It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I make extra money in my free time???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

It's very possible.
The EBAY suggestion is definitely worth exploring. I've known people who've made a nice steady income from selling stuff they've accumulated that way.

If you're in a cold and snowy area of the country and are in good health...grab a snow shovel and go door to door. Quick cash, there. Yard work is another route if you're in warmer climate.
edit on 9-2-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: nonspecific

This gig depends on your location.
Back in 05 after a financially disastrous divorce and living in my car, I signed up to be a movie/TV extra and driver, which lead to being a "standardized patient" at a Med School and crisis actor for Law enforcement training films.

Extra....$125 a day plus a car bump $50 if you drive in a scene
Standardized patient....$17 hr...requires paid training.
crisis actor.....$15 hr paid training

Good Luck

A good friend of mine in the UK and his sister started doing extra work to make ends meet. they are now both legitimate actors and earning good money.

I think his last acting job was £1250 for a days work.

Same here...I am now a SAG/AFTRA union actor and IATSE movie crew.
Speaking roles pay $1500 a day and Crew starts at $22 hr. Dream job, totally blessed !!!

Expenses wise, wouldn't lavatrance need to be around the Hollywood area for such to appear profitable?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
a reply to: IAMTAT

that's my challenge. So what I'd like to find is something that I can make a lot of money at without a lot of skill, effort or brain power. Is that possible or is that unrealistic?

Is this some kind of joke?

I remember a similar thread a while ago asking the same thing, how can I earn vast sums of money with no skills and very little effort???

Even if that was possible do you really think that a complete stranger is going to give that kind of info away for free?

Life is hard, work hard for the things you want or re evaluate the things you want to match the amount of time and effort you want to put into it.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
ya it's just really tough out there it seems. just wish life was easier.

link   
a reply to: olaru12

I second this. Both of my kids actually did background work when they were younger. My 15 year old has 2 SAG waivers, and only needs one more to be eligible to join (unless the rules have since changed). They both worked on Law and Order SVU, Ugly Betty, Entourage, Gossip Girl and a handful of movies. My younger son got to meet Jennifer Lopez on the set for The Backup Plan.

I'm not sure who liked the work more, the kids or my wife and I!

link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Back in 05 after a financially disastrous divorce and living in my car, I signed up to be a movie/TV extra and driver, which lead to being a "standardized patient" at a Med School and crisis actor for Law enforcement training films.

Good Luck

A good friend of mine in the UK and his sister started doing extra work to make ends meet. they are now both legitimate actors and earning good money.

Speaking roles pay $1500 a day and Crew starts at $22 hr. Dream job, totally blessed !!!

Expenses wise, wouldn't lavatrance need to be around the Hollywood area for such to appear profitable?

My mate lives in Wales and makes a tidy side outcome so I imagine it would depend on where filming is going on and the amount of travel you are happy with.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Apply for a Moderator job at ATS. I hear those guys clean up.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

where can I send my resume~!???????

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
well I'll probably be okay. just kinda frustrating.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I was thinking of maybe buying a used steam cleaning unit and seeing if I could clean peoples rugs.

Door to door sales is tough. A friend of mine and i aerated lawns one summer. Going door to door to sell yourself is difficult. Get a mower, a steam cleaner, offer to clean rain gutters after storms, depends on where you live and how willing you are to be told no, over and over.

The aeration thing was good, we'd generally make a couple hundred by noon and quit, go tooling in the mountains rest of the day.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Where do,you live ? ....if it's cold there....you could shovel side walks, walk ways for people ( don't forget the sand or salt after ) ....get a part time job at a ski resort......if it's warm, you could mow lawns or rake leaves for others......trim plan trees ....water gardens...... Or....if your an animal lover ...how about Dog Walking ....lots of people need their dogs walked while they work. If none of those apply , then what is your hobby ? Can you work with glass, or wood, or bake food ?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Do you have a car ....What about delivering a paper for the local newspaper? Or starting your own grocery delivery for others who can't get to the store?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Back in the day I would donate plasma. You can do it I believe 2x in 7 days. I got paid $20 for the first and $40 for the second donation. Took about 60-90 minutes but it's uploaded on debit card and you can get a good video watched during that time.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Good Luck

Hollywood or NYC would be the ideal area to work steady, however I started in Tamalewood [Albuquerque NM] but other big movie towns are Philly, Atlanta, Austin, Vancouver, South Florida etc. But indy movies and TV shows are being shot everywhere. It helps to be mobile and be able to work anywhere.

I can't stress enough the importance of networking. It really is a case of "who you know" so be friendly, hardworking, be able to keep secrets, never, ever bad mouth anyone.
edit on 9-2-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Sell on eBay

Sell on Amazon

I notice Amazon is pushing their "professional" selling account which is 39.99/mo (with it, the fees to sell are lower but you have the per month fee, so it's good once you start selling a lot). You don't have to sign up for this commitment to sell, but may have to start an account to get passed that screen.

eBay fees are less than Amazon's, but Amazon is more "marketplace" so it's easier to organize/list and then you don't have to monitor, such as you would an auction item.

Find one or two categories you have experience in, or would want to become an expert. It's just one way to think about it. But by doing that you'll gain familiarity of the product and be able to grow quickly based on your expertise.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

where can I send my resume~!???????

You need a head shot [photo] and resume. An IMDB listing helps a lot.
Be very wary of scam artist preying on people trying to break into the entertainment biz.
There is no need to pay anyone to get Background gigs.

Craigslist and your State film commission website are the places to look for work.
or for crew....

staffmeup.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Are you interested in online jobs? There are legitimate leads, you just have to know where to look. There may be some investment involved.

If you are a blogger or great with video you may be able to produce content and monetize on ad revenue.

If you lack skills, try volunteering for a while and build them up. I've heard of some places hiring their volunteers.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

START A CULT - yup - this is as serious as i can manage - all my other advice breaks the TOS so hard it hurts

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Make that youtuber dollar.

Find content other people make.

Record yourself reacting to the video, you now have picture in picture.

React.

Collect ad revenue.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Well it just so happens that I had an email this morning from an extremely nice chap, wanting to transfer me some money.

Here's the email, good luck!!

Mr Thomos Dah
Auditing and Accounting Department
B.S.I.C Bank Limited
Cotonou,Republique Du Benin
Direct Tel:[]
Private Email:[email protected]

Good day,

With warm heart I offer my friendship, and my greetings,and I hope this letter meets you in good time.

It will be surprising for you to receive this proposal from me since you do not know me personally.

However, I am sincerely seeking your confidence in this transaction,which I, propose with my free mind and as a person of integrity.

A) It is practically impossible for me to carry out this business alone.

B) You live in a foreign land far away from mine.

This should normally not be a requirement, but when you understand the transaction then you will understand why it is important that you live far away from me.

C) The amount of money involved in this transaction is Fifteen Million one hundred thousand united states dollars (US$15,100,000.00) which is too much for a man of modest means like myself to handle in my country.

I believe from my few points above, you can begin to get an idea why I need your participation.I am writing you in respect of a foreign customer who has a Domicillary account in my bank.

His name was Engineer Frank oliver. He was among those who died in a plane crash, Since the demise of this our customer, Engineer Frank oliver,who was an oil merchant and import/exporter, I have kept a close watch of the deposit records and accounts and since then nobody has come to claim the money in this a/c as next of kin to the late Engineer.

He had only Fifteen Million one hundred thousand united states dollars(US$15,100,000.00) in his account and the account is coded.

It is only an insider that could produce the code of the deposit particulars.

As it stands now, there is nobody in that position to produce the needed information other than my very self considering my position in the bank.

Based on the reason that nobody has come forward to claim the deposit as next of kin,I hereby ask for you to send an application to the bank as he next of kin to the deceased and get this fund transfered into your foreign bank a/c for mutual sharing between myself and you,%5 for charity, 5% for expences we will incure just in case, 35% for you and 55% for me.

All I need is for you to follow my instructions closely because I am experienced in inheritance matters here and i am on ground here to advice you on every step until you receive the money.

What is required of you is to send an application to the bank as next of kin to the late Engineer and I promise you that everything will go smoothly.

I also indulge you not to make undo use of the information given to you, I need also to trust that you will not tell people or your bank about this business.

You will collect the money first, then I get my share, then you can tell anybody what you chose thereafter.I shall need your help to invest in your country therefore, any experience you have in this area will be beneficial.

Please feel free to call me on my direct telephone number for any question or further explanations if required and upon the receipt of your favourable responses I shall send to you a text of application which you shall send to the Bank putting claim over the deceased fund.

Yours truly,

Mr Thomos Dah

NB: Please contact me via my private email above.

www.hoax-slayer.com...
edit on 9/2/16 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join