It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleopatra's Needles - London (UK) & NY (US)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I was just reading about identical egyptian artefacts which were given to London (the heart of the UK), and NY (the heart of the US) by the country of Egypt. They are made of the rose red granite of Syene, and were originally erected in front of the great temple of Heliopolis, where Moses was born.

As seen on This site

The London obelisk was a gift from the Viceroy of Egypt to the British people in 1819 in recognition of Nelson's victory over the French fleet at the Battle of the Nile in 1798 but it took until 1879 before the monument was erected at its present location on the Victoria Embankment right by the Thames River.

The New York City obelisk was presented as a gift to America in 1881 by the Rhedive of Egypt in the hope of stimulating economic investment in his country, and it took four months to move the obelisk from the Hudson River dock to its present location inside Central Park.

I remember hearing about how the Egyptian pyramids were actually built that way to act as energy conductors and am wondering if any has any conspiracy theories on these two conducting rods. Cleopatra's needle funnily looks very similar to that monument in Washington D.C, which is decision making heart of America. I also know there have been some theories linking freemasonry with Egyptianism (the pyramids, alseeing eye of horus, geometrical shapes, etc). Anyone have any thoughts? I'll be going over to London in about 10 days and will take some closeup photos of the monument and post them.

More pics can be viewed at this site

[edit on 9-1-2005 by sugeshotcha]

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The obelisk in Central Park is about 2 miles from my apartment, I've been there often. It's really cool and they have the translation of the hieroglyphics where it is displayed. Basically just how absolutely fantastic some pharoah is, as I remember the Egyptians were quite wordy repeating how wonderful he was in so many different ways according to the translation. I'll try to get some closeups of it next time I'm in the park.

new topics

join