It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ham Radio Operator in Utah overhears recent pilot reporting of ufo sighting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
As we already know we don't get alot of pilot sightings of ufo's that are reported, and some of that probably has to do with the FAA and its stance towards ufo sightings. This is a very recent sighting of a ufo over Utah, that the pilot said was very bright and estimated its size to be "about a mile wide". Thats pretty big. The object was not detected on radar for what its worth. Some of the conversation with the pilot and control tower was found on the Air Traffic Control archives website, but much of it was deleted.

a freedom of information request about this sighting has been sent to the FAA, and the webmaster of the site is also requesting any passengers that saw anything on this American Airlines flight to report them as well.

source link

edit on 09pm29pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

Nice report. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish

you are most welcome. Anytime I read or hear of a pilot/ufo sighting, my ears prick up.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Another conveniently elusive set of details......im getting sick and tired of these reports that seem more like rumours...with no substance available....

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
As we already know we don't get alot of pilot sightings of ufo's that are reported, and some of that probably has to do with the FAA and its stance towards ufo sightings. This is a very recent sighting of a ufo over Utah, that the pilot said was very bright and estimated its size to be "about a mile wide". Thats pretty big. The object was not detected on radar for what its worth. Some of the conversation with the pilot and control tower was found on the Air Traffic Control archives website, but much of it was deleted.

a freedom of information request about this sighting has been sent to the FAA, and the webmaster of the site is also requesting any passengers that saw anything on this American Airlines flight to report them as well.

source link

Nice catch

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091

source link

Nice find, S&F. This is telling, from the source: "but much of conversation was deleted". No wonder we never here about these things. I live near Philly though. I actually know someone who was in SF last month, don't know when or what flight they returned on. Will check though.

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
Another conveniently elusive set of details......im getting sick and tired of these reports that seem more like rumours...with no substance available....

What the hell are you talking about..? Did you follow the link?

This isn't someone posting a thread about what they saw with not even a cell phone pic. It has radar images, the flight information and the MUFON coordinator linked to the story, which I'm sure could be a segway into learning more of the radio interception for someone diligent.

Stoopid comment.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Cool. Let us know if anything comes of this. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Mine too, and they stay up for quite a while!

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Just wondering, The pic of the "dopper" radar showing some inconsistencies, the time and dates don't match for one, the elevations is "00" feet, and the returns are inconclusive what they cold be.

"She knows a radio talk show host" thats listening but not recording a conversation of an object that doesn't appear on radar, and the recalled taped conversation doesn't mention the UFO…

Thats about as second party, singular subjective as it gets.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I see what you mean. Possible error of time/date stamping? Maybe possible?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

It helps if there is some second party corroboration. Another witness, anyone else hear this conversation? Radar returns and recorded conversations, hopefully. Multiple witnesses, chase aircraft, ideally.

Instead, I know a guy who told me that he over heard someone else say…

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Damn a mile wide...I mean seriously that is some large UFO. I do think that there is some truth to a break away civilization with these types of crafts supporting people. Nice find OP.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I wonder why no other reports from passengers? Seems promising.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Interesting, but without more data and confirmation ti's just another blurry report to throw on the already big pile and forget about.

I did read the link so don't accuse me. I did say it was interesting
edit on 2/9/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Is this another example like the Japan Airlines pilot reporting a ufo that resembled a one mile wide Walnut?

Sorry, only made it until "dopper" radar.....

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

The size of the ufo would be close. I believe the size of the ufo spotted by JAl was at least the size of an aircraft carrier if not larger as I recall.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Curious.

I wonder if that's in the flight path of any military installations.

Might of been something top secret flying with them.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Why is a radio host using ham radio to intercept FAA to airplane communications if not for the explicit purpose to hear something anomalous or UFO-related, but he isn't proactive/pragmatic enough to record it. Sounds like a non-issue, but I'll reserve complete judgment for the FOIA release...

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

There's only a small difference in the time stamps. The 12:08AM MST Doppler Radar image may have been the latest one available at the time of the supposed sighting. I think some of those systems only update every 5 minutes or so. The timestamp in the column to the right of the image is in GMT. MST = GMT-7

The author's notes on the "Dopper" Radar image from 2015 are a little sloppy. But I think the most important information is sufficiently conveyed.

The article says that the Ham Operator caught the conversation on 127.95 MHz. The closest airport that this frequency is assigned to is Denver.

The evidence is pretty thin at this point in time. I'll reserve my opinion until more concrete information is available.

-dex

top topics

<<   2 >>

join