It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Petition for Obama to stand trial for war crimes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Hi

I found this petition on the white house website regarding the request Barack Obama to stand trial in the Hague for war crimes etc.
I understand it's all just fun and games but if it gets enough signatures it may get some headlines. We are just banging our heads against brick walls, but if enough of us do it the wall may just begin to crack.

Here is the link

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: InMyShell

Lmao.. You should go after gwb first. He started the unlawful War in iraq.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Good luck with that.
Nearly impossible to convict a president of a war crime.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I have to agree with snypwsd.

The idea of prosecuting Obama for having to deal with the mangled wreck that was US diplomatic standing, and indeed the pull out of troops from the affected regions, is utterly ludicrous. It's like blaming a firefighter for failing to save a home that someone else doused in petrol and set light to. Poppycock I tell you!

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
But..but....but.....BUSH! I will never understand how pointing out the crimes of W excuses the crimes of O.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
gitmo was set up under george w bush, impossible to blame obama for that.
which 'moderates' exactly appropriate blame for crimes against americans exactly?
the bombing of islamic state in syria, if seen as illegal, would impeach every leaders country currently involved.
flagging emails suspected of terrorism is a bad thing?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It's not my petition. But anything to get under the skin of the scum in charge gets my attention.

As for excusing Obama because George duwbya was worse is lame.

Finally I would like to say that I understand Obama is just a puppet and face for the system. Looking at every president for the last 50 years at least we just have to go through their early career and see how they have been carefully picked and shaped to do what they are told. Just look at Hitler....hehe.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I have to agree with snypwsd.

The idea of prosecuting Obama for having to deal with the mangled wreck that was US diplomatic standing, and indeed the pull out of troops from the affected regions, is utterly ludicrous. It's like blaming a firefighter for failing to save a home that someone else doused in petrol and set light to. Poppycock I tell you!

Why would you weigh the lesser of two super venomous poisons?

Come on Brit!

Everyone always says "prosecute so and so for war crimes".. then when a petition is available for the public to do so, something the forefathers would encouragez happens, it's all "yea it will never happen"

It will never happen because PEOPLE NEVER HAPPEN.

Always an excuse while centuries go by, and more corruption controlling our ONLY one life, spawns.

I say prosecute them both gwb and Obama, throw Hilary in there for potential risk!

That would be the True American thing to do.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnthePhilistine

Im not say it excuses him. Im saying you have to go after all presidents who commit war crimes.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

Ok, try them both. But let's have them arrested in the correct order eh? George, who was the first to offend, can go first.

No matter which way you slice it, you deal with the oldest problem first, and the newest last. That's how the law is supposed to work as a mechanism. It's too slow for current affairs, that's for sure.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Thought you werent allowed to post petitions on ATS....

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Not gonna happen. Forget about it. Don't waste your time on fantasies.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnthePhilistine
But..but....but.....BUSH! I will never understand how pointing out the crimes of W excuses the crimes of O.

Because Bush's crimes were FAR worse and he hasn't been punished for them at all. So punishing Obama first is VERY hypocritical and likely tainted by partisan bias.

top topics

join