It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruise ship drama off Southeast Coast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Hopefullu, you can watch the videos in the link. So the weather was bad, so bad it endured 75mph winds. There is a video in the link of a "poor and weary traveler" that shows her soft drink and mini vodka bottle (looks full to me) sliding off of the tabletop. A video of furniture bouncing around.....

Last I checked, the vessel could go around the storm, avoiding bad weather all together? It seems like out of nowhere we get these cruise ship stories. Passengers sick, confined to rooms, the plumbing is backed up, ......

I was contemplating a cruise in a couple of months, but it seems as though it's a train wreck instead of a vaca...? What SAY you ATS? Any Good ratings as of late? Or is it just the devil in social media that brings these instances to surcace?

At one point during the ship's ordeal, passenger Leanna Petrone tweeted video of herself saying, "We're trapped in our rooms. We can't leave." She tweeted a photo of an on-board gauge showing winds equaling some 75 mph, and mentioned much stronger winds

L I N K

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Here's video, I didn't wait for the CBS thing to load...along with all the ads.

More, and links.

edit on 9-2-2016 by smurfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

O U C H!!!! Those are fierce wavez!!!! I think I may be indulging in adult bevys....

Thanks for sharing smurf!

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I enjoyed my cruise when I toured the Canary Islands and Morocco, you get to visit many more various places in one trip compared to a normal holiday where you're pretty much stuck near to where your hotel is so it adds a nice variety with each day being different. We only had one day where we were out at sea and didn't port, that was the day we had bad weather so if you're prone to motion sickness I wouldn't advise a cruise as it can get pretty rocky, nothing like the link you posted but still pretty rocky. Even as bad as the link I'd still recommend a cruise just for the experience but of course if you know you get sea sick then it's probably better you avoid setting foot on a boat, one bad story doesn't make for a bad experience now though does it ? I mean if this one story puts you off a cruise then do the bad stories of planes crashing put you off flying too ? Do bad stories of crashes on the roads put you off driving ?

Live life without letting fear of "what if's" put you off doing what you're interested in doing

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Nicely put disco. I still wonder why they could not go around the storm entirely? But then again I am NOT a cruise ship captain. I am sure your cruise was amazing. I don't think this little tidbit of a story will kick this off my bucket list entirely.

Thanks for sharing and explaining / posting your experience.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Ummm...please...go...go on the cruise...Take your go pro and give us all the highlights...

You could title it..."ATS man on the scene...and the rogue wave"...

Here's to your trip......have fun...don't drink the water...see ya...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Go on vacation, leave the city behind and embark on a-- floating city?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Yep,
'Go on a cruise', they said.
'It'll be fun', they said.

Norovirus outbreaks, getting robbed and raped on an island or robbed/raped by crew members... now the captns decide to bust on through hurricane force storms.
And people pay do have it done to them?
Count me out.
edit on b000000292016-02-09T09:02:38-06:0009America/ChicagoTue, 09 Feb 2016 09:02:38 -0600900000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I'm going to email this story to our friend who just returned from a "no husbands allowed" cruise.

Her's went well!

She won $1000 on the slots so...the cruise was essentially FREE!

I KNOW her hubby was happy!

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
My god, what do people expect? You are in the middle of the freaking ocean. There are big waves. Cruise ships seem big in port, but are nothing but a grain of sand in the ocean. Yeah, it sucks, but shiz happens. Cruise ships are not like airplanes where they can just fly over storms or fly around. A cruise ship moves at what, 30 knots tops which is like 25 mph? Think about that for a minute. Go outside and drive your car 25mph and see how fast you can outrun a storm that might be dozens if not hundreds of miles wide.

I've been on one cruise and it was enjoyable. We sailed around the Caribbean over 10 days - St. Thomas, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, & Bahamas.. Definitely gluttonous in terms of food. All you can eat and top notch food 24 hours. I found it quite relaxing for a vacation. I think it was a Royal Carribbean ship iirc.

If I do another cruise, it will be a smaller, more luxurious ship though centered around culinary arts though. Worst case, it will be a Disney Cruise if I have to take my son.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I took a day cruise once. TO HELL!!! I vowed never again.

Crap like this is why. Not to mention the stomach bug or being stuck on a ship with 1000s of drunk, horny, rude, entitled people.

No thank you.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Holy Hormones Bat girl!!!!

that's a SHIPLOAD of estrogen

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
you pays your money - you takes your chances [ with the weather ]

i have been stuck on a cross chanel [ english cannel ] - calais > dover crossing for 5 hours - it should take 100min - roll on > roll off time - that was grim - but got a refund and a 15 quid voucher

the UK > spain ferries are made of sterner stuff - no delays , no detours - no escaping the smell of vomit

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Why is this a surprise?

It's the ocean folks. The ocean can be dangerous.

I've been lucky and only really had one cruise where the ocean was rough enough to rock the boat.

Sometimes the weather can sneak up on a boat and you just have to ride it out.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
They always remind me of a disease filled barge.

The subway of boating.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
So now it turns out they knew the weather cast was bad...they've now refunded 100% back and are giving them 50% off the next cruise.

NEXT cruise? Not me...

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
So now it turns out they knew the weather cast was bad...they've now refunded 100% back and are giving them 50% off the next cruise.

NEXT cruise? Not me...

Yeah, cruise ships have radar and links to marine weather forecasts. It isn't like hurricane force storms leap out of nowhere nowadays.
They screwed up.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me that people will book a cruise on the high seas and then expect it all to be smooth sailing.

These people got a taste of real sea adventure, something I'd have killed to experience, and they do nothing but whine.

First World problems, as they say.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I'm sure this will be the last boat cruise for some of those passengers.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

being stuck on a ship with 1000s of drunk, horny, ...

That's actually the best thing I've ever heard about a cruise ship. I had no idea that there was an any benefit to those cruises that would actually interest me.

Of course I'm assuming those adjectives apply to both sexes...

-dex

top topics

<<   2 >>

join