It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP 2016 delegate race thread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
That 28-26 poll for Cruz over Trump was actually a National poll (which makes it even more of an issue for Trump). It's the only National poll that was started and finshed after the debate..

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Rubio is now surging in SC... within the margin of error of Trump in the latest poll, 26.9% to 24.1%.... it looks like the bottom has fallen out of Trumps campaign if these numbers are true.

Tomorrow is all that counts, but at this late stage its looking like a close battle for 1st between Trump and Rubio, with Cruz in trouble.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Are there any super delegates for the Gop? Or is that just a crooked Democrat thing?

Here in Nevada, all local guys are saying Sanders and Trump are ahead in the polls, with the Democrat caucus tomorrow. Haven't gotten one call or knock on the door or mailer from anyone. I've heard a couple of Cruz spots on the radio.

The only signs and TV commercials I've seen are from Sanders...okay I did see a couple of Trump and Cruz stuff on the way to work and I have heard some pro trump stuff on the radio...but that's it. Only those three. Sanders...should win tomorrow, He's got a good ground game here. I would say based on what I've seen and heard that Cruz and Trump have the best ground games here in Nevada behind Sanders. Haven't seen, or heard a peep from anyone else.

edit on 19-2-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Are there any super delegates for the Gop? Or is that just a crooked Democrat thing?

Here in Nevada, all local guys are saying Sanders and Trump are ahead in the polls, with the Democrat caucus tomorrow. Haven't gotten one call or knock on the door or mailer from anyone. I've heard a couple of Cruz spots on the radio.

The only signs and TV commercials I've seen are from Sanders...okay I did see a couple of Trump and Cruz stuff on the way to work and I have heard some pro trump stuff on the radio...but that's it. Only those three. Sanders...should win tomorrow, He's got a good ground game here. I would say based on what I've seen and heard that Cruz and Trump have the best ground games here in Nevada behind Sanders. Haven't seen, or heard a peep from anyone else.

I believe there are Super Delegates but fewer of them in the GOP (and not called the same thing).

I think Trump will disappear quickly if he doesn't win in SC and Nevada (and win big)
The GOP are banking on him running out of support before the winner takes all states. If they smell blood now they are going to tear him to pieces. As for the Dems I am not so interested. The Super Delegates basically mean that race is already run.
edit on 19/2/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/2/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
here in SC beach area, Trump is the pick for our whole circle of friends

this is not a delegate vote it is only a two different date voting exercise to select the most Presidential Preference Poll (or PPP)for both the Republicans on 20 Feb and for Demo's on 27 Feb.... a person cannot vote on each Party voter day for a favorite candidate (its a 1 & done thing)

the spouse & I will go to the voter place in +60 degree weather, on an electric golf-car LSV, to our nearby YMCA where the pollsters operate...

if I see big crowds on Saturday at the Republican voter day I will report to ATS
in the precinct I live there are only 1,600 Registered Voters, so any sizable group of, say 400 people-in-line should indicate an overwhelming turnout for a Republican Conservative or Maverick
(Cruz is too neo-con and CFR to be palatable for the jane & john doe's of SC=== imho)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The latest delegate count.

I think Turmp still has some more to come. he seems to have won all 50 delegates in SC so his numbers shoudl read 67...

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The other 6 delegates have now been confirmed for Trump.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Nevada tomorrow.

Trump leads the polls, but the polls mean very little in Nevada. Last year they had Gingrich ahead and Romney won by 38 points! It's all about voter turn out. The people there seem to turn out in such low numbers that if a candidate can motivate them to get out and vote, they are likely to win.

Lets see. Also its a caucus so very hard to predict on that score too.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
What happens to delegates when their candidate drops out. Bush's 4 and I thought Carson was already out, then he's in? Is he in our out? That's 3 more, do they get to pick who they want to support?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
What happens to delegates when their candidate drops out. Bush's 4 and I thought Carson was already out, then he's in? Is he in our out? That's 3 more, do they get to pick who they want to support?

Carson is still in last I heard.
What happens to the delegates for those that drop out depends on the state I believe. For SC , I think the delegates become unbound and can vote for anyone at the convention. Some other states remain bound to the candidate that was chosen at the state primary/caucus. Someone correct me on that if I am wrong.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Trump looks like he is polling in the 40's in some states now... tonight in Nevada will be interesting. Another caucus, maybe Cruz can win?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Trump now leads by 63 delegates after his win in Nevada.

edit on 24/2/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
More delegates confirmed now from Nevada

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join