It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA's Ted Nugent Posts Anti-Semitic Photo On Facebook

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Sorry, I wasn't even aware of such an event. You can't blame me for what was or wasn't said.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

In any case the meme is definitely anti-semitic because it falsely correlates the idea that gun control and being jewish go together.

We failed to hear the outcry when photos of a few people showing up at Tea Party events with confederate flags were used to smear the whole party.....even after it was demonstrated that these were plants or did not otherwise reflect the whole.

I don't think the reaction to the Tea Party rallies was based on pictures of confederate flags. I think it was the knickers and tricorn hats that most people found striking.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

This video keeps getting taken off youtube.

Understandably; it is trying to portray a politician reassuring a crazy constituent that he is looking after his interests as being evidence of a sinister plot. YouTube has policies against hate speech.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: skoalman88
The point of my story is that only hypersensitive people are offended when you point out someones religion/race/country of origin.

And it's Teds right and I would never want him to be prevented from expressing his views. But he shouldn't be surprised if people find him repulsive, and express their views about it.

And at that its not clear. Is he trying to say these lib Jews are driving, the driving force, behind lib ideas or what. There are many conservative folks of Jewish extraction.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

how is it anti Semitic, he is pointing that these people are for gun control and their jewish. it would be anti Semitic if he were call names or threaten because their jewish and no other reason. your statement is a reach.

Seriously? You fail to see the problem? Really?

This is yet more proof that Nugent is a despicable POS.

Your hate fogs your logic. If these individuals are pro-gun control and the are actually Jewish...this is nothing but stating facts. Are you also one of those people where if I put up a sign showing the last ten individuals who robbed the local gas station...and they all happened to be black...would you call that racist? Even if it is fact?

If so...I would say you deny truth.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Only if you tried to pitch a narrative that only black people rob local gas stations, which is what this meme is doing with being jewish and being for gun control. The fact that you refuse to see that is astounding.
edit on 11-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hex1an
a reply to: HeyAHuman

Who are the top 10 "gun control advocates" ?

Probably white men. But no one would call that racist...would they? Double standards are not only unfair...but lies.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Only if you tried to pitch a narrative that only black people rob local gas stations, which is what this meme is doing with being jewish and being for gun control. The fact that you refuse to see that is astounding.

The text below the pictures says no such thing. Unless you are implying that the flag wasn't required to point out that these individials are Jewish because "you can tell they are Jewish by just looking at them", I see no foul. Yes...his point is that they are Jewish...I don't deny that. But if it is true that they are non-gun and are Jewish...there is nothing wrong with his stating it.

But knowing you, you probably don't like the term Muslim or Islamic Terrorist just like Obama. Pointing out a religion (Muslim or Jewish) and a position (Terrorist or Non-Gun) are valid and completely logical comparisons. So if you oppose one, you MUST oppose the other.

PS: I know you know me and I know you have seen me loudly support Jewish people in many threads and while this may be embarrassing for some, if it is fact it is fair.
edit on 2/11/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Your hate fogs your logic.

It's the other way around.

If these individuals are pro-gun control and the are actually Jewish...this is nothing but stating facts.

And facts are the best propaganda of all. The meme is designed to make gun control look like a Zionist plot. That is hate speech. It is no different than posting pictures of black men who were convicted of rape with the headline: "Black men are rapists." This implies that all black men are rapists, and no white men are. That is hate speech. Imagine posting pictures of mugshots of people convicted of bombing abortion clinics with the caption: "Anti-abortionists kill doctors." How would you feel about that? After, the truth is the truth.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

I am reposting this because it is an important point that has been buried in the back-and-forth:

The only religion of those specific people mentioned is money. And by the way Being Jewish is not only a religion look it up. What I see is a coincidence drawn into a diagram that points to a much bigger picture, or dare I say CONSPIRACY(Dun dun dun)

Do you know what all those "gun grabbing" Jews have in common besides being Jewish and favoring gun control? They all represent urban areas. Yup, nothing to hunt in cities but human beings, that's why there's not much in the way of "gun culture" there. Guns are not perceived as a useful tool for keeping varmints out of the chicken coop, they are used by criminals to hold up liquor stores.

Stop using the rural/urban conservative/progressive paradigm to justify your Anti-Semitism, please.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

The text below the pictures says no such thing. Unless you are implying that the flag wasn't required to point out that these individials are Jewish because "you can tell they are Jewish by just looking at them", I see no foul. Yes...his point is that they are Jewish...I don't deny that. But if it is true that they are non-gun and are Jewish...there is nothing wrong with his stating it.

But knowing you, you probably don't like the term Muslim or Islamic Terrorist just like Obama. Pointing out a religion (Muslim or Jewish) and a position (Terrorist or Non-Gun) are valid and completely logical comparisons. So if you oppose one, you MUST oppose the other.

No they aren't logical comparisons. It's called a false equivalency.

False equivalence is a logical fallacy which describes a situation where there is a logical and apparent equivalence, but when in fact there is none. This fallacy is categorized as a fallacy of inconsistency.[1]

A common way for this fallacy to be perpetuated is one shared trait between two subjects is assumed to show equivalence, especially in order of magnitude, when equivalence is not necessarily the logical result. False equivalence is a common result when an anecdotal similarity is pointed out as equal, but the claim of equivalence doesn't bear because the similarity is based on oversimplification or ignorance of additional factors. The pattern of the fallacy is often as such: "If A is the set of c and d, and B is the set of d and e, then since they both contain d, A and B are equal". d is not required to exist in both sets; only a passing similarity is required to cause this fallacy to be able to be used.

The following statements are examples of false equivalence:

"They're both soft, cuddly pets. There's no difference between a cat and a dog."
"We all bleed red. We're all no different from each other."

False equivalence is occasionally claimed in politics, where one political party will accuse their opponents of having performed equally wrong actions.[2] Commentators may also accuse journalists of false equivalence in their reporting of political controversies if the stories are perceived to assign equal blame to multiple parties.[3]

Learn your logical fallacies and don't bring Obama into every thread you enter. Being Jewish has ZERO to do with being for gun control. There is no correlation so pointing out ten politicians that happen to be for gun control and also Jewish is just a waste of time.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Your hate fogs your logic.

It's the other way around.

If these individuals are pro-gun control and the are actually Jewish...this is nothing but stating facts.

And facts are the best propaganda of all. The meme is designed to make gun control look like a Zionist plot. That is hate speech. It is no different than posting pictures of black men who were convicted of rape with the headline: "Black men are rapists." This implies that all black men are rapists, and no white men are. That is hate speech. Imagine posting pictures of mugshots of people convicted of bombing abortion clinics with the caption: "Anti-abortionists kill doctors." How would you feel about that? After, the truth is the truth.

That is such a crock! Unless I skew the facts, subvert the facts or twist the facts...they are what they are. If you decide that means YOU decide it means a "Zionist plot" that is up to you. Facts and truth are the ONLY things that matter now-a-days. Saying that we must ignore the facts because someone doesn't like them is called lying.

In short...if the truth makes someone uncomfortable or embarrassed, that doesn't make it evil or something that should be hidden. It may mean re-evaluating what you believe or what you support.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Learn your logical fallacies and don't bring Obama into every thread you enter. Being Jewish has ZERO to do with being for gun control. There is no correlation so pointing out ten politicians that happen to be for gun control and also Jewish is just a waste of time.

I disagree. I believe in logic, fact and truth. If what is shown by Ted is such, there is nothing wrong except for your bias take on what YOU believe he means. And as for telling me what I may and may not say, type or elude to in my posts...who the hell do you think you are to instruct me in what I say??? Until your kind erases free speech...I will say as I please.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

You apparently don't believe in logic if you are supporting blatant logical fallacies.

Until your kind erases free speech...I will say as I please.

Awww... Did I hurt your feeling? So sad...

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

You apparently don't believe in logic if you are supporting blatant logical fallacies.

You didn't hurt my feelings. I just don't like someone that I don't respect attempting to tell me what I can and can't post on ATS. As far as I know, I'm allowed to say what I believe and think without restriction. Unless you know differently about the rules on ATS about stifling speech...maybe you shouldn't go around telling people to stop saying things just because YOU don't like them.

It sounds like you and Obama follow the same rules in that regard.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

And...so which do you claim are false? That these people are Jewish or that they are pro-gun control? Because that is all it shows.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

You didn't hurt my feelings. I just don't like someone that I don't respect attempting to tell me what I can and can't post on ATS. As far as I know, I'm allowed to say what I believe and think without restriction. Unless you know differently about the rules on ATS about stifling speech...maybe you shouldn't go around telling people to stop saying things just because YOU don't like them.

It sounds like you and Obama follow the same rules in that regard.

I must have hit a nerve there since you dropped all pretext of being on topic to angerily rant at me. Fun times.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

And...so which do you claim are false? That these people are Jewish or that they are pro-gun control? Because that is all it shows.

Neither. I've already told you that being jewish doesn't mean you are for gun control and being for gun control doesn't mean you are jewish so pointing out those two attributes on ten different politicians is a false equivalency. Again learn your logical fallacies and how they work oh lover of logic.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Facts and truth are the ONLY things that matter now-a-days. Saying that we must ignore the facts because someone doesn't like them is called lying.

Facts are facts, right?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well...call it what ever you want. Hell...you can call it bears in bikinis if you wish. But as you said, there is no falsity in the picture and therefore, it isn't racist, bias or anti-jewish. Just facts.

Appreciate your agreement

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join