It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So rich going to have to accept less or have it taken from them?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
a reply to: FamCore
& I will be 50 this year- in other words, I dont have a lot of sympathy for those who never try. There are way too many opportunities (in the U.S.) that are avail today. I think some people (not to get to far off topic) will not settle for what they are qualified for- hence they arent willing to start at the bottom and work their way up these days.. cough, cough- M I L L I N I A N S ,, cough cough....

Bull#!

A Generation of Slackers? Not So Much

Millennials: Turns Out the ‘Entitled Generation’ Is Willing to Sacrifice

I have a lot of respect for you opinion because you seem to have a good head on your shoulders, so I really hope you take this information in and stop spreading the stupid rumor that Millennials are all entitled slackers.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

a reply to: FamCore

Fam, I agree- I came from a family of 7. youngest, almost flunked out of high school - started my own local company bout 16yrs ago and did not take a paycheck for 2yrs; I worked 3 part time jobs whilst building my company- fast forward (OH yea, I gave plasma too)

Today- We are a national service provider-

I have taken classes on line to get all of my technical certs-

I am in my 3rd semester of college and have been on the Pres honor roll since day 1-

& I will be 50 this year- in other words, I dont have a lot of sympathy for those who never try. There are way too many opportunities (in the U.S.) that are avail today. I think some people (not to get to far off topic) will not settle for what they are qualified for- hence they arent willing to start at the bottom and work their way up these days.. cough, cough- M I L L I N I A N S ,, cough cough....

There aren't enough spots at the top for everyone to be rich, that's just reality. A top company CEO with tens of millions salary and a golden parachute, can work badly for just a single year and then live off his investments, cough live off the system cough cough, the rest of his life. That's the reality, clearly this can't happen at societal level, if everyone tried to live of off investments and no one went to work, society would collapse.

But that is the most evident example. How many burger flippers and cashiers does mcdonald NEED? how many ceos does it need? The same goes for the rest of society it is a pyramid, less and less the higher you go, if the number of qualified people able to do a higher paying job increases, wages decrease and even some of those qualified people will have to take lower paying jobs elsewhere. (Worse than what happens now with many overqualified service workers who can't find employment in their field of study.)

Not only that but, there are differents in the level of intelligence, and most don't fit the bill. You can't blame someone whose capacity is less than necessary to attain and keep wealth with high probability. IF you want a safe career path to wealth, you not only need the intellect and memory to ace your classes, but the disposition and patience to put up for years with professor after professor some of whom might put up hell in the classroom.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Krazysh0t
That was damn right hilarious because algebra has nothing to do with balancing a check book.

Algebra has to do with more math than you realize it does, apparently... Algebra is the math of balancing equations, which is something you have to do when you balance a checkbook. It may not be written like a traditional algebra equation, but the elements certainly are there.

I guess you missed that 18 trillion dollar debt. Because the income tax has been bastardized in to paying the peoples bills instead of the STATE paying it's own.

I didn't miss anything. Though I'm curious how we'd pay that debt by reducing government income even. Especially since we are already spending more than we take in.

The very reason it was created in the first place.

The power of taxation was created so the government could fund itself so it could function properly.

The income tax was created back in the day to PAY DOWN DEBT.

The only people bad at 'math' are the people that think we need the income tax.

We don't.

Well you haven't put forward a very compelling argument to get rid of it other than that you don't like it very much.

I have feel free to quote where it says the state has the power to take 50% to 90% of a persons income.

In fact there was never ANY mention of the income tax.

Sixteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

You aren't going to sit there and tell me that the Amendments aren't part of the Constitution are you?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
For those of us WHO HAVE read the US constitution.

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence[note 1] and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

en.wikipedia.org...

The progressive SMACKDOWN.

That last part is a snip isn't it ?

SHALL BE UNIFORM though out the US.

Tough luck Sanders,left wingers, and people that purport themselves as 'liberal'.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

If you get rid of income taxes, taxes have to be raised elsewhere to make up for the shortfall of incoming taxes

NO IT DOESN'T.

Funny how left wingers never met a tax they didn't like.

Hell it currently makes over 1.5 trillion in income tax off people.

That money people can use to live on, and INCREASE their personal wealth.

Remember them corporations that 'don't' pay taxes ? Turns out they DO.

There is another $383,499,530,XXX they could be pumping back in to the local economy, and creating jobs that create WEALTH.

To where the people are buying more, and paying OTHER taxes.

www.usdebtclock.org...

How bout stop being so FASCIST, and let people KEEP what they earn?

I know that's asking too much.

yeah like all the taxes apple saved by keeping its money offshore have helped create countless high paying jobs?

Oh, nope, they've slave wage factories with nets to catch workers jumping from the roof in a attempts to commit suicide... something that is so bad to public image, that now rather than hiring more it seems more and more robots are being brought to do work with zero salary, all profit funneled to the top.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This is awesome too.

Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons

www.archives.gov...

Pay attention there people.

Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States

Meaning congress was given the power to tax the STATES.

Not people.

www.archives.gov...

So much for the Bern.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I will be 50 this year- in other words, I don't have a lot of sympathy for those who never try. There are way too many opportunities (in the U.S.) that are avail today. I think some people will not settle for what they are qualified for- hence they aren't willing to start at the bottom and work their way up these days.

Good for you. I had a plan and ambition, but unusual medical issues got in the way. I've had to live an "altered" life, it is what it is.

But, I agree with you. Anyone can still make it today. Its about choice (in most cases).

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

For those of us WHO HAVE read the US constitution.

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence[note 1] and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

en.wikipedia.org...

The progressive SMACKDOWN.

That last part is a snip isn't it ?

SHALL BE UNIFORM though out the US.

Tough luck Sanders,left wingers, and people that purport themselves as 'liberal'.

Why didn't you bold the whole sentence?

but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

I notice that it doesn't include the word "taxes" in there, even though earlier in the paragraph it specifically mentioned taxes in addition to those three things.

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises...

The neo SMACKDOWN!

link   

a reply to: the owlbear

The Democratic Party of 1913 is NOT the Democratic Party of 2016.

Yes it is.

They are just and GREEDY and MATERIALISTIC as they have always been.

Vilify the right when the left is WORSE.

So you cut out the part of my post where you criticize the "pit American against American" and I call you out on it and just add more of the same?
Left is WORSE, eh?

Again, pot meet kettle.

link   
a reply to: Xenogears

yeah like all the taxes apple saved by keeping its money offshore have helped create countless high paying jobs?

Was there a point ?

Money made elsewhere in the world is untouchable by the US government.

I know people can't fathom that FACT.

What your saying is essentially A 'STATE' like New York is entitled to another 'States' like California's money.

It isn't.

How about people actually bothering to look at the REASONS business leaves this country, and why money is kept 'offshore'.

That's asking too much too.

Hell I wouldn't bring money back to this country after listening to greedy left wingers for the past 8 years.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

The income tax in 1913 was 1%. Only applied to households making more than $4,000/yr. It maxed out at 7% for those making $500,000/yr. In today's dollars, that is $11 million/yr. $4000 is $66,000/yr.

1913 Income Taxes

So how did we fund the government back then?

The problem is we have a government now that is providing cradle to grave care for citizens and also importing millions of immigrants who also not only compete for jobs driving down wages, but also stretch the resources of the public dole.

Federal government spending is completely out of control because it doing too many things that it was never intended to do.
edit on 10-2-2016 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

The income tax in 1913 was 1%. Only applied to households making more than $4,000/yr. It maxed out at 7% for those making $500,000/yr. In today's dollars, that is $11 million/yr. $4000 is $66,000/yr.

1913 Income Taxes

So how did we fund the government back then?

I don't know I wasn't and am not an economist in the early 1900's. Hell I'm not an economist now. Things were different back then. I can tell you that much. I can also DEFINITELY tell you that just because it was possible in the past doesn't mean it would be possible now.

The problem is we have a government now that is providing cradle to grave care for citizens and also importing millions of immigrants who also not only compete for jobs driving down wages, but also stretch the resources of the public dole.

Federal government spending is completely out of control because it doing too many things that it was never intended to do.

I agree. Let's cut military, prison, and police spending. Knock off all the social deviancy laws and suddenly we'd free up tons of money.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I guess you missed how unconstitutional 90% TAX rates are.

Cause explain to me how that is 'uniform' through out the land.

What it means is if taxes are to be created.

They have to be EQUITABLE to everyone.

Clearly when half this country isn't paying TAXES that's a problem.

So why not let the other half of this country enjoy the same 'benefit' ?

46 Percent of Americans Exempt From Federal Income Tax in 2011

While your ignoring that.

IGNORE the 4th and 14th amendments.

Amendment IV The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

www.law.cornell.edu...

Money is an effect. Money is PROPERTY, and there is such a thing as property RIGHTS in this country.

And we certainly can't forget the 14th

Amendment XIV Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property,
without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

www.law.cornell.edu...

So progressive lose massively.

Even though they IGNORE the hell out of the GD piece of paper because of their BIGOTRY.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I guess you missed how unconstitutional 90% TAX rates are.

Cause explain to me how that is 'uniform' through out the land.

What it means is if taxes are to be created.

More like you missed the post where I pointed out that taxes weren't included in the things that have to be uniform throughout the land. Here. I'll link it again so you can't pretend to keep not seeing it. Post

Even though they IGNORE the hell out of the GD piece of paper because of their BIGOTRY.

I had to quote this sentence because it is the most absurd thing I've ever read. You should invest in a dictionary so you learn how to use words correctly.
edit on 10-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
will be nice to see the shoe on the other foot. the disgusting ultra-rich got to be so by take, take, take. time to take back, take back, take back. billionaires, trillionaires - cry me a river.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Are you in the 10% in the U.S.? If so, then you are in the top 10% in the world. Now let the government confiscate at least 90% of your income to give to the poor across the world.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I will be 50 this year- in other words, I don't have a lot of sympathy for those who never try. There are way too many opportunities (in the U.S.) that are avail today. I think some people will not settle for what they are qualified for- hence they aren't willing to start at the bottom and work their way up these days.

Good for you. I had a plan and ambition, but unusual medical issues got in the way. I've had to live an "altered" life, it is what it is.

But, I agree with you. Anyone can still make it today. Its about choice (in most cases).

Anyone can make it, but it depends on luck in good part, and often the failure of others. For a monopoly to exist, many businesses must fail and go out of business. For each successful applicant to a prestigious university or say medschool to get in, many other highly qualified applicants must fail. For a high paying job applicant to receive a high salary, there can't be an ocean of highly qualified applicants applying to the position.

For now it is only sectors like manufacturing, and transportation, that are affected by automation

The latest Shenzhen company to make headlines with a new automated like is Evenwin Precision Technology, an electronics processing company which sacked 90% of its employees, replaced them with robots and saw productivity soar. Previously, there were 650 employees at the factory, now there are 60 – mostly engineers and accountants that oversee the production lines – and the number should go down to 20, according to company officials. The robots have produced almost three times as many pieces as were produced before. Quality has also improved. The product defect rate was 25%, now it is below 5%.-zmescience research chinese-factory-sacks-people-gets-robots-0523534/

But in the decades to come, with increasing advances in ai research, it is likely that many other sectors will fall.

You a high pay executive? a high pay artist? engineer? etc? Why hire you if a piece of software can do your job better than you 24 7 with no sick leave, no bathroom break, no salary?
edit on 10-2-2016 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Taxes ARE SUPPOSE to be uniform.

The gas tax,Sales tax for example ARE.

The income tax isn't.

Therefore it needs abolised.

I do love it though.

I can't stick my hand in your wallet, but you have no problems sticking yours in mine.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

a reply to: Xenogears

Was there a point ?

Money made elsewhere in the world is untouchable by the US government.

I know people can't fathom that FACT.

What your saying is essentially A 'STATE' like New York is entitled to another 'States' like California's money.

It isn't.

How about people actually bothering to look at the REASONS business leaves this country, and why money is kept 'offshore'.

That's asking too much too.

Hell I wouldn't bring money back to this country after listening to greedy left wingers for the past 8 years.

Well we can see that all those savings haven't lead to countless jobs elsewhere, and as can be seen, as many jobs as possible are moved to low slave wage countries, or to robots.

Irregardless of how much we cut taxes, how do you think transportation companies are going to behave in the coming future? Are they going to hire countless truckers with high salaries and plenty of benefits or are they to take advantage of automated trucks and do away with the high salary truckers all together?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Taxes ARE SUPPOSE to be uniform.

Not according to the Constitution.

The gas tax,Sales tax for example ARE.

Those taxes vary from state to state though... Therefore they AREN'T uniform. At least not federally.

The income tax isn't.

Therefore it needs abolised.

The 16th Amendment says you are wrong.

I do love it though.

I can't stick my hand in your wallet, but you have no problems sticking yours in mine.

You know nothing about if I pay income taxes or not.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join