It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans think that latin American women with Zika should be denied abortions

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

I am very interested in researching on the background of the Zika and the role that it played since the 40s in Uganda and how in the heck it took this long to travel to Brazil.

Now we have news on the pushing by the GM manufactures for the genetically engineer mosquitoes to stop the spread of diseases, I think this could be a big agenda at the expenses of babies to do that.

When it comes to money and profits humanity is nothing but a stepping stone in the way.

The impact of what engineer mosquitoes could have in the ecosystem is not even taken into consideration.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Kitana

and, I am pretty sure that you have some limits on things that could be cut also. ...
funding for isreal? crus....or I mean wars against the evil terrorists?

I don't think we should give a dime to Israel, I don't think we should have ever gone into Iraq under the Bush admin., (don't know too much about the first, I think the first was warranted but definitely not the second) I don't think we should have supported any aspect of the so-called arab spring, I don't think we have any business within 2000 miles of Syria now or in the past, and the list goes on.

I don't support the typical things most other Christians do, I am more for closed borders in all honesty. I don't like globalism, I think it has done more harm for us than good. I think there is a balance there with trade, but we didn't strike it at all.

You wont find me as a typical anything. As to addressing the rest, it is probably off topic so I wont get into detailed reply on it.

Good talking to you anyway.

edit on 13-2-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
hey, they found another thing that the virus might be linked to ....

Guillain-Barre syndrome, which can cause paralysis...

www.usnews.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328
a reply to: ReadLeader

I really want some recognition from a post I replied to earlier HERE. "Hit the nail on the Head", "Called It". And I threw in some other topics I have a feeling will be brought to light.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 12:23 PM

What I want to know is what the main stream media is going to push on this? After the Super Bowl, of course...since it's way more interesting than this issue(sarcasm).

Will this bring about a surge in abortions?
Who is going to pay to raise these babies?...if abortions are not an option? This is only perpetrating poverty into further poverty.(i'm sure everyone knows this argument well).

Is it torture on the family and the suffering child?..Mercy?

Will this promote a surge in stem cell research, which has helped mankind?...and could possibly be used for studies in preventive occurrence?

Why has this Zika virus surged Now? Why not years ago?...is this a man-made doing?

I think theses to be fair questions.

Regards,

SK

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
hey, they found another thing that the virus might be linked to ....

Guillain-Barre syndrome, which can cause paralysis...

www.usnews.com...

"no scientific evidence to date confirms a link between Zika virus and microcephaly or GBS,"

Notice the what they have said. They may have said this to protect themselves from lawsuits.

Look at the locations of the confirmed birth defects and disease.
edit on 13-2-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin
a reply to: ReadLeader

I really want some recognition from a post I replied to earlier HERE. "Hit the nail on the Head", "Called It". And I threw in some other topics I have a feeling will be brought to light.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 12:23 PM

What I want to know is what the main stream media is going to push on this? After the Super Bowl, of course...since it's way more interesting than this issue(sarcasm).

Will this bring about a surge in abortions?
Who is going to pay to raise these babies?...if abortions are not an option? This is only perpetrating poverty into further poverty.(i'm sure everyone knows this argument well).

Is it torture on the family and the suffering child?..Mercy?

Will this promote a surge in stem cell research, which has helped mankind?...and could possibly be used for studies in preventive occurrence?

Why has this Zika virus surged Now? Why not years ago?...is this a man-made doing?

I think theses to be fair questions.

Regards,

SK

Most of Latin America is catholic. Abortion is wrong by catholic standards.

A lot of people see abortion as infanticide.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Well that article also posted this:

While "no scientific evidence to date confirms a link between Zika virus and microcephaly or GBS," the agency pointed out that GBS was also observed during the 2013-14 Zika virus outbreak in French Polynesia.

www.usnews.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

They may have said that to avoid lawsuits.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Yes, your right, they are Catholic. The issue I'm bringing up is perpetuating poverty into further poverty. And I would think that an ill developed human would not be able to live a long life or have a family to continue their lineage.
Who will give their money to help a family or single mother raise such an expensive baby? Babies cost a lot as it is when their healthy to raise, now their infected with development issues.
How can Catholicism not forgive this sort of mercy abortion? It is putting great strain on the family and the baby. I believe it should be the woman choice, yet with accepting arms of her decision to do so.
Then with the baby can go to research and allow doctors to figure of ways to prevent this "out of the blue" surge in this virus.
I think this virus is TPTBs' one of many options to reduce the human population. It would be the beginning of a government controlled civil war in Latin America. It's already a mess there.

What's your take on this view?

Regards,

(p.s. thank you for acknowledging my post)

SK

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

That time has come and gone. That was when we were mostly small communities. Even in the cities, blocks were small communities. Charity was easy because you knew who the poor were. The rich and poor lived together, went to church together, were educated together til the higher classes.

Now, since the 1970's the rich and poor have sold out to criminals that have no love for humanity.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Not everywhere. There are still areas. I live in Appalachia, in a town with less than a thousand people (I actually live outside the town itself, but that is probably beside the point) and it's good here. We have rich and poor both, its a good mix of people and we try to help one another.

Our churches here are smaller - the one I attend only has about 25 people and we run on a circuit, so the church here is only once a month, and the pastor travels to the other church buildings. This is a tradition that people have kept from the time when people didn't have cars and couldn't go far to their church. So there are 3 other little churches my pastor goes to each in its own week so if you follow the pastor sometimes you also run into other people in the other churches who may not follow the pastor. (although most do simply follow the pastor around, since most have cars now)

But we are a very close knit community as a whole. We have a radio program where we discuss anything from politics to people's need to - well, its just anything goes on the radio.

But its cool, and it shows what people can be like even today. We didn't loose the ability to be like this, we are still people here in America, good people too. What we lost was the reason to be like this.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

The towns in the NW are spread out more. You can drive 100's of miles without finding a town. The railroads were the industry that kept the small towns connected and prosperous here. Farmers don't provide many jobs but the storage and processing does.

Then in the 70's the rr pulled out and the towns began dying. Less than a 100 years after taking land from settlers and natives, they just closed shop. And all that land just sits there. We sold out to criminals.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

There are small towns around me that also probably operate in the same way. Kind of like little pockets of mid-50's american. One of my co-workers was raised in one of these small pockets. Was kind of shocked that she grew up using an outhouse. another co-worker has found memories of community gatherings when they made, I believe molassess, or maybe it was maple syrup, or maybe even something else. they'd build a fire outside, have a large pot, and well, the kids would all take turns stirring it for about the whole day. I'm from upstate ny, and some of thier stories were really odd to me. for holloween, they would go out and buy a bunch of spoons, still for till this day, and on holloween night, they'd go out and plant a mess of spoons in people yards.... I couldn't help it, I had to ask, what did they do for christmas, go around planting baby christmas trees in people yards.... my co-worker got rather annoyed at me with that one. oh ya, and one of these co-workers told me about some poor mexican kid that wandered into their community and got the crap beat out of him because well, his kind just didn't belong there. so, although they might be neighborly and friendly to each other, I couldn't count on it when it comes to outsiders....especially outsiders of a different race.

I remember as a kid, there was a charity group that would have tv ads, showing the poor Appalachian kids wanting donations. For some reason, I don't think that the community charity was enough. And, I don't know just what you consider as Appalachia but one of our state, or maybe federal representatives once stated the percentage of the revenue in our area that is received through gov't assistance, I can't remember the number exactly but I do know it was well above 50%. 20% of the population of west virginia is on food stamps. So, well, I don't think it is working now...
Actually, I would love to move over to the other side of that mountain and try west virginia out for awhile, if only they would stop blowing the danged mountains up!!! lol...one of the first newspapers I bought when I got here had a story in it where some kid had a boulder crush him to death while he slept in his bed.... the result of mining operations. I am kind of wary of getting too close to the mountains.... couldn't climb then if I wanted to anyways...

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

My husband always says its their land they can do what they want with it, but I kind of wish they would stop blowing up the mountains too, even though he is right.

There is a lot of government assistance also here, but it is something I hope we can get away from and conquer through ingenuity and a return to belief in ourselves as a people. We kind of forgot that and I want us to remember. I think we are beginning to get away from that more and more.

It is a different life. I did not grow up with running water or electricity for a good portion of my young life although by my teenage years we did have those conveniences.

I don't know if we are a closed community or not. I think we are very friendly as a people, but also, we don't get lots of outsiders. I know we protect one another, so outsiders are seen perhaps as more of a threat, but we have some Indians here, from India, and other people from outside the community who are accepted just fine. But people are maybe accepted a bit more warily, until there intentions are clear.

There are all kinds of people here, and I don't think they have difficulty, so we are not generally biased. I know many homosexuals here and people who would normally be seen as outsiders from a more Christian standpoint, but they are not harassed and are accepted for who they are and treated just like family, although in some cases they are.

There are some black people here, although not many, and they are very nice and treated just like everyone else is in the community, so I don't see racism.

But as a whole, it is a much different life here than it would be in other states or even other areas of my state as larger towns act differently. As for you saying community charity wasn't enough, its not when everyone is so poor and all in the same condition. But I think that even back then, people were all happy being poor as they didn't know any better. It was mainly outsiders telling us our life was no good, and for a long time I think we believed it. There is nothing wrong with getting water from the spring, or living with no electricity. Life still goes on, but government wanted us to have dependency on them, and said we did not have a good life here. Many believed it.

There is more money here than there used to be though. Without the government assistance.

As for your comment:

"I am kind of wary of getting too close to the mountains"

I live on the side of a mountain, not far from the top. Here mainly, you live on the side of a mountain or you don't much live here.

edit on 14-2-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I wasn't even here a week when I read that story, it freaked me out. I'm not in the valley anymore, but I still ain't really that close to any steep inclines, a relatively safe place I figure... the flash floods can be a royal pain though. I probably would have liked it better by the ocean, but well, it was such a low elevation where we were intending to move to, I didn't think that was safe. here, I do think it's relatively safe, and virginia I do believe doesn't allow them to blow up the mountains...

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman
a reply to: tsctsc

Hi.

Why are Brazilian people so friendly? I have met a Brazilian on another board years ago and he was really cool. He had no idea who I was.
When Americans go to Brazil and meet people there they are very friendly to them.It is on Youtube. The American tourists are total strangers to them and act like they are cool with them.

Why, Thanks!

I like to think that most of us Brazilians feel like we are citizens of the world, not of a particular country, therefore we are friends of peoples from everywhere

And why should it be any different? Especially concerning Americans, which, you may not believe, are super cool with us too.
I lived in DC for 5 years, I drove through 27 US states in the 30 years before that, and I never ever found a single American who treated me less than nicely. I always felt home there.

Mutual affection/admiration

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I am bit worry about the problem the zika virus is causing to the unborn, a virus that since the 40s only infested two persons in its place of origin, now is all over Brazil, interesting, then it doesn't really kill the infested but is devastating to the unborn.

And guess who is behind funding the Zika exploitation back in the 40s Rockefeller Foundation.

We can thank Brazil for the killer bees spread now the Zika is also been spreading from Brazil.

I wonder, as for the republican what can I say, they are politicians full of crap.

Don't believe everything you hear. I'm Brazilian and I can assure you that there is probably more there than meet the eye.

We didn't spread killer bees and we are not spreading Zika either. We are not just dropping dead here, nor Zika is damaging the unborn's brains. This is NOT a pandemia, and they are not saying the true about those cases.

Were Americans dropping dead due to the Ebola? I heard you had a nurse confined in her house because she could be infected by ebola. What happened to her? Or to you? Or to your neiboughrs? Did thousands of Americans died of Ebola? Maybe antrax? Perhaps due to N1H1?

If you prefer to trust whatever you hear through the media and/or the authorities, go for it, but I can tell you that I live here and I'm not a bit scared. This is just another program to terrify simple people, and cover some sh!t caused either by a pharmaceutical or chemical industry, or maybe the government.

It may as well be just a plan to spoil th olympics.

Anyhow... it's your right to believe we are dying because a bee bit us, or a bug. I can't help but laugh of such naivetee. No offense.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Mandatory late term abortions for congress, up to the 400th trimester?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I also heard in the news that some of the body of waters that will be used for the Olympics are polluted to the point of no following the standards for safety for competition.

I have a very good friend that is a professor in the local University here in my neck of the woods that is Brazilian she have her entire family living in a small town in the south of Brazil. She visit her family every year, I trust her a lot when she tells me how life is back home.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Good to know!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join