It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Siege Happening Live On Phonecall

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I agree. But why isn't the press asserting their rights? Why are they complying with the restrictions placed upon them?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Gavin Seim livestream back up. He has everyone up on the phones.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer

I agree. But why isn't the press asserting their rights? Why are they complying with the restrictions placed upon them?

i would say that is a simple answer They can't
edit on 11-2-2016 by malevolent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Your post was perfect. Thank you so much. I agree with ever word you wrote, Rocker.
Kudos!

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
they are leaving now.

live link

edit on 11-2-2016 by SkipperJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: malevolent

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: malevolent

Yes, we have all of those rights but these people are not asserting those rights in an intelligent manner or addressing their grievances with government in the proper way.

i never said they were right in the manner they chose but at least someone had the nuts to do it. i live in NV and worked at about every part of the state that motto on are Cards might mean something

But you need more than just balls.

1) You need a issue people actually give a # about. Protesting of the prison sentence of some arsonists is not a good one as the support of the public will not be there.

2) You need intelligence. Going off half-cocked with no end game or realistic goals will mean failure.

3) You need Charisma and people skills. No one wants to follow a ranting loon.

Good or bad the bellow are examples of people that had all the above:
Martin Luther King, Gandi, George Washington, Lenin, Napoleon.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: sueloujo

Thanks!!

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer

Most MSM is bought off.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
If you stand up to the government and the majority is behind you, the government has to back off and realise that they may have to change the law.

If you rebel and a large number of people is behind you, the government must listen at least and give others the chance to speak.

If you are a loon and live in coo coo land, you have the same right to protest, but if nobody backs you up, you must then give up and live with the fact that nobody else shares your opinion.

However, they are not terrorists IMO. They had a gripe and tried to protest but failed. Now back to the start of my OP 'ad infinitum'.

(post by malevolent removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

That was the stumbling block from the get go. Those who took over the refuge did not have the backing and support they needed. So many people and groups tried to talk them into rethinking their strategy but they kept refusing.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

That was the stumbling block from the get go. Those who took over the refuge did not have the backing and support they needed. So many people and groups tried to talk them into rethinking their strategy but they kept refusing.

Which makes this entire thing suspicious.

Many of the key players here have past problems with Federal agencies.

Notice what is being targeted ?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Sounds like they're really dragging this out.

They have to be sure of the clear "message".

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

However, they are not terrorists IMO.

It's not your opinion, it's a fact. We're talking about a re-definition of the term terrorist far beyond it's original meaning, aka revisionism. Only the dumbest spin-doctors would try to sway public opinion with such tactics, kinda ruthless IMO.

It's not the Islamic State we're talking about, is it?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Where is ANY of the press asserting their rights?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I don`t know why they are so worried about going to jail I have no doubt that a "not guilty by reason of insanity" defense would be successful. They should have no problem convincing a court appointed psychiatrist that they are paranoid and delusional.
if I was their lawyer that`s the defense I would insist on as a condition of representing them.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Whoa!! They just conferenced in Janet Reno.

Wasn't she behind the whole Waco, Tx situation? Oh boy, here we go again. I thought America had rid itself of that cancerous tumor.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

However, they are not terrorists IMO.

It's not your opinion, it's a fact. We're talking about a re-definition of the term terrorist far beyond it's original meaning, aka revisionism. Only the dumbest spin-doctors would try to sway public opinion with such tactics, kinda ruthless IMO.

It's not the Islamic State we're talking about, is it?

This has bothered me as well. The label of terrorism has been twisted and stretched in this case to mean something it's not.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Freedom of the Press does not mean that reporters et. al. can be anywhere, at anytime, doing anything they want.

It means that, within legal limits, the government does not pass laws restricting expression through the written and distributed word ... which has since been extended to audio and video broadcast/distribution.

Once again, those who clamor for "Constitutional rights" should actually read the Constitution.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Looks like it's back up.
Not sure what has happened so far today

www.youtube.com...
edit on 11-2-2016 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join