It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg May See Opening in New Hampshire Primary Results

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I have seen several reports about the possibilities that Michael Bloomberg is considering entering the presidential race as an independent candidate and was just wondering what the sentiment of ATS members are about this person throwing his hat into the race.

www.wsj.com...

Bloomberg May See Opening in New Hampshire Primary Results
Victories by Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump could boost former NYC mayor’s candidacy

I can't post a significant portion of the article as I do not have a paid subscription to the Wall Street Journal site but there are other reports from various sites that members could source.

Here is another site.

www.cnn.com...

(CNN)Michael Bloomberg says he is considering running for president of the United States, a move that would dramatically shake up an already chaotic 2016 race.

Bloomberg: I'm considering 2016 bid.

In an interview with Financial Times, the media mogul and former New York City mayor said he was "looking at all the options" when asked about a possible bid.

Personally, I do not have much regard for a candidate that thinks he has the right to mandate a limited volume of a soft drink citizens of New York should be allowed to consume but that is just my opinion.

Wat says ATS?

Also, I would really like for ATS to run a poll of members to see how he would fare among ATS members. How about it SkepticOverlord?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Bloomberg would only be doing his friend Hillary a favor and peel away GOP votes. I recall not too long ago an article about comments made by a major advertising mogul at Davos alluding to how the elite had a plan for dealing with Trump. Between the strangeness with Hillary's delegates and this talk of Bloomberg I wouldn't be surprised if these are hints at that.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta
Bloomberg would only be doing his friend Hillary a favor and peel away GOP votes. I recall not too long ago an article about comments made by a major advertising mogul at Davos alluding to how the elite had a plan for dealing with Trump. Between the strangeness with Hillary's delegates and this talk of Bloomberg I wouldn't be surprised if these are hints at that.

Why in the heck would GOP voters go for this guy? He is a mega-liberal and completely distasteful to people on both sides of the aisle. If anything he would give voters an alternative to Hilary.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
This guy has lots of children but is disgusted by lower class pregnant women working for him. If the out of touch ruling class needed a poster boy it would be him.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

That seems unlikely. I just can't see more than a very few Republicans supporting a liberal nanny state advocate like Bloomberg. His gun control stance alone is major political loser in at least 30 states. Throw in everything else that he wants to restrict or ban, and no, I don't think it plays well at all to the GOP base. Its more likely that he hurts the Democrat, as his views on social policy are much more compatible with their base and, as such, he gives liberal voters another option if they're dissatisfied with their nominee.

That being said, I don't know that liberals are particularly inclined to support him, either. Simply put, I don't think anyone really likes this guy.

edit on 11-2-2016 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I hope he runs just because throwing another egomaniac into the mix would be even more entertaining, and what else are politicians good for these days?

He keeps floating trial balloons. Hasn't he heard that helium is a scarce resource? How many trial balloons is he going to watch fly before he makes a decision?

He clearly wants to be 'dragged in from the fields' like the Roman general Cincinatus. For those that don't know the origin of 'dragged in from the fields' it's literally that; Cincinatus just wanted to retire from the military and be a farmer but the people were desperate for quality leadership so they literally went and got him while he was tending his grapes or whatever.

Who knows, even the original story is probably propaganda, but Bloomberg looks hilariously pathetic and out of touch to seriously think people love him anywhere at all close to that much. Every time one of these 'trial balloon' stories goes out, people are supposed to run to him begging him to save us from all these other bad candidates or whatever. If he were in touch with reality, he'd just declare his candidacy and get on with it.
edit on 11-2-2016 by 11andrew34 because: punctuation

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Bloomberg...

Good for him!

I think this will motivate Sen Sanders supporters and nab a few votes from HRC, all good!

Trump and Bloomberg (the billionaires) slug it out, in a bid for the presidency!

top topics

join