It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White People Weren't The Only People Occupying The Wildlife Refuge In Oregon.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
That being said, most of them are Mormon, and the Mormon religion has a long history of racism.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I believe that there is the perception that many of these Militia groups are somewhat racist. Whether that is the case or not, I don't know.

Having said that, the old saying applies, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." At this point, people are beginning to hate the government more than they hate each other.

-dex

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
I believe that there is the perception that many of these Militia groups are somewhat racist. Whether that is the case or not, I don't know.

Having said that, the old saying applies, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." At this point, people are beginning to hate the government more than they hate each other.

-dex

I honestly don't know either, but there seems to be a lot of angry white males in these militias, and they have only increased with a (half)black man in the whitehouse. My state and local government has more affect on my life than the feds, and since I am an outsider, I just have to deal with the ignorant douche weasels.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

What they had a black guy there ?

Holy # ! I've been so wrong about this whole situation. I thought it was just a bunch of #ing hicks in the woods wining about the teet they never got to suckle..

Call me #ing french....

So wrong.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

can we just call them nutjob patriots? For what its worth,a third bundy was arrested for probation violations.This is one messed up family

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: blkcwbyhat

can we just call them nutjob patriots? For what its worth,a third bundy was arrested for probation violations.This is one messed up family

If you'd prefer. I think it's more accurate than racist nutjobs, anyhow. I personally like (armed) civil disobedients. I also think insurrectionists has a nice ring to it.

They made a stand, and had to suspect that it might not end too well for them. It seems like they could have planned their mischief a lot better, in my opinion. I personally think it was admirably conducted. Not a single shot fired, no one injured or killed. Except for poor Mr. Finicum, of course.

They didn't even really destroy much property, as far as I know. I think they used some tables for shooting practice, or something like that. Tore down a fence, and made a few hundred yards of road too, I think.
edit on 11-2-2016 by TheBadCabbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Do you think they're more racist per capita than the average christian? What about Muslims? Makes me wonder about Hindu and Japanese/Chinese religious groups as well...

It's not part of the teaching is it? Just part of the culture, right? Are there many AA mormons, I wonder?
edit on 15-2-2016 by TheBadCabbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Thank you. No one ever said they were racists, talk bout looking for boogey men.

Not one person even alluded to it. They are just misguided souls that have a beef against the gov.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

No, there were posters using the word racist, I did read it. That was obviously not what the occupiers were about, but some people said it anyway. I did see a few posts sort of mindlessly screaming 'racist nutjobs' as part of their mini rant, though.

I agree that the threads LesMisanthrope referenced weren't threads that tried to make the argument that they were racist. At least, they didn't look that way from the titles. I don't know what all was argued in those, I saw this stuff in different threads.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I agree that the threads LesMisanthrope referenced weren't threads that tried to make the argument that they were racist. At least, they didn't look that way from the titles. I don't know what all was argued in those, I saw this stuff in different threads.

They were newspaper articles actually. I am unaware of any threads or posters stating these people were racist. These articles, like many posters here, asked "What if the protestors were black?", which is a racist question with a racist assumption: that skin color factors into the outcomes. But, since there were black protestors there, it basically proves those articles wrong, and their writers racist.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

All those articles are saying the feds are racist, because they dealt with it differently than they would have if it was a bunch of Muslims are non white people. They're not saying the occupiers were racist.

Well in lite of Randy Weaver and Waco Texas.....well just shine that light on these complaints.
edit on 15-2-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: Slanter
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

All those articles are saying the feds are racist, because they dealt with it differently than they would have if it was a bunch of Muslims are non white people. They're not saying the occupiers were racist.

Well in lite of Randy Weaver and Waco Texas.....well just shine that light on these complaints.

Good point. Our control system has just as much potential pain and subjugation for the white man(or woman) who steps out of line as it does for the black, brown, yellow, or red man. Probably any other color man too.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Is this the "black people do it too" defense?
Almost as silly as the chewbaca defense.
No one ever called them racist but glad you were able to bring it to the table.
What's your next act?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: unicornholiday

You guys are gonna make me do it, aren't you? Alright hold on, I'll be back...

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

a reply to: Slanter

a reply to: Swills

a reply to: cenpuppie

a reply to: unicornholiday

Okay, I guess I can give you the thread where I most recently came across it without singling anyone out too badly. Here:
Cliven Bundy Is On His Way To Oregon And He’s Not Going Alone
You can see from the title it's got Cliven in it, so i suppose that's where the topic started to get murky with people sort of making the leap from 'he's racist' to 'well they're all a bunch of racists', in their arguments. It's not like it's a bunch of people, just a couple of posters. I'm arguing back and forth with a few posters in there with race as the issue for a few pages, starting about page 5 or 6. I'm pretty sure I've read it here and there in the overall commentary that I've sampled on the topic since this occupation started. Not a lot, but it's there.

I wasn't trying to be sensational when I made the thread. I did it more to pre-empt this cognitive leap that I saw occurring. If a couple people posted it, there are plenty more who were thinking it, or thinking that that poster might be right at least. I thought it was a good idea to do a thread showing that this was a multicultural effort, not limited in membership to any particular set of genetic traits. That way if the argument ever grew legs, I would already have a thread out there effectively debunking that claim.

I'm sick of the racial division that gets used to play us all off against each other, so I thought I'd try to do my part and help push it away from the conversation we're trying to have about the Oregon thing. This was obviously not a race motivated movement, so I thought I should just put that right out here. A few people were already starting to suggest the opposite. I'm interested in looking at the issue with clarity. I don't want to see it muddied by becoming racially charged.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join