It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calais Migrant Staged Conflict Brewing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

People fought back, and at one point a hail of stones rained down on a CRS van resulting in one policeman getting injured. Eventually, people were forced to retreat back across “no man’s land” and into the jungle due to the shear amount of gas and rubber bullets fired. With people clearly retreating, the police entered and pressed forward across “no man’s land” and onto the new embankment meters from La Vie Active’s replacement camp.
calaismigrantsolidarity.wordpress.com...

This man says police are preparing for something that is about to take place.

What a ridiculous staged conflict. War rather than claim asylum in France? Whose been manipulating these people?

Suggestions please. How do we minimize casualties in this dreadful situation?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Well, the banners at some of the demonstrations/riots have the NPA symbol. This is the New Anti-capitalist Party, or the Nouveau Parti anticapitaliste (NPA).

It is an anti-capitalist group, which - if you look them up, support equality and feminism. No joke - people who support feminism and equality fighting for people who (to generalise) have shown from experience that they will treat women like meat. Look to Sweden as an example.

Likely that the NPA just want trouble and don't care that they are Muslims or Mormons. Social unrest is the goal, so help convince the migrants that they have just cause and thy are the "oppressed masses" who need to rise up and fight the oppressor. The oppressor being the police, and the Western political system.

"Ideas that enter the mind under fire remain there securely and for ever" is an apt quote from Trotsky, as te NPA has Trotsky leanings.

So yes, they are being used. They need to be removed.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

A Calais resident's view.

Good Trotsky quote. Trauma based mind control.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

A Calais resident's view.

Good Trotsky quote. Trauma based mind control.

Well, she'll be dismissed as a Nazi by the enablers.

Quite harrowing for the poor woman isn't it?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Well it's nice to sit and judge these people from the comfort of a laptop and a warm house, but when you get a loaf of individuals and set up a camp called the jungle for them and call them swarms and animals. They are hardly going to be displaying their finer qualities of humanity, but seeing as it's very unlikely to happen to you or one of your own. Judge away, but when I've seen posters on here saying shoot them all I wonder who the real animals are.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Speaking for myself I was homeless for years on and off. Luxury was a self-built shelter. Many nights were spent in harrowing conditions. The night I was separated from my sleeping bag was the night I learnt to built a nest out of vegetation.

I perceive many of the young men at Calais to be fashion victims. Look at the well fitted, clean, new, fashionable clothing, the phones, the restaurants serving fine food, the documented drink and drug abuse.

Meanwhile genuine cases suffer. Oversimplifying does no favours to those deserving assistance. Everyone is an individual. I see a large percentage of individuals at Calais who wish to have a high consumption lifestyle. The desire for a high consumption lifestyle drives them towards anti-social behaviour.

I've been 'green', anti over consumption and pro organic sustainable systems since my teens. I don't see a high proportion of responsible green minded individuals at Calais. More like the next generation of excessively polluting, self-serving, high-rolling consumers.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Well it's nice to sit and judge these people from the comfort of a laptop and a warm house.

It doesn't have to be like that for them they are in a 'safe country' and can

register there....They have passed through other 'safe countries to get there

but they don't want to .... they are after a bigger prize.

They are supplied with food and clothes on a regular basis, and pick and

choose. Desperate people take with gratitude what is given. If one can

afford to pick and chose, then they cannot be desperate.

But when you get a loaf of individuals and set up a camp called the jungle for them
and call them swarms and animals

When they behave like animals, what else would you call them.... if the

cap fits?.....

They are hardly going to be displaying their finer qualities of humanity, but seeing as it's very unlikely to happen to you or one of your own. Judge away.

See what happens to you or one of your own when they are a minority in their

own country, but hey!! its unlikely to happen as you wont be around to see it !

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Honestly this situation has been going on for years and years long before the current crop of middle eastern shack ups regardless of who you put blame on. Migrants where attempting to gain access to the UK via illegal entry on truck and vans via Calais and other ports. It was then that the Sangatte centre was created.

This is just a extension of that situation..

The answer for many of these people cannot just be to open the door and let everyone in, Into what?? no job no english language, totally different culture?? a system that is already stretched..

I cannot just turn up at a border of a country that I fancy the look of and try to gain access illegally and expect to be welcomed with open arms. It takes time, money and the proof that I will not burden to the state I wish to live in.. I know as I have lived and worked in a few locations across the globe. I also think why did I bother going through 5 years of stress and costs so my wife who was here in the UK legally in a key worker position could stay on a residence permit. We should have just gone the illegal route and not declared anything.. Of course that is not the correct way to deal with a situation such as this however.

As for Asylum, yes there are people that are true refugees and yes they should get help but then how do you guarantee that the people you are allowing in are truly the ones that are in need of help and not looking for the possible finacial oppurtunities that they think the UK will offer?..

There is almost a never ending number of people that want into the UK and not just from Middle eastern and north african countries, are we really expected to just have a open door to allow everyone in????...

I constantly feel like I rant on posts like this but come on use some common sense in this matter, the chances are they will not get to the UK they are already in Europe and have traversed a number of Eu countries where asylum should have been claimed.. Europe is a massive region a small island (the UK) is not the be all and end all of it, if you truly do need asylum then put in the application at the first safe port you enter..

RA
edit on 10-2-2016 by slider1982 because: sp

(post by Jamesjamo removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I don't believe we should just open the borders, but I don't have a solution to this problem, I rarely see solutions to these problems on ATS, France has just as many free things for their citizens as the uk. Free health care generous benefit system, so I can't see why they haven't sought asylum in France. The problem is in France, so it should be the French sorting it out.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamesjamo
Are you going to do the shooting mate, innocent men women and children? You fancy the job?

(post by Jamesjamo removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamesjamo

But seeing as they are illegal invaders I say shoot them all.

Ah, have you just returned from Syria where such brutality is the norm?

The issue here is that these are economic migrants. They won't claim asylum in France because France would deport them.

The problem is that the French do not act to remove these people from the camps and the country.

I really feel sorry for the people whose lives have been blighted in Calais, but also those migrants who feel encouraged to stay by well-wishers and a light hand from France. The French know that that eventually people make it to the UK, so why bother doing anything except contain them where they can be managed.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I doubt many on here have any first hand experience in a situation like this but where do you start to even to begin sorting something like this out??..

Many of these people will not have any documents whatsoever so it is impossible from even the first contact to gain any knowledge of even the country of origin. They could start by insisting no documents means a instant black mark..

I know that many of these Migrants simply do not want to be identified, just ask anyone that has dealt with Illegal migrants, In my case the UK and you will find out 99.9999% will not have a shread of proof who they are. Even in the most undeveloped countries a passport can be obtained or at the minimum a ID card, hell even a driving licence is something to go on..

If you was fleeing say Syria for arguments sake would you not have as much information to back up where you are coming from??, would it not be logical that if you are fleeing a true war zone that something that can ID you from there would be advantageous to your cause??..

On the other hand if you was trying to gain entry and leaving from a country that does not currently have a reason for you to gain asylum then may be that could be the reason for the lack of supporting documents..

RA

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   

No I have not returned from shathole Syria or any other Muslim shathole. Why would I go there? Why you want to bring Syria to you?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
I doubt many on here have any first hand experience in a situation like this but where do you start to even to begin sorting something like this out??..
Many of these people will not have any documents whatsoever so it is impossible from even the first contact to gain any knowledge of even the country of origin. They could start by insisting no documents means a instant black mark..

They will have had documents.... But have destroyed them so that they can

change their stories or nationality or age (LOL!! have you seen those obvious

adults trying to pass themselves off as teens?) It should be the norm. for all

countries .... NO documentation = NO processing.

I know that many of these Migrants simply do not want to be identified, just ask anyone that has dealt with Illegal migrants, In my case the UK and you will find out 99.9999% will not have a shread of proof who they are. Even in the most undeveloped countries a passport can be obtained or at the minimum a ID card, hell even a driving licence is something to go on..

How many running away from their criminal pasts?

^^^^^^ NO documentation = NO processing that would be a start!

If you was fleeing say Syria for arguments sake would you not have as much information to back up where you are coming from??, would it not be logical that if you are fleeing a true war zone that something that can ID you from there would be advantageous to your cause??..
On the other hand if you was trying to gain entry and leaving from a country that does not currently have a reason for you to gain asylum then may be that could be the reason for the lack of supporting documents..

Too right

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
noborders.org.uk...

About No Borders

No Borders is a network of groups and individuals who fight against borders and immigration controls. We believe in freedom of movement for all.

The No Borders network in Europe began in 1999, with a first trans-national meeting in Amsterdam in December 1999. Since then there have been many Europe-wide gatherings and camps, and people have started local groups from Spain to Serbia, Sweden to Turkey.

In the UK, people first used the name No Borders in London in 2005. In March 2006, the London group hosted the first UK No Borders Network gathering at The Square, a squatted social centre in Holborn. Since then, different groups and individuals have come and gone, but there has always been a UK network in one form or another.

No Borders is a network, not an organisation. There is no "general assembly", "central committee" or other centralised structure. No one can claim to speak for "No Borders" as a whole. Really, No Borders is an idea, a political position, and a name which anyone can use if you share our basic principles. That is, if you want to help create a world without borders, where no one is prevented from moving because of where you were born, or because of race, class or economic resources, or because of any other barrier imposed on us by capitalist elites and their governments and police.

People and groups in the No Border network work in different ways, with different focuses. Some of us concentrate on practical solidarity with migrants, including people without legal papers, for example by helping with legal information, safe accommodation, language skills, etc. Some of us are involved in supporting migration prisoners in "detention centres" (in other words, prisons), in resisting deportation flights, or organising resistance to UKBA (Home Office) raids and street patrols. Some of us are involved with migrant worker struggles. Some of us believe in taking direct action to attack the border system and its infrastructure. Some of us work on campaigns to draw attention to companies profiting from the border system. There are many ways to fight, and we encourage everyone to get involved in the ways they can.

No Borders is an anti-capitalist movement. Borders are created by, and serve, capitalist elites. Borders are used to divide and rule us, for example to set "citizens" competing against "illegal" workers, and to impose the law of the market. Capitalist markets, nation-states, and their borders, have grown up together in history, and still rely on each other today.

Many, though not all, people in the No Borders network also think of ourselves as anarchists. We believe that a world without borders must also mean a world without states. And we see the struggle against border controls as one part of a fight against all forms of exploitation and domination, whether that means domination by governments, companies, or in our everyday relationships. We believe in putting our politics into practice right now, by striving to organise ourselves without hierarchies or "leaders".

No Borders must be an open and diverse movement, in which everyone who shares our principles can play a part. In particular, any effective No Borders movement needs to involve the people most effected by the border system: migrants and people without papers, and people from migrant and non-European backgrounds. To make this a reality we have to tackle the borders within our movement too. We need to challenge all forms of privilege and unseen hierarchies, amongst ourselves as well as in wider society, whether based on people’s legal status, language, education, gender, race, class, or simply people’s other commitments and abilities to face different levels of risk.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Well it's nice to sit and judge these people from the comfort of a laptop and a warm house, but when you get a loaf of individuals and set up a camp called the jungle for them and call them swarms and animals. They are hardly going to be displaying their finer qualities of humanity, but seeing as it's very unlikely to happen to you or one of your own. Judge away, but when I've seen posters on here saying shoot them all I wonder who the real animals are.

If only calling people names made it reality...

Back in reality, they don't act like animals because they are called animals, they get called animals because they act like it.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

No Borders

*Hippy* type idealism!

Wonder how many of them that support that idealism fully

support themselves or families?

How long before those ideals stretch to *No homes* if you live

in a house.... Its not your house, its all in sundry welcome.

LOL!! What' yours is theirs! It has to
somewhere.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamesjamo

a reply to: Jamesjamo
Are you going to do the shooting mate, innocent men women and children? You fancy the job?

Where do I sign up? I got no soft spot for Muslim women they are trash like the men. Kids can slide.

They could've stayed in their shatholes. But seeing as they are illegal invaders I say shoot them all.

Enjoy your short stay here.

Bye Bye

edit on 2 10 2016 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join