It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Mexico's population more left wing,centrist or right wing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Is Mexico's population more left wing,centrist or right wing?

I heard most of Mexico's population is "conservative" but their elites are liberal. If this is true shouldn't the GOP target the recent Mexican immigrants as a new voting base? I mean instead of calling for mass deportation and criminalization.

It would be foolish not to.

What do you think?
edit on 10-2-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
At the present time 25 million of them are "North" of center........wink wink.a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Most of them are conservative not loonie tunes liberal like the big cities in the US. I think only the elites are leftists in Mexico.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman
My guess would be that they lean right on some social issues, because of the heavy influence of catholicism.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Right of center now. A hard working, religious for the most part, family centric culture.....

Thats the good news.

The bad news is, leftism is very experienced in turning that type of demographic into a victim mentality, dependent and shattered group of pawns.

Look what the left did to the black populace over the last half century to see where this is going, friend.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Liberal elites work 24/7 because there is a pay out if successful.

Conservative elites don't get anything new from working on conservatism.

So it looks like there are more Liberals because they are in sight more often.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Take a trip to a few of the different states in Mexico, and get to know some people there.

Is the USA's population more left wing, centrist or right wing?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TycoonBarnaby
Take a trip to a few of the different states in Mexico, and get to know some people there.

Is the USA's population more left wing, centrist or right wing?

We are mostly conservative but liberal in the big cities and the northeast.

I just thought is was strange our media always represents Mexicans/Mexican americans as pro-democrat when Mexico is as conservative as we are if not more.

The GOP or the Libertarians should make a major push to attract the new latino population in the United States instead of calling them names and marginalizing them.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Mexicans like their American neighbors are mostly in the center. This is true in most countries. You have a left and a right and the majority sits in the middle. However, it should be pointed out that in most of the word the right is no where near as far right as the US. The Conservatives in most countries (much like Reagan style Republicans) would not far right enough for what the GOP currently is. You really need to go to places like Saudi Arabia to find Conservatives that would fit the current US mold. So no conservatives from Mexico would not find the GOP a welcoming place.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad
US is mostly moderate right/center libertarian overall. The big cities are more center left. People in the US are mostly libertarian but are conned into thinking they are Demo-Publicans.

Saudi Arabia and Iran are super-authoritarian.I think the Libertarians should focus on latino americans and try to offer them libertarian policies that cater to them.

Unlike the racist RINO megacorp dominated GOP the libertarians have not marginalized latinos and other minorities and can offer them better policies compared to the megacorp owned and sponsored DNC.

new topics

top topics

join