's where lies its beauty.

this is true if you live a pointless life yourself - if you helping others lives better then is it pointless? Helping old people do their shopping, helping disabled kids enjoy things they cant by them selves? Life is full of beauty and its down to us or you how much beauty you can add to others lifes.

i assume a depressed person would think life is pointless - otherwise its a stupid statement to make.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
You know I think it's so weird how as you get older you realize just how many threats you face. And that can be so disheartening and depressing....

Like when you're younger you don't know sh*t really, which is good in some ways because you don't understand all the threats in life. So therefore because you don't know about them, then you're mainly optimistic and it's easy to focus on the good and positive areas of life.

How old would You be if You didn't know how old You were? Go back to "being young" I'd also wager that some of Your worry is about things You cannot do anything about?

Change Your thought or You'll get what You've always got...

namaste

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Life is life.
Keep calm and live a life like they are not tomorrow.
Less stress more sex

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join