It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I make extra money in my free time???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'm having a cash flow problem. I'm thinking that within a few years in might be remedied. But in the mean time I'm trying to find a way to make some real money? I just don't know what. Seems like 99% of stuff are scams. I was thinking of maybe buying a used steam cleaning unit and seeing if I could clean peoples rugs. But that's a really hard job. And I really don't know if it would even pay off. So much work for so little money. ....... But it would be nice to find something that I could sink my teeth into in my spare time. Do you have any suggestions???

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I have the eBay and Amazon apps on my phone, and go to resale shops and scan things I can sell online for a profit. I focus mainly on cds, video games, VHS tapes (religious ones, old movies that never made it to DVD). For a while I was bringing in quite a sum of extra money.

Things you'd need-

a printer
packing material
ability to travel to post office once very couple of days

You have to get some experience by doing it to see what sells and what you may sit on for a while. The trick for me is to devote a small space at home to neatly store the stuff, build up a little "store" and then I'm selling a few things a week. If I make it easy on myself by having easy access to pack/ship, it's quite fun! I also watch my prices in comparison to other sellers, and will price match them throughout the day.

Ebay fees are cheaper than Amazon!

Hopefully i'm able to say all these things without violating T&C. If I get snipped, feel free to PM me!

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
I'm having a cash flow problem. I'm thinking that within a few years in might be remedied. But in the mean time I'm trying to find a way to make some real money? I just don't know what. Seems like 99% of stuff are scams. I was thinking of maybe buying a used steam cleaning unit and seeing if I could clean peoples rugs. But that's a really hard job. And I really don't know if it would even pay off. So much work for so little money. ....... But it would be nice to find something that I could sink my teeth into in my spare time. Do you have any suggestions???

Get a job or second job,

Work hard like all the other "zombies",, you make money and the harder you work the more you loose your beer gut

edit
or easy money: it comes with high risk, you might or might not make any but in fact loose, but the higher the risk the greater the money if it works your way.
edit on 9-2-2016 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I have a friend who as a single mother, makes 500000000 bazillion per hour from home online...
All you need to do is follow this shady link and hand over your credit card details.

I dunno really, selling old ware on eBay is a good shout from raedar...

I was gonna sell all (hundreds) my old VHS tapes and all of my wrestling figurines...
But I figured to give them to a children's hospital instead.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

get a pt time merchandising job, the're everywhere; drive for the lyft and ubur; get a paper route-

tons of opportunity-

set up a profile on indeed.com

of course, I assume you are in the U.S.

If I could only make money surfing and riding my yolo board, the world would be a better place

edit on 9-2-2016 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

All you need to do is follow this shady link and hand over your credit card details.

PM me the link, PM me the link

If I join in the next 15 minutes do I get free set of kitchen knives?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The type of skills you possess could be a factor here.
Have you worked in any particular areas in the past?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: raedar

sounds actually kinda interesting. How can I find out more about this???

link   

This gig depends on your location.
Back in 05 after a financially disastrous divorce and living in my car, I signed up to be a movie/TV extra and driver, which lead to being a "standardized patient" at a Med School and crisis actor for Law enforcement training films.

Extra....$125 a day plus a car bump $50 if you drive in a scene
Standardized patient....$17 hr...requires paid training.
crisis actor.....$15 hr paid training

Good Luck

link   

originally posted by: lavatrance

What are you good at?

Seems simple but pick something that you are good at and do not loathe and go for it.

Avoid get rich quick schemes the only ones earning money are the ones selling them.

I used to go to car boot sales( I think they are called swap meets or yard sales in the US?) and buy things cheap and then sell them on ebay but you need rolling cash/time and savvy for this.

At one point I was earning around £400-500 per week from this (about $600-700) More than I was earning from my full time job. A lot of it came from what we call jumble sales(fund raisers for churches/groups ect where people donate items mostly clothes and they sell them at a fixed fee, often 50p per item(35 cents??) If you go to posh areas and then resell online you can make good money as it is often designer gear that second hand will sell for £20-30(do your own matsh i'm getting bored now lol)

Make stuff and sell it.

Work weekends for friends and neighbours doing all the crap they cannot be arsed to.

My ex started off cleaning a neighbours house and doing the ironing and now she has her own company and several members of staff.

Step outside the box and do it.

link   
Uber........lol

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

jobs are hard to find. At least anything with decent pay. And then generally you have to be an expert at "that thing".

link   
Just open your spam folder, there's lots of great ideas in there.

link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Back in 05 after a financially disastrous divorce and living in my car, I signed up to be a movie/TV extra and driver, which lead to being a "standardized patient" at a Med School and crisis actor for Law enforcement training films.

Good Luck

A good friend of mine in the UK and his sister started doing extra work to make ends meet. they are now both legitimate actors and earning good money.

I think his last acting job was £1250 for a days work.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I was going to suggest starting a house cleaning service...or, if skilled, home improvement.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

try finding a job getting petitions signed. Its good money and decent work as far as effort to return is concerned. You either make 20-30 bucks an hour in a normal metropolitan city. Sometimes more, hardly ever less. In more rural areas it could be a problem unless there are things like civic centers or sports arenas and such.

It has its obvious cons. LOL

Craigslist is good. The listings are usually under marketing or general labor. Mostly you dont need experience. If you do do this, best advice, Just be nice and try hard I guess. Thats the gist of it. Think on your feet. Be positive. Keep going. The law of averages is on your side.

You could make a a few hundred bucks a day with a good campaign or during election season (wink wink) doing that when ever you want. For most jobs like this you cash out usually when ever you feel like turning in your signatures. So you can carry your clipboard around whenever and hit up places as you do other things like run errands. Its well suited for certain people. a nice person can make a crap load of money.

edit on 2 9 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I'm still looking into this Nigerian banker's widow opportunity, but I'm willing to take on partners.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

that's my challenge. So what I'd like to find is something that I can make a lot of money at without a lot of skill, effort or brain power. Is that possible or is that unrealistic?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Uber........lol

Yes 100% absolutely Uber.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: olaru12

Good Luck

A good friend of mine in the UK and his sister started doing extra work to make ends meet. they are now both legitimate actors and earning good money.

I think his last acting job was £1250 for a days work.

Same here...I am now a SAG/AFTRA union actor and IATSE movie crew.
Speaking roles pay $1500 a day and Crew starts at $22 hr. Dream job, totally blessed !!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join