It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NH primary results live CNN

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I knew super delegates mattered. I never knew they mattered quite to this degree.

c/o edition.cnn.com...

If Sanders continues to win or tie and yet get trounced in delegates... as I've said before... I will have learned my final lesson when it comes to any remaining iota of hope I still held for our political system. I will return to never voting again, and if anyone wants to tell me that's a mistake or that I "lose my right to complain" because of that... they better have a crowbar and a chisel to dislodge me from the hole of resignation I'll be wedged tightly into.

This would hardly be the first example of it happening of course. We all know the score. And because of that, after having decided "that's just the way it is," for decades I simply refused to vote (other than on local and state ordinances and propositions) believing it was futile. And every administration bore that out. Irrespective of party.

This was the first stirring of hope I had felt, albeit a very skeptical one. This system will have proved its inability to represent me at last though if it goes down that way. And if so... I'm done. Period. No more wasted energy on politics from me. And I will entertain no arguments about that decision.

I'd like to think there's still a chance. And I will still defiantly vote in my state's primary but... the surreality that this is how it is, and that it's not only accepted but will be applauded and celebrated by many... is painfully absurd to me.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

Cheer up, there's still hope.

From the graph that you posted, CNN's disclaimer:

The CNN delegate estimate reflects the results of various primaries and caucuses as well as the results of an independent CNN survey of Democratic superdelegates and unpledged RNC delegates. These delegates have guaranteed voting privileges at the national conventions and may support any candidate they wish. Unlike pledged delegates, they are not bound by any primary or caucus results.

This means that these are un-pledged and non-binding "votes".

They could be purposely misleading.

I think if the majority are for Sanders and Trump in the primaries, there's going to be not much credence in stopping that voice from being "the one".

If they try and cheat to get Clinton and Bush on board, well...

How about two Third Parties breaking off and splitting everything up into a hotly contested death match?

Republican
Democrat
Make America Great Party
Make America Fair Party

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
a reply to: AceWombat04

Cheer up, there's still hope.

From the graph that you posted, CNN's disclaimer:

The CNN delegate estimate reflects the results of various primaries and caucuses as well as the results of an independent CNN survey of Democratic superdelegates and unpledged RNC delegates. These delegates have guaranteed voting privileges at the national conventions and may support any candidate they wish. Unlike pledged delegates, they are not bound by any primary or caucus results.

This means that these are un-pledged and non-binding "votes".

They could be purposely misleading.

I think if the majority are for Sanders and Trump in the primaries, there's going to be not much credence in stopping that voice from being "the one".

If they try and cheat to get Clinton and Bush on board, well...

How about two Third Parties breaking off and splitting everything up into a hotly contested death match?

Republican
Democrat
Make America Great Party
Make America Fair Party

You are right - they are unbound. the chances of them voting for Sanders (or Trump in the GOP) are, in my view, almost non existent. Can anyone actually run third party after the summer? Don't they have tomake that decision earlier? There is a reason that these guys choose in the summer I would think... too late to get burned by defectors who dont like the corruption. These people are smart - they will have worked out the angles to make sure they get what they want, not what the public wamts.
edit on 10/2/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

I always have hope. I'm just saying... if it goes down that way, I'm done.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Good points about the time it takes to set up a third party.
But I'm pretty sure Trump could have that work happen overnight and the momentum behind Sanders would demand similar results.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Now evidently they are tied 15 to 15 delegates in NH, with two remaining unallocated.

She really could "win" New Hampshire despite both she and the media portraying him as the winner, couldn't he? Smh. That bothers me more than the way the outcome is determined, honestly. It's as if they portray people as having a better chance than they do so that it will feel close even though it isn't.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
One thing that was dispelled in NH is the often repeated notion that Trump only wins votes from 'low IQ' voters. He won across every group of voters in NH.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
If Bernie clearly wins the popular vote, but Hillary is handed the nomination by the Superdelegates, the revolution will no longer be political, it will be literal. It will be French.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
If Bernie clearly wins the popular vote, but Hillary is handed the nomination by the Superdelegates, the revolution will no longer be political, it will be literal. It will be French.

Can't see that happening - you really think enough people will care? I rather think anyone who cmplains will be laughed at as a 'conspiracy theorist'.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
So are there any official, objective sources for delegate counts? E.g. not filtered through the particular reckoning of the news site in question? I ask because now CNN and others are showing them tied, and with two delegates remaining unallocated. Will it just remain that way? And is there a means of telling which delegates are unallocated?

Peace.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I don't think you quite understand just how much energy Sanders has behind him, and how angry people are with the way things currently stand.

This explains it best.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn

Nah, I don't think so. The Democrat party may lose millions of younger voters if/when they screw Bernie Sanders out of the nomination, but aside from anger and resentment, they won't do anything but stay home in November.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join