It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new and simple way to tax

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I would prefer no taxes at all, but as I posted in my OP this would be a federal income tax plan. Sates could do as they want with taxes (as they do), but in my mind this would be all that the feds would be able to tax.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
a reply to: ExNihiloRed

In your wallet. I cannot claim I believe my suggestion is the best for the country over all.

To answer your question, on its face, without me crunching the numbers, looks like a meager help to my wallet.

EDIT: I should make the huge caveat that I mean my wallet in isolation. The impact of the entire economy and country of your plan will inevitably affect my wallet.
edit on 10-2-2016 by ExNihiloRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

What I am asking is what other taxes besides income tax at the Federal level that are paid by private individuals are there to eliminate?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

So it would be less of a federal tax burden on you? As you see it? I wouldn't want you to go through all the trouble of confirming that if you don't want to.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

I suggested that we leave the military with $300 billion/year (I was still editing).

But as I explained above, less than half of government receipts come from income tax.

Roads? Not sure if you realize but we pay a tax on gasoline. That tax combined with tolls goes to building our roads.

edit on 10-2-2016 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

So it would be less of a federal tax burden on you? As you see it? I wouldn't want you to go through all the trouble of confirming that if you don't want to.

I know a leading question when I see one.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

I suggested that we leave the military with $300 billion/year (I was still editing).

Roads? Not sure if you realize but we pay a tax on gasoline. That tax goes to building our roads.

At least in my state, that tax is not keeping up. Our roads suck. You have this great awesome plan for individuals, taking a great amount of their individual wealth, but take nothing from Corporations, you would make a great Republican Presidential Candidate. Tax American companies that move money offshore. Luxeoumburg's tax records would be a great source to reduce American debt.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Let me give you a really interesting scenario, I do taxes for a living. I have a man who makes a couple of mil a year, his business is based in Kansas, because of Brownstain's tax policy, he pays no taxes to Kansas, he pays a good chunk to Missouri where he lives, and pays a good chunk to the feds. But doesn't pay any medicare or SS on that 2 mil.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Estate taxes and gas taxes, I believe have both State and fed taxes attached. I'm sure there are a few others.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Yeah. It was underhanded of me- I gave you your first star to this post.
I still would be interested in an answer.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Roads? Not sure if you realize but we pay a tax on gasoline. That tax goes to building our roads.

At least in my state, that tax is not keeping up. Our roads suck. You have this great awesome plan for individuals, taking a great amount of their individual wealth, but take nothing from Corporations, you would make a great Republican Presidential Candidate. Tax American companies that move money offshore. Luxeoumburg's tax records would be a great source to reduce American debt.

I fear you might have mistaken who you responded to as me as the OP.
I did include business in my OP- If you truly meant to respond to who you did, I will bow out and let you both have the conversation.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Because then every time you or I withdraw cash, or move money from one account to another, we loose money just for trying to keep our finances in balance.

But losing money for having the audacity to earn more money is hunky-dory fine?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Yeah. It was underhanded of me- I gave you your first star to this post.
I still would be interested in an answer.

In absolute isolation, maybe. I cannot with good conscience answer in isolation, however. It would do your point a disservice.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

How about making income taxes illegal like the founding fathers intended until our ahole Government passed the 16th amendment. Regardless, the 1% don't have income, they have assets. Taxing income only hurts people with jobs.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Actually, they are.

When you go to work, you are participating in an economy made possible and maintained by the government of the country you live in.

The companies we all work for depend on our government to negotiate trade treaties, provide defense, keep our over seas shipments safe from piracy and many, many more things.

If you live off the land in the woods and build/make/hunt for things -- then sure, you are entitled to everything you make/kill as you are not participating in the society at large.

However, when you participate in the society that makes it possible for you to HAVE A JOB -- you owe something to that society...otherwise you're a "moocher" or a "user". What you owe that society (and by proxy government) is some kind of support to keep it going so that you may continue to enjoy being employed.

I know, it's not a very comfortable truth -- but it is the truth. The government you hate giving money to makes it possible for you to even earn money in the first place.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

The government you hate giving money to makes it possible for you to even earn money in the first place.

Having a trade and earning a living is completely possible without the Government. The reality is the Government interjects itself into commerce and steals a percentage of the transaction in order to cause chaos, kill people and subvert freedom around the globe.

We could all live completely fine without the Federal Government and frankly we would all be better off. There is nothing that the Federal Government does that couldn't be done better and more efficiently at the state and local level and that is actually what was intended when the United States was formed.
edit on 2016/2/10 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Those assets make money. Taxable money.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

a reply to: Semicollegiate

First you assume "Business" will regulate itself. We continue to see this is not the case through polluted waterways, computer programs that defeat regulations, and overall a attitude that these rules do not apply to me.

Second you offer no alternative solutions, meaning I can safely assume you have none. I stated in my OP is was 5 minutes to come up with my plan. I invite you to do the same. Like you I am worried about where my country is. I however am attempting to find solutions that don't rely on a possible figurehead.

The free market regulates by competition. When a business is bad, its competitors spread that word around and take away the bad's business.

Pollution is a crime, a violation of property rights. The gov got the polluters off the hook. The polluters would have been sued otherwise.

Everyone has been told that the gov does this and that.

Check it out and you will find that most of the gov is lies to excuse confiscation of power and property.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
imagine a man with 100m, he looses half so now he has 500k. poor guy right? dont you feel bad for him? having to live off 500k for the whole year... his struggle is in our prayers.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Semicollegiate

Inversely here is a link going back to lawsuits to 1610 with citations, refuting your claims.
en.wikipedia.org...

I'm all for getting government out of day to day experiences.
But without over-site businesses have shown time and time again they will not self regulate. And with enough money, the corporations will make any claim against them go away.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join