It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop saying Cruz is not part of the establishment!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
There's a lot of talk about different politicians and people are talking about Cruz as one of the next anti establishment candidates.

What the hell is wrong with everyone?

He's funded by an investment banking company.

He's a theocrat and corporatist.

He wishes to create legislation to deny basic rights to whoever he deems unworthy of them..

Can anyone give me any proof at all that I am wrong? All evidence says he's an evil politician.

I'm tired of news stations saying the establishment is afraid of him..he is the establishment!

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Cruz is definitely establishment, he's just the redheaded stepchild of the establishment. They don't like him, I don't see why anyone does.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I don't even know if I would go that far. He's into petroleum, loves crony capitalism and the like...

I feel bush and friends may just be a diversion, and Cruz is actually one of the establishment favorites.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

This is very possible.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
Cruz is definitely establishment, he's just the redheaded stepchild of the establishment. They don't like him, I don't see why anyone does.

Because in politics you pander to the gullible and then let them fill in the holes in your argument to the skeptical.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

is this a rant?

can you give us proof otherwise? ->Can anyone give me any proof at all that I am wrong? All evidence says he's an evil politician.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

I actually did mean to put this in the rant forum, political mud pit is somewhat close.

This isn't some anger driven random post, though. It's been on my mind for a while.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I said this on another thread about how America hates its Government:

Cruz is in bed with the bankers. His wife, Heidi, was a Goldman Sachs executive and he failed to disclose TWO loans from Goldman Sachs.

I don't get why they're calling him anti-establishment, either.

edit on 9-2-2016 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

10/4 just checking

thanks for the clarification~!

Here is a pretty informative link, to possibly drive the discussion forward

Five years ago, as Ted Cruz plotted his path to the U.S. Senate, the anti-establishment crusader sought a private audience with and the backing of one of the faces of the modern GOP establishment: George W. Bush.
In a never-before-reported meeting in Bush’s Dallas office, Cruz began to outline his 2012 campaign playbook for the former president, according to people familiar with the conversation. Cruz explained how he would consolidate conservatives yearning for a political outsider, how he would outflank the front-runner on the right, how he would proudly carry the mantle of the ascendant tea party to victory over entrenched elites.

Read more: www.politico.com...

edit on 9-2-2016 by ReadLeader because: [

edit on 9-2-2016 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Any person that spends more than one term in an elective office in Washington DC is part of the establishment.

If they don't play ball, they are not going to be allowed to stay in the club.

That, by the way, includes Bernie Sanders.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I'm tired of news stations saying the establishment is afraid of him..he is the establishment!

Its how its done by the MSM. They did it with the bailouts.

They got Republicans to buy into the one thing that is against their core belief system which is to use tax payers money and govt to decide the winners and the losers in the market.

They said "too big to fail" enough times, that the republican drones bought into it. I see the same thing happening with Cruz.

This goes for both sides: The DNC , GOP, MSM are just tools for the establishments to get their chosen candidates elected.
edit on 59229America/ChicagoTue, 09 Feb 2016 11:59:47 -0600000000p2942 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Hmm interesting! It's the path he's on, I wonder the validity of that article.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
If I had the power to dismiss any of the Rep. candidates, I would first dismiss Carson, because he has no chance to win, and is just clouding the issue.

Secondly, I would dismiss Cruz from fear that he actually could win, and this would be a huge, huge mistake which wouldn't take long to ascertain. He's scary bad.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
My god...

The government is "the establishment". No matter who you are, when you become a politician you become "part of the establishment".

Every politician is "part of the establishment" -- what matters is who they sell themselves to, and how much they are sell themselves for.
edit on 9-2-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Never said he was, the only good thing I can say about Cruz is he makes LWN's lose their collective minds...

But you really should change what you say to every candidate in this election is part of the establishment, Sanders has been a politician since the '80s, Trump was asked to run by the RNC (that doesnt happen unless they feel you will play ball)... Clinton.. well shes a clinton and has been playing dirty politics since Arkansas.

Cruz... yea... if he had an audience with a Bush.. hes establishment.

Rubio is a joke, Voted to Fast track the TPP... establishment.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

She was given her position as well as a 500k raise at Goldman-Sachs shortly after he became a senator. Oh she is also a co-author/sponsor of the NAU.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I'm not defining the federal government itself as establishment. Lines could be drawn to make that assertion, but right now that's not what I'm doing.

Establishment is the real bosses. The billionaires. The big last names. The corporations. Some people seem like puppets of these people, some seem like they are these people, and a few select seem to not be as involved.

Though I could very well be wrong.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Puppylove

Because in politics you pander to the gullible and then let them fill in the holes in your argument to the skeptical.

Ahh so that's how Bernie has come out of nowhere from the back, it's all become clear now

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

10/4 just checking

thanks for the clarification~!

Here is a pretty informative link, to possibly drive the discussion forward

Five years ago, as Ted Cruz plotted his path to the U.S. Senate, the anti-establishment crusader sought a private audience with and the backing of one of the faces of the modern GOP establishment: George W. Bush.
In a never-before-reported meeting in Bush’s Dallas office, Cruz began to outline his 2012 campaign playbook for the former president, according to people familiar with the conversation. Cruz explained how he would consolidate conservatives yearning for a political outsider, how he would outflank the front-runner on the right, how he would proudly carry the mantle of the ascendant tea party to victory over entrenched elites.

Read more: www.politico.com...

edit on 9-2-2016 by ReadLeader because: [

This post needs more stars.

Thanks for the article/link

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
So will be politico also be doing a similar hit piece on Sanders detailing his establishment career in politics. With 30 years in, I'm sure there will be lots to dig up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join