It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Part 2: Seek Ye First the Kingdom of God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Our character Walker on earth just suffered a massive heart attack from overdosing on meth and alcohol leaving his pet rabbit Lincoln to fend for himself. Walkers soul transcends time and space in an instant as a portal over the home world of the gods "Necromnaconia" dropping his soul into the canyon ruins among the statues and crumbling history of the race of gods charged with expanding and creating the universe as they see fit.

Much to the dismay of the Dark Lord and his servant Mollach, the human race has all but completely turned evil. The human souls are the required material needed to create the energy for stars and creation of mass from nothing, the different soul types are the food for the different gods, unfortunatley the lack of good souls has put the Dark Lord in a hard place, The Dark Lord had to create an obelisk that functions as a mortuary for the living gods that are starving for good souls. The Dark Lord was forced to put his brothers and sisters of light on life support and rationed the good souls to the spire of the obelisk barely keeping them alive.

As hours on Necromniconia pass still not a second has passed on earth as Walkers body lays in suspended animation at the moment between life and death... The Dark Lord has plans for Walker as the balance of the universe lays on the teeter of unravelling out of control.

That is a tid bit of what is going on, I would love critical feedback and maybe discussion about comic book art and the industry in general. Love you guys and hope to hear whats on Y'alls minds. Thanks for listening!

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman Hi Brotherman, This is really interesting and I like the detailed artwork. I'm not one for critiquing something I can not do (draw). I think it's great. It reminds me of my older brothers work from when I was young.
I looked through your threads to find part one, is it posted?
I hope to see and read more of this comic.

Thank you for sharing!

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat
Part 1 is posted in a thread entitled "my new horror comic" in the member art forum, well sort of. I left alot of part 1 out so it is the redacted version basically. If you go to that thread I posted lots of new work towards the end of the thread. Thanks for looking at my work, I really want a go at turning this into a career so you just saw a piece of me pouring parts of my little heart and soul all over ATS 😈

Here's a Link 😉
edit on 10-2-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Not really my thing

Kinda seemed a little plain and boring, hard to picque my interest with so few words in those few pages

But apart from that the drawings are very good and the story, though a little common sounds interesting

I know criticism can sound harsh though it was for constructive purposes, hard to see if they are the first few pages, how much story has been established and other things

Overall I thought it was presented well

I guess I would have liked to see what you wrote after the panels included in the panels, individual thing

Well done

Silly me, it said part 2
So looks good
edit on 10-2-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman Thanks, I'm going to check out that thread.
I will definitely look for your work in the comic book shops! Keep up the good work.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman
Thanks for replying. I try to use as little words as possible, I suppose this isn't for everyone its just how I do things I suppose. I try to let the visuals lead the reader rather then let just have to tell people everything. I dont usually ever post complete and finished pages online, at least yet for my own reasons. As far as the story goes what is here is only a very very very small part of what's going on. Thanks again for your criticism I'll think on it for awhile.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Excellent, I hope you like what you see! Thank you for stopping in.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Part 1 is posted in a thread entitled "my new horror comic" in the member art forum, well sort of. I left alot of part 1 out so it is the redacted version basically. If you go to that thread I posted lots of new work towards the end of the thread. Thanks for looking at my work, I really want a go at turning this into a career so you just saw a piece of me pouring parts of my little heart and soul all over ATS 😈

Here's a Link 😉
Is the horror comic connected to the comic in this thread? I'm not a big fan of horror movies but, these comics bring me back to childhood when I would sneak into my brothers room and look at his horror comics.
I'm really enjoying the story lines here. If the two are the same story line, there is a lot of depth in the character and I really want to read more.
The artwork, although horror, in my opinion has a very interesting, unique sense to it that I haven't seen in years. I'm not an official on dark comic book artwork, I just remember what my older brothers artwork was like and he had a similar style and was able to capture the darkness and emotions like I see in your work.
Again, thank you for sharing. I'm feeling sentimental now about my younger years.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Yes the two are one in the same story being told... Without giving to much away, yet. Things going on with this book are very complex. I am absolutely stoked that it evokes a sense of nostalgia for you that is awesome. And thanks again for taking a look, I am glad you like it!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman Now that I am clear it is all one story, I just want you to know that I think you have done an excellent job with creating a comic that has a ton of depth.
I totally understand your only giving away a little and hope you will let us know when it comes to fruition because I would love to collect this particular comic.
Peace Brotherman!

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Appreciate you not being offended
My post was based on me not reading your thread title

In all probability it matches seemesly into your narrative

I am no real comic book fan so not sure the standard, just like to read what the artwork represents
Personal choice I suppose

I wouldn't have commented if I didn't the quality of the content

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Dont worry ATS will know when its all together 😉 it means alot to me that yould like to collect something like this.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman
Its ok, and no problem 😏 I'm just glad you like what Im doing. I am cryptic about putting the whole story out there at once so I can take the hit on that no problem.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I know... I know.... I have not got around to it yet... I will...

Now, that being said...daaaaaayyyyum this looks good.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This is awesome. Keep up the good work! I am actually jealous, I wish I had this type of talent in drawing. I would love to animate my ideas like you do. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ExNihiloRed
Thanks Im glad your liking what I'm up too!

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Its ok man, u digging the black and white? I know its a huge transition from part 1, I remember listening to an account of a guy regarding a near death experience and he claimed he perceived everything in BnW his account was so compelling it inspired that change.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Yep...got that reference!

I love the composition of every frame!

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
I'm really trying hard to make each frame its own respective work of art, it means alot to me that people like this. 😉 wait till you see what's coming next!!!

I just wish I could alot more people to look n reply so I can figure out if I'm heading in the right direction.
edit on 10-2-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I think it's really well done. The dandelions made me remember how back in high school I used to try to convey from different points of view; like the view from a cockroach about to be stepped on or the inside of a garbage can looking up through trash. I think that would make a great vehicle for story telling; for instance your character injures his hand so you do a close up of the bleeding hand and between his fingers you can see the agony on his face - that kind of thing. It also helps to break up the static point of view which is nearly always conveyed as a 3rd person standing idly by. Use the point of view of all the characters and important objects to enrich the tale.

Per viewing each panel as an artwork on it's own I have to say the 1st panel seems to want for more middle grades of shading, all black and white tends to make it flat and static. Shading the low areas would add depth the scene.

Very good work!
Would love to see more.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join