It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hong Kong Rises against.....warning shots fired.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

The (hashtag Fishball Revolution) whatever that means....is picking up speed in Hong Kong....
Seems the grand old tradition of vendor stalls selling everything from food to what have you....is under the gun of the government....
Police and protestors had a violent confrontation which injured many on both sides....
The police crackdown on street vending is not working out well.....
I am wondering if China didn't covet a poison snake taking Hong Kong back after 99 years of democracy....
Perhaps this will put some venom into the veins of the communist government.....
from source:

Demonstrators prised bricks from the sidewalk to hurl at police, while others toppled street signs and set fire to rubbish bins in Mong Kok, a tough, working-class neighborhood just across the harbor from the heart of the Asian financial center.

"We have noticed a shift in some members of the public," said Hong Kong Police Commissioner Lo Wai-chung. "(They) have an inclination to use violence or radical acts in order to express their opinion."

Nearly 90 police sustained injuries ranging from fractured bones to lacerations and bruises and 54 protesters were arrested, Lo said. Hong Kong television showed police officers being beaten with poles and sticks as they lay on the ground.

from source:

Cops 54 Demos 90 !
Impressive!
edit on 9-2-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch

I am wondering if China didn't covet a poison snake taking Hong Kong back after 99 years of democracy....
Perhaps this will put some venom into the veins of the communist government.....

Put those two together; and it's the likely agenda for Hong Kongs return to begin with.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness
Considering that they have demoed for democracy or a lighter touch from government....it sounds like they are loosing patience....
It crossed my mind that the return was intentionally done....for this reason....
China the big bad boy...is having several internal problems that could definitely alter their form of government....

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Ah poor Anthony Bourdain. He does so love his street food.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll
Perdon my ignorance did he incite these good people to riot?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

Anyone who studies policies and tactics of CIA and other US government agencies can smell the coffee here.

US has done the angry food vendor revolution investments before.

Not saying i know for sure that's going on here.

But if Chinese suspect foreign play, tanks will roll, people will be crushed and US backers will run out filled with broken promises to revolutionaries.

They've done that 8-9 times in the last 40 years.

Things don't work out, oh well run and play dumb

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: VanGcouverite

You are seriously like a broken record. Something happens anywhere in the world, doesn't matter what or where, "The U.S. govt did it". We have our moments, but we don't run the whole damn planet.

On Topic - I hate to see it come down to violence, but the Chinese govt should see these people are determined to keep these vendors and should st least try to find a way to make that happen, in stead of just knocking heads.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

a reply to: angeldoll
Perdon my ignorance did he incite these good people to riot?

No, he is a television foodie and traveler.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
WTF was he doing in Hong Kong?
Did he get any riot footage on his show?
What a coincidence!

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness
Considering that they have demoed for democracy or a lighter touch from government....it sounds like they are loosing patience....
It crossed my mind that the return was intentionally done....for this reason....
China the big bad boy...is having several internal problems that could definitely alter their form of government....

Likewise it is interesting to see this crackdown... I personally expected it years ago. But with China heavily pressuring the US to censor the internet to avoid cross country propaganda even more so lately? It was almost easy to predict this occurring just not the when of it... it seems they've finally deemed Hong Kong venom against their political hold on their people as your OP stated... and I dont expect this conflict to go away anytime soon... and a lot will likely be repressed in media for damage control... as if youre not seeing it or hearing it? Then hey maybe it isnt happening. Wow that goes on a lot.
edit on 9-2-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Perhaps its "Hong Kong Spring "season this year...it worked so well in the ME.....

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Oh you poor defender of US government honor

Tsk tsk

How do you sleep at night, do you have to use meds to numb your mind ?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The riot was planned by The Indigenous Group. It is on their facebook page.

They are troublemakers.

The police have asked the hawkers to move back from blocking traffic for a few nights because of CNY.

It was a planned confrontation.

Hong Kong people are not like that.

The police will crack down on that group, they have 61 so far.

The tactical gear was out last night and things are fine.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Perhaps its "Hong Kong Spring "season this year...it worked so well in the ME.....

Just trouble makers.

Lib radicals, of course. Like the progressive left in the USA.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy
Mst be a world wide phenomena..................

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: VanGcouverite

So, every riot, every protest, every uprising in every country is organized by the U.S. government?

I don't think it's me that's needs the meds. Seriously, if you are that paranoid, get professional help.

new topics

top topics

join