It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I make extra money in my free time???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Busking....playing music on the street

It really helps to know how to play a few songs.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Busking....playing music on the street

It really helps to know how to play a few songs.

This is where having a skill comes back into play.

A good friend of mine can earn £100 an hour busking.

He is a professional musician and uses about £1500 worth of kit.

If he had a beat up guitar and a dog on a string and knew 4 songs badly he might eek out minimum wage.

If getting rich was easy we would do it.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I'm on disability due to kidney failure and being on dialysis.

SO I needed to find a way to earn a little cash on the side to cover expenses SSDI just doesn't cover. I first tried car detailing and did okay getting 1 or 2 cars a week at $100 a pop.

But then I started looking at the car ads for cars under $2,000 and found that a lot of them could be $4-5,000 cars with a few days worth of cleaning and fixing little issues.

I found that for me the key is to focus on one brand and age range of car that way you get to know the common repairs and the best sources for parts.

I am not a mechanic, my college degree is in nursing, but with Youtube and all the enthusiast forums I'm able to do 95% of the stuff in my garage with basic tools. I've had to buy a few specialty tools, but since I stick to E-36 BMW's I now have the stuff I need and shouldn't need to buy any more.

I buy and flip a car every couple months and make around $2,000 per car.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

NIce, - When I had my local TV show(s) I had commercial opps and photo/modeling all the time- no that I am a regular Joe, phhhhhhtttttttt; the air is out of the tires

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: raedar

I had a friend that would look at sales at big box stores.

he'd review ebay for current prices on that item.

if he could make a profit on ebay he would list the item to sell on ebay.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
a reply to: IAMTAT

that's my challenge. So what I'd like to find is something that I can make a lot of money at without a lot of skill, effort or brain power. Is that possible or is that unrealistic?

You have just stated the dream of any male I have ever met that is under 25.

There is no "get rich quick". If you stumble on it, you are probably breaking the law.

The best advice I can give you: if you do your own business, your pricing should generally be 3 times the cost of materials. That gives you enough to pay yourself, pay the bill for the business, and replenish used supplies.

Hell, if nothing else learn to make tortillas, make a big ol batch of beans, and sell refried bean burritos. Places like laundromats tend to have a captive audience looking for some food to eat while they pass the time.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

Yes. Put your complete thread title into Google, Bing or Ask....then ask us here if we may have info on ones that interest you.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: lavatrance
a reply to: IAMTAT

that's my challenge. So what I'd like to find is something that I can make a lot of money at without a lot of skill, effort or brain power. Is that possible or is that unrealistic?

You have just stated the dream of any male I have ever met that is under 25.

There is no "get rich quick". If you stumble on it, you are probably breaking the law.

The best advice I can give you: if you do your own business, your pricing should generally be 3 times the cost of materials. That gives you enough to pay yourself, pay the bill for the business, and replenish used supplies.

Hell, if nothing else learn to make tortillas, make a big ol batch of beans, and sell refried bean burritos. Places like laundromats tend to have a captive audience looking for some food to eat while they pass the time.

I actually thought about a food truck or trailer since I love cooking.

You can get into a mini donut trailer turn key for about 7k, or go full on food truck for 50k. You'll obviously make more with the truck, but your overhead will also be higher.

But I like my nights and weekends, and that's the only time they make money.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Yep, and if you're really possessing an entrepreneurial spirit, you can go with a company that will sell you items at wholesale prices and then you can mark it up and sell online. If you find one that will dropship directly to your customer, you don't even have to touch the product.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Find road kills, boil said road kills, assemble skull, sell the skull.

its hard work, smelly and nasty, but skulls are easy to sell

edit- they are free, you can make something from nothing.
edit on 9-2-2016 by solve because: you sick bastard

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
some good points: people will spend money on crafts sold on ebay. Sure, you need to learn a skill...but how hard can it be to learn to braid leather?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Buy a homing pigeon and sell it on ebay

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
some good points: people will spend money on crafts sold on ebay. Sure, you need to learn a skill...but how hard can it be to learn to braid leather?

I have always been a bit of a duck and diver. Many years ago I was able to get hold of a lot of pheasants. Amazing meat and pretty much free. I kept a lot of the tail feathers and when the dogs destroyed our leather sofa and we replaced it with one from freecycle I cut the good leather into strips and stuck a couple of feathers into some braided bits and sold them as Indian head dresses. I made a heap load of extra cash and only stopped when the leather from the sofa ran out.

You either have it or you do not and if you have it you will always survive.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenEars123

Buy a homing pigeon and sell it on ebay

A Scottish friend of mine sells the spirit of a long dead Scottish martyr in a glass jar.

When he re sells it the next week and anyone questions it he says the buyer must have opened the jar and it came back to him. he has been selling it for years now.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

well that sounds more like starting up a company. great idea though.

i was just giving the op an idea on what he could do in his spare time.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

A Scottish friend of mine sells the spirit of a long dead Scottish martyr in a glass jar.

HAHA

Years ago, when I lived on Maui, I got a case of cute little bottles at a gargae sale and used them to sell bottled Maui air; Haleakala Sunrise Air, Makena Beach Sunset Air, Hana "Spiritual Rescue" Air and Lahaina at Midnight Air, at swaps meets, along with my painted Tshirts, hats and handbags.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

If I join in the next 15 minutes do I get free set of kitchen knives?
a reply to: InhaleExhale

They're also throwing in a vegetable chopper for an additional low price of just $9.99!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Not something to "sink your teeth into", but dog-poop picker. If you're in an area with a snowy winter, the spring time is boom time for dog poop picker uppers. People around me use them year-round, typically on a semi-weekly to weekly basis, or in some cases (as we did last year), pay for the big "Spring Clean-up" after the snow melts. This year we've managed to keep the yard clear because we've barely had any snow. Still, on a weekly basis, with only one dog, my neighbors pay $20/week for a poop pickup that takes maybe 30 minutes.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I guess you are a millennial, so hard work is out for you and couple that with not getting paid in gold bars really sucks.
Life can be difficult. I advice staying with your parents. they will die some day and leave you what they made with their hard work, but still, not likely to be any gold bars there either.

About all you can do is to either vote Democratic and or got to Mexico, get a decent tan and slip back across the border, that will pay off to some extent but no gold bars their either unless you want to carry a meth or coke stuffed backpack as you come back. That pays well I hear.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
"How can I make extra money in my free time???"

Well if your moderately attractive....have you thought about prostitution? Or better yet politics?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join