It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA's Ted Nugent Posts Anti-Semitic Photo On Facebook

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: skoalman88
The point of my story is that only hypersensitive people are offended when you point out someones religion/race/country of origin.

I agree with that. But this meme posted by Nugent isn't simply "pointing out" a person's race/religion, as you pointed out your housekeeper's origins. It is grouping people together and sending a message that their religion is somehow associated to their views on gun control, and by that association, it's making a statement that Jews are somehow bad or wrong. If you had said something like, "My housekeeper is really not bright... She's Columbian," that would be closer to what Ted's doing...

And it's Teds right and I would never want him to be prevented from expressing his views. But he shouldn't be surprised if people find him repulsive, and express their views about it.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143
a reply to: amazing

I didn't. I didn't see it. I watched PBS.

She's a pig anyway. Why would I subject myself to such trash.

That's a bit harsh.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
That's stereotypical horsecrap, man.

Agreed. I don't fit that stereotype at all, so it's not personally offensive to me, but I sure felt a sting when I read it. That's exactly what this thread is about. Ted Nugent is stereotyping Jews as gun control nazis and crap. And then he gets stereotyped as a backwoods redneck from the swamps (not that there's anything wrong with that...)
Nugent's character has NOTHING to do with what he drives, where he lives or how many guns he has. We've got to stop putting people in boxes and thinking we have them figured out.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This whole anti political correctness crap is all about bigots wanting to be bigots in public without being called out on it.

That's all there is to it.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
This whole anti political correctness crap is all about bigots wanting to be bigots in public without being called out on it.

That's all there is to it.

Agreed. And we all know through our historical records and verified quotes, that Ted Nugget is Bigot and Buffoon. I don't care how cool Wango Tango is, Ted Nugget is now an irrelevant lunatic.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

he posted pictures names and jobs of jewish politicians that have anti gun belifes, those r facts unless u can refute those. after posting those facts he posted an opinion on those facts, just because they are jewish does not allow them to escape scrutiny.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

I do believe he is using this post to show a much more broad picture u cant see it cause tour blinded by pc.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

You miss my point. Memes aren't reliable sources of information. It is irresponsible to just declare information in memes to be "factual" without further proof and verification regardless of how sure of the information being presented. Often memes present information in a way so as to neglect other key details, exaggerate things, and/or (as in the OP's case) falsely correlate two things that have little to no correlation.

Sorry, I was trying to help you better identify propaganda on the internet. The word fact has a very strict definition and just throwing it out there without reason will confuse people. No, I don't have a problem with the factual content of the meme, I'm just trying to warn you about misusing a word.
edit on 10-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

he posted pictures names and jobs of jewish politicians that have anti gun belifes, those r facts unless u can refute those. after posting those facts he posted an opinion on those facts, just because they are jewish does not allow them to escape scrutiny.

What does their religious affiliation have to do with their views on legislation?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
how about if i made a poster that said, who is really behind child rape?

then i started naming nothing but catholic priests. i would look so ignorant doing so, because i would be singling out only Catholics. the reality about gun control is that people that want less gun violence are behind gun laws. jews, catholics, christians, muslims, smart people. the fact he singles out nothing but jews is ignorant therefore anti-jew or whatever you wanna call it.
edit on 10-2-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

The only religion of those specific people mentioned is money. And by the way Being Jewish is not only a religion look it up. What I see is a coincidence drawn into a diagram that points to a much bigger picture, or dare I say CONSPIRACY(Dun dun dun)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

well your point is separate than from this conversation. I understand your point, but it doesnt refute any point I made in our conversation about the topic at hand. Basically a non relevant comment.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Anyone who associates gun control mandates with Nazi tactics and principles could easily make that statement. I 100% agree with him on the first quote.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

In any case the meme is definitely anti-semitic because it falsely correlates the idea that gun control and being jewish go together.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

id add that the idea that ONLY jews are anti gun control and are the head honchos. thats what this meme seems to be stating.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

or is that what you took from it, remeber not all infact very few share your point of view.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Are you just trying to be contrarian or are you really doubting the false equivalency that I and even vjr1113 expanded on?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Are you just trying to be contrarian or are you really doubting the false equivalency that I and even vjr1113 expanded on?

Doesn't matter.

The gun grabbers in the mug shots are still gun grabbers whether you like Nugent or not, whether you care about their religion or not, or whether you care where the collage of mugshots were shown before or not.

Enemies of the 2nd amendment all of them, destroyers of the peoples rights, blatant hypocrites who run around with their own gun toting personal body guards every second of their treacherous lives.

Bravo Mr. Nugent, the controversy makes sure more people see it and become aware. Brilliant.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

It's sad that someone is celebrating living in a world where someone puts out not only ignorance but also irrational logic and that is spun as a positive for whatever cause its supporting because, "all press is good press."
edit on 10-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

somehow gun laws and regulations equals to, the government wants to take your guns away. gun control is a catch 22. we will always have homicides, mass shootings, gun related terrorism as long as we have the right to guns, a very fundamental right that I personally believe is important. unfortunately we cant trust all gun owners to be responsible and most of us dont want to have to carry a gun around for a chance of surviving a gunfight. all we can do is force people to be responsible and do the best we can to stop crazies, terrorists, and killers from getting their hands on guns so easily. so easily, those are the key words here.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join