It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I make extra money in my free time???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If you have to ask...

There is no magic bullet. People will tell you hard work and possessing skills are the way to go but in reality that's less than half of the equation.

Luck, charisma, and who you know are actually the most important factors. If you don't have those? See ya at the soup kitchen.
edit on 9-2-2016 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
a reply to: InhaleExhale

jobs are hard to find. At least anything with decent pay. And then generally you have to be an expert at "that thing".

Enthusiasm will help you. Employers look for enthusiastic people that want to work for more than just the money.

If you want to work there are always jobs, some wont pay some will, if its just money you want. well money is fake.

Think outside the box and live without money being the driving force in your life.

You seem very contradicting in what you post on ATS, you have too much of a negative outlook on life and others lives.

Be enthusiastic and try and be more positive and it might make you a happier/richer/wealthier person.

Only you can change who you are and by doing so will change the environment around you, keep it negative, well you know what that will attract.

edit on 10-2-2016 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: nonspecific

A Scottish friend of mine sells the spirit of a long dead Scottish martyr in a glass jar.

HAHA

Years ago, when I lived on Maui, I got a case of cute little bottles at a gargae sale and used them to sell bottled Maui air; Haleakala Sunrise Air, Makena Beach Sunset Air, Hana "Spiritual Rescue" Air and Lahaina at Midnight Air, at swaps meets, along with my painted Tshirts, hats and handbags.

I live near Avebury stone circle, it is similiar to Stonehenge.

Many years ago I used to have an ebay shop selling magical supplies. I used to sell stones from the mystical villiage of Avebury famed for its druidic stone circle.

I used to sell them for £15 in a small organza bag, mainly to Americans. I never mentioned that the stones were actually the gravel from the pub car park

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I never mentioned that the stones were actually the gravel from the pub car park

Ha! Close enough I suppose. I really did get my AIR from those places though! Fun times.

There's an episode of "Modern Family" in which Luke finds an old jar of sunlight he captured on a camping trip..........
edit on 10-2-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

That reminds me of when I lived in Greenwich,

Me and a friend thought it would be funny to sell some original GMT to visiting American tourists. Needless to say we didn't actually do it, just thought it would be funny at the time.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
could you please stop wasting this thread on ACTING JOBS. There's no acting jobs in my city, we're like hickville here. Virtually none of that happens here. But thanks, If I move to a big city I'll look into that.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

no it's not a joke. I'm dead serious. Now can you please tell me the secret formula to your chicken recieptee

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SteeBoo

I would but I don't have anywhere to put the car

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

no it's not a joke. I'm dead serious. Now can you please tell me the secret formula to your chicken recieptee

OK if your serious then you have to admit that it is not going to be easy.

What are you good at, what are your skills as in order to help we have to know a little about you.

My recipe for chicken will go with me to the grave.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
It seems like you pretty much need to be a millionaire if you're gonna have any kind of a life, especially in a developed country. Like it just boggles my mind how impossible life seems sometimes. Like unless I can make millions then I can't have any kind of life. So I literally find sometimes there's no point in even getting out of bed. Im sorry for complaining about it too, but I am trying to find some kind of real solution. I looked at a company today but it turned out it was a bit of a scam. Like I was sort of contemplating (and this might sound odd) but just going out into the wilderness and hoping for the best. that's in a worst case senario mind you. Like just take your chances on seeing if you could somehow learn to live off the land without money. I just see no good alternative.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

Serious question here, have you tried spending less money?

This is not as stupid as it sounds, can you use your spare time to learn to cook food and reduce your food bills, can you shop around for better deals on utilities ect?

Do you buy expensive things that you do not really need? Could you take in a lodger or rent out storage in an attic or basement?

As I said before without knowing what you are good at it's hard to come up with useful suggestions.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

It seems like you pretty much need to be a millionaire if you're gonna have any kind of a life, especially in a developed country. Like it just boggles my mind how impossible life seems sometimes. Like unless I can make millions then I can't have any kind of life. So I literally find sometimes there's no point in even getting out of bed. Iim sorry for complaining about it too, but I am trying to find some kind of real solution. I looked at a company today but it turned out it was a bit of a scam. Like I was sort of contemplating (and this might sound odd) but just going out into the wilderness and hoping for the best. that's in a worst case scenario mind you. Like just take your chances on seeing if you could somehow learn to live off the land without money. I just see no good alternative.

I felt very much the same way for many years. Where I lack in luck I do happen to possess a bit of charisma and know a few good people. I finally have an opportunity that would not have been available had I trod the more traditional path. Coping with the melancholy is a big part too. You see the people in your life and on the TV or on the internet talking about how they made some frugal decisions worked hard and made it work and that makes you reflect on your choices and feel like a failure.

That is a misguided belief in the extreme. What works for some will not work for all. Self discovery and understanding what you want out of life and what you're willing to sacrifice to achieve it are the important things. If you really just want to get rich while putting in the least amount of effort(FYI it's a lot of effort regardless) then you should research and lay out a plan towards that goal.

My goals were very simple. I want to learn how to cultivate plants, specifically ones that the establishment hate with a passion. Due to law changes in certain states out west and a few great friends who knew my desire, I now have that opportunity but it sure did take a lot of patience, loneliness, and a knowledge that society at large hates me for my decisions. The truth is that no path is easy. Choose yours carefully.

edit on 10-2-2016 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I see guys everyday, all down and out looking, standing at road intersections or freeway on ramps with a cardboard sign reading "homeless Vet"

I always give them a dollar. I think they do pretty well....

I saw another guy with a sign that read..."why lie, I need a drink" I gave him money also as did a lot of people in the line of cars.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Sell pot good money in grass

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I'm not sure where you live ? Check,out the laws regarding cooking from your home, or making food products to sell from your home....here in America we have " cottage laws " that allow people to bake from their homes and sell certain foods. The list is limited, but ...there a lot of options on it....see what your place, state , country , allows and maybe you could make, small batches of pickles, BBQ sauce, quick breads, or other items and sell them around your town or local market ...You'd be surprised how people like homemade food. .....find the one item your good at and use that product.....if food isn't your thing....then how about a craft ? Old wooden picture frames made out of barn wood....or make hanging lanterns out of all the booze bottles you throw out.( you can also get them from the local pub or restaurant and it's free !) ....so you live in an area where you can go dig up rocks or gems ?? I know a woman who put her daughter through college by digging gems and rocks and reselling them still in their raw for, to a local gemologist.....otherwise......if your not crafty or willing to be an entrepreneur ....then I suggest you go to a " temp agency " and see what jobs they have available you could do and they could use your for .

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

Any luck? It's been four days since your last response. My only suggestion is to hustle and embrace failure, eventually something will work out but you've got to get used to losing before you win. If you're thin skinned and can't handle rejection plus lack skills then my friend take whatever job will have you... such as the fast food industry or retail. I don't suggest that to belittle you but you'll be happier for doing something, anything rather than feeling bad for yourself. Good luck, and be active making whatever money you can... who knows who you'll meet, people create their own luck.
edit on 17-2-2016 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join