It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White People Weren't The Only People Occupying The Wildlife Refuge In Oregon.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Today, ATS, I submit to you for your consideration this article posted to The Oregonian's website, oregonlive.com:
Former Malheur refuge occupier arrested on Kansas warrant
I've encountered posters in the threads regarding this topic who seem to have the impression that everyone occupying the refuge were a bunch of racist, white supremacist people. I thought this article about a man from Kansas, who happens to not be white(appears to be African American) might help to deconstruct that disinformation. I don't really know what else to say about this. I guess I could add that I personally find disgusting the whole notion that anyone involved in a pro-constitution movement who is white must necessarily be a racist. I am white, I believe in the constitution and constitutional government, and I am not a racist. A snippet:

A Malheur National Wildlife Refuge protester was arrested Monday on a warrant from Kansas.

He's not among the last four holdouts at the refuge.

I would post more, but in keeping with this website's terms and conditions, I shall refrain. It's not a very lengthy article. I'm actually a little surprised that it was printed at all, as it doesn't seem to be in keeping with the overall obfuscating agenda that the media has perpetrated in covering the events surrounding the occupation of the wildlife refuge as they have unfolded. Let's see if they pull it.

I uploaded a photo from the article in case it does get pulled, so that people will still believe me if that happens. Yes, it appears there were actually people at the occupation who weren't white. Imagine that. It seems constitutional government and liberty are not just a "white man's" cause.

The caption under the photo in the article reads: Brandon Dowd was arrested Feb. 8 under a warrant from Kansas. He's seen here in a common area of a bunkhouse at the Malheur Wildlife Reuge, on Jan. 14. Thomas Boyd/Staff (Thomas Boyd)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

There's many a thread about the Bundy clowns but I don't recall anyone calling them racists.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

The propaganda surrounding this issue would have folks believe that a few white redneck ranchers are out of control and the US government is justified in giving them the punishment they deserve.

Of course, that could not be further from the truth. IMO, it is about US citizens exercising their constitutional right to reign-in a government that arrogantly thinks it's too big to fail and in this case is quite frankly acting like a crime cartel against said citizens.

Arguments for and against the ranchers cause have been made on this and other sites so we are all familiar with those.

It's not only African Americans but Native Indians, Hispanics and many other races that have had enough of the US governments deceitful arrogant tactics and actions - and I dare say that this righteous anger goes beyond this issue and as a testament to that just look at who won the primaries for the DNC and GOP for New Hampshire - not the political establishments candidates.

Americans are waking up to their government being the biggest threat to real freedom and democracy and are starting to show it by way of these protests and who they are now voting for.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

It's there in the commentary. It sort of seems to be implied, based on Cliven Bundy's comments made back in 2014. There's one two minute clip of him making some ignorant commentary that got blown way up by the media, and led to his defamation as a racist. That's all I can find. If you watch the three minute clip that seems to be the entire video clip, then you wouldn't really see it that way, because he goes on to talk about the immmigration issue. His commentary on that issue tends to demonstrate that he really isn't a racist, just ignorant as to how his comments would be recieved by the public, or too stubborn to care.

I'm also guessing that there really are plenty of racist people who are involved in militia type organizations, so it's not too difficult of a leap to make really. You've got Ritzheimer hosting anti-muslim rallies; that got him the racist label, didn't it?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Thank you, sir. I must say I've enjoyed your thoughtful commentary over the years, so thank you for that as well.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

It's silly. As if this is an issue that only affects white people.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

All those articles are saying the feds are racist, because they dealt with it differently than they would have if it was a bunch of Muslims are non white people. They're not saying the occupiers were racist.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Umm no. None of that implies the Bundy men are racists.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Oh yeah, I forgot about Clivens black people were better off as slaves comment. Either way, this wasn't about Cliven and I've not seen his sons or the militia come off as racists. They come off as stupid but so far no racism.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
WOOOOOO.....THERE's a black guy!!!
Yeah!!!

One black guy.

How do the Paiutes feel?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to learn that many Paiutes visited the refuge during the occupation, or even that some of them were involved. It would surprise me to see media coverage of it, though.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Observations like this is why racism exists in the first place, who cares if there was a black guy up there, or yellow, green, white, ultra-violet person up there? It doesn't fkin matter and couldn't be further from the point. Quit sensationalizing everything, race included.
edit on 10-2-2016 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Look, rexblues, I'm trying to bring clarity to this story that has unfolded recently. It's debatable whether they were nutjobs or patriots. Calling them racist nutjobs is just ignorant, in my opinion. I've long since grown tired of seeing it stated in the commentary of the various threads as a forgone conclusion, hence this thread. Believe me, I really don't want to make the refuge occupation about race. It is not about race at all in my opinion, except I guess to the posters who have been calling the occupiers racists.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

As far as I can tell, you're the only one calling them a racist because I've read no such story or seen any video of them being prejudice. Looks to me like you want to make a story where none exists.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Think what you want Swills. People have been labeling these folks as racist in their comments. That is why I made this thread.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Where? On ATS? There's been a lot of threads about the Bundy's and I can't recall a post, let alone a number of posts, calling them racists. In fact, calling them racists doesn't even make sense because there is nothing racial about this.

I do believe you are confusing racial inequality with racism because people point the stark differences on how the authorities deal with white people vs black people. If there is racism to this situation it has nothing to do with the Bundy's.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

There have been a few. It's not like every other post or anything, but there have been a few. I really don't want to dig around and find them, but they're there. I could, but I'm also reluctant to single anyone out over it. Furthermore, I thought I should pre-empt the racial charging of this issue that will inevitably occur.

edit on 10-2-2016 by TheBadCabbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

They're there? Sounds to me if these posts exist they are few in numbers and mean nothing, yet you're making mountains out of a mole hill.

edit on 10-2-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

The whole mass media was implying such:

They 'd be Killed if They were Black
Oregon Standoff a Clear Case of White Privilege
If the Oregon Militiamen were black or Muslim, they;d probably be killed by now
What if the Oregon Protesters were Black or Muslim

Must have missed it.

None of those articles describe the occupiers as being racist, they imply that the government is racist.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join