It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abraham/Sarah = Brahma/Sarasvati

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
· This is something that was first discovered by Jesuit priests, who are extraordinarily well educated. I didn't make this up, it's actually something I learned recently.

Abraham or Abram was old when the bible first mentions him. It's said (not in the bible) that he came from northern India and that a regional flood drove him from his home. The bible mentions him and his descendants coming from the other side of a flood(some versions say river) so we have something biblical to go on here.

Some believe that on his way to Ur of the Chaldeans ( Holy Kauls) who had roots in India as well, he either taught or was Zarathustra/Zoroaster the Persian prophet. This was one influential man!!!

Persians influenced Judaism greatly after they freed them from Babylonian captivity, fate?

My hope is that I am not the only one aware of this, and that we can discuss this from a non dogmatic approach.

Last, if you think that it's a coincidence that they have similar names, they are also both brother/sister and consorts. That's not a likely coincidence. Abraham reveals after his second attempt at pimping out his (very old) wife to a Monarch fails again, that she is his father's daughter, but not his mother's.

Thoughts?
edit on 9-2-2016 by Rasalghul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
ALL religions get inspiration from the same source material and all borrow and share elements with one another. This is how all the major religions have such huge followings, because they all have the same truth as their source.

And yes, the source is truth, but what they turn that truth into is a lie. Instead of telling it plainly, they convolute and dilute it with metaphors and stories that have no true basis in history. Only those with "eyes to see and ears to hear" are able to draw the true meaning out of the stories, but the thing is the priests and monarchs get ahold of people young and teach them a lie before they ever have a chance to seek truth for themselves.
edit on 2/9/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Or the Persians borrowed heavily from Judaism?
Or the Persians knew of the story and adopted it to themselves

Have any dates?

The ancient worlds people have many flood stories, doesn't mean that they were stolen from one religion and used by others, probably means there was once a flood

Can't just make random claims and not back them up

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Rasalghul

ALL religions get inspiration from the same source material and all borrow and share elements with one another.

This pretty much sums it up.^

edit on 9-2-2016 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

i know someone who spent a lot of time in india with the gurus during the 60s and 70s. He was tasked with memorizing several "pathas". one of them, which described the cities of origins of their tradition begins with "Haran, Aram Naharayim". when he became a religious jew many years later and was reading the scriptures he realized these are the cities that abraham and his family settled in the Torah.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

The ancient worlds people have many flood stories, doesn't mean that they were stolen from one religion and used by others, probably means there was once a flood
So true ..Take Joshua's long day as another story from the Bible . I was very surprised to find out that it was also recorded by other sources .To my mind it raises a bigger question that maybe some scientist person could answer and that is what happened ? .....The stories describing the even are consistent , and had to be witnessed ,but do put their own tale to it . Its like people over a big area claiming they heard a big bang . Lots of people would look to give a reason for the bang and unless they knew what happened could only tell about the big big bang that happened .

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Agreed. No Christian churches teach this, Islam recognizes it and some hindus but Christianity that I know had no clue until I told them.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Here we go, the Christian onslaught. I have nothing to say to you except refrain from your hostility.

You have all the info you need, investigate it yourself.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Zoroastrianism concepts appear in Judaism and Christianity. Not the other way around. I can't educate you on Zoroastrianism, so learn about it before you get mad. Judaism has many concepts from other religions.

Do you have anything to offer intellectually to this thread? It's not war of the religions here.

Sorry I informed you about something you didn't know. But now you can hit up Google and research it yourself.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

That's awesome, I'm so glad you told us. Mohammed had a similar thought also. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
It wasn't random, I have been researching the matter for a while.

If you need evidence, I told you the Jesuits figured it out first. You can just Google it or if you have a specific question just ask me.

Now what is your problem, because you come across as an angry person. You didn't research it, you just decided on attacking my thread. Just because you don't know something doesn't make it false.

Can't just make random claims and not back them up

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I haven't done anything like that. I've been looking into it for quite some time. Nothing random.

Dates? Of what? Like I said, the first person to recognize this a Jesuit, anything you want to know just ask. But you could just research it on your own. I think you're upset, but at what? I just made it because it is little known, and to have an intelligent conversation about it. I don't see why you are complaining, it's just a topic. You are free to believe whatever you want, you don't know everything though. It's an interesting topic and you should study it. I get the feeling like to argue.

I wont be paying you any attention as of now.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Abraham(nor Abram) was not a Jew or even a Israelite.He knew nothing of their religion and nothing is ever mentioned of Abraham religion in the scriptures.This has all the earmarks of a typical case of religious extrapolation to make a weak theory fit a religious agenda.

edit on 9-2-2016 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

Well thats because "Jew" refers to a tribesman of "Judah", the great grandson of Abraham.
And "Israel" was the son of Isaac son of Abraham.
So yes. He was neither. He was the grandaddy of them all.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I am the Christian onslaught behold my armys charge down your thread to total destruction

Or

I just had a couple of questions about dates

Which do you think is a more reasonable premise

I could study it, very true though not super high on my list of to do,s, figured you might have done some research and had an answer
Silly me

Still stands, just saying look at this doesn't make it true

I don't care about Zorostys, wasn't my question, my question was about dates

You havnt shown me something new, there has been so much written about the similarities of a&ne history it sounds like the history may be accurate

Outside of the Jesuits and yourself Abram came out of Haram, Haram is not in India according to just about everyone who studies ancient and near east topics

edit on 9-2-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rasalghul
a reply to: the2ofusr1
Like I said, the first person to recognize this a Jesuit, anything you want to know just ask.

Weren't the Jesuits set up to .
Doesn't matter
So a Jesuit you say, so you claim a Jesuit found the link, based on the fact a Jesuit found the link we should give it more credibility

What would give it more credibility is if you or the Jesuits were able to establish the dates of Abraham and Sara and their twins, doplegangers abrahamevski and Sarajnishi or whatever, when both couples lived and died to establish who came first and who copied who'd are they the same couple being described by two different cultures

In the OP you asked for thoughts

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Whats this got to do with Christians?

Its the Israelites that wrote about it in thier Torah, Christians and Muslims simply inherit these tales.

You can go ahead and add "Muslim" wherever you write Christian from now on in this discussion.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

There are more than enough people who know this. Your free to believe as you wish, it's too much to be a coincidence. There is to much info on the subject, I don't doubt it because Jews are known for borrowing from other faiths concepts. It's perfectly plausible. Go ahead and hate, It doesn't matter. Your just arguing from a Christian perspective that hates the truth.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Other than Abraham it has nothing to do with christians. But they don't like this theory for some reason. I find it fascinating.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Who cares about dates, Christianity doesn't know when Abraham lived, no one does. He's a legend, not a real person just like the bible is not a real history book. It's the concept and the names that they borrowed. That's what is important Abraham probably never really existed but there is nothing wrong with the theory. It doesn't matter either way.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join