It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abraham/Sarah = Brahma/Sarasvati

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Actually, Abraham was most likely Brahma or a Brahman. He may have been worshipped as a God after he left India, but he nor his ancestors worshipped the Most High God until atleast when he met God. He wouldn't have known who he was until they met, and even the bible says his ancestors worshipped other gods.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

And? Just because you use words like extrapolate doesn't mean you know everything. How many churches. If Abraham was already like 70when he first gets mentioned. He had a lot of time to be influential to other people, and if he is patriarch to 4 or even 5 religions awesome!!

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Rex282
Patriarch, not founder. Big difference.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Rasalghul

He may have been worshipped as a God after he left India, but he nor his ancestors worshipped the Most High God until atleast when he met God.

Well then, I guess you must have been there, because that's not what the Bible says, at all.

edit on 12-2-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Who gives a a damn. The other side of the flood(some versions, not THE flood) or river is what the bible says about Abraham and his descendants regarding where they came from.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Stop bible bullying me please. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rasalghul

Stop bible bullying me please. Thank you.

Funny thing about reading into stories, you need to READ the stories first!

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

That was so clever. Will I ever recover from this?

If you knew how much I've actually read you wouldn't be saying that. Why do christians get frustrated so easily and start unnecessarily insulting people when faced with anything potentially troublesome.

Where is your faith?

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Oh honey! I'm not a Christian. I don't believe in the biblical god. I think the Bible is an allegorical book of stories explaining the "journey of the soul".
edit on 12-2-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Good for you so what the hell is your problem with Abraham and Brahma quite likely being the same person. Allegorical or otherwise.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Actually, Abraham was most likely Brahma or a Brahman. He may have been worshipped as a God after he left India, but he nor his ancestors worshipped the Most High God until atleast when he met God.

Again, where are you getting this??

Post evidence to why you believe this aside from similar spelled names of dubious historical fact?

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

If you knew how much I've actually read you wouldn't be saying that.

Goodness buddy, thats what I need you to post, the source of these claims.

What have you read indeed! Tell me or PM me with it so I can eat my words.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

The Jesuits were the ones who made the connection, as did Mohammed.

Google Abraham = Brahma

I don't recall where I read it but I have looked into it enough to know it is very likely.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I made no dubious claims and you will be eating your hat.

It's not just the names, both also have sister wives too.

I could see one coincidence being dismissed, but that's 2 and 2 is enough for me. Do you want me to hold a seance or travel back in time? Let me know so I can prepare my time machine or buy some candles.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Google Abraham = Brahma

I don't recall where I read it but I have looked into it enough to know it is very likely.

Just because Mohammad and some Jesuits wrote about their conspiracy theories doesn't make them historical fact. Otherwise its about as factual as us posting our theories here on ATS.

For it to be believable it needs to be based on something physical, or a text that says this from as close a date as the actual people in question.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I made no dubious claims and you will be eating your hat.

Got my favorite hotsauce ready...

I could see one coincidence being dismissed, but that's 2 and 2 is enough for me. Do you want me to hold a seance or travel back in time? Let me know so I can prepare my time machine or buy some candles.

Thanks for the offer but the seance instructions you likely googled probably dont work.

Maybe I just have a higher standard of evidence before I throw my belief behind someone else's theory?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Google Abraham = Brahma

Where is it written or stated that Mohammed ever make the connection?

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Don't worry about what people say, I have heard this before. All the old religions connect at some point.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Why did you come on this post? Abraham lived thousands of years ago, if at all. If you do your own research instead of knocking down other people you could easily verify this. It's quite common, actually, for new religions to borrow from the old religions. Characters, stories, kind of like how Christianity borrowed from Judaism, Judaism borrowed from MANY religions. Hardly anything original about either, truthfully.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Metatron365

OP made claims that I simply asked for source material so I could read it too, in order to understand why he believes this.

Why did you ask me anything?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join