It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans think that latin American women with Zika should be denied abortions

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: tsctsc

I also heard in the news that some of the body of waters that will be used for the Olympics are polluted to the point of no following the standards for safety for competition.

I have a very good friend that is a professor in the local University here in my neck of the woods that is Brazilian she have her entire family living in a small town in the south of Brazil. She visit her family every year, I trust her a lot when she tells me how life is back home.

Well, yes, the Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas (lake Rodrigo de Freitas) is polluted beyond reasonable doubt. You can see it, you can smell it, and I would strongly recommend you not to swim in it (I would laugh if it weren't so tragic).
But that's is provable, visually and scientifically provable, different than the Zika case, yes?

Just to be fair, I may defend Brazil from some idiotic news spread about the country, and I will not be a patriotic blind person to defend what has no defence.
We definitely are less than exemplary. We are extremely corrupted, our government is appaling, poverty is unthinkable, and the fight against drugs and violence has been lost since forever.

So, for what is worth Zika is controversial, pollution is evident.

Anyways, let me tell you one thing: I will never ever understand how in heck the IOC decided that Rio is adequate for summer olympic games. That smells corruption to the last level. Fifalike stuff. I fail to see how we are appropriate to host any international event, let alone the Olympic games.

Phil Collins would summarise the whole story in a sentence such as: "this is the world we live in"

<< 5  6  7   >>

join