It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Patrol Ordered to Release Illegal Immigrants Agents Catch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

The Obama administration has instituted a policy requiring U.S. Border Patrol agents to release illegal immigrants who claim they have been in the U.S. since January 2014, the president of the union representing Border Patrol agents testified before a House panel Thursday. “Simply put the new policy makes mandatory the release — without a [Notice to Appear] of any person arrested by the Border Patrol for being in the country illegally, as long as they don’t have a previous felony arrest and conviction and as long as they claim to been continuously in the United States since January of 2014,” National Border Patrol Council President Brandon Judd explained. According to Judd, illegal immigrants Border Patrol encounters must only “claim” they have been in the U.S. since January 2014 for agents to release them. “The operative word in this policy is ‘claim,’” he said. “The policy does not require the person to prove they’ve been here, which is the same burden placed on them during deportation — instead it simply requires them to claim to have been here since January of 2014.” “Not only do we release these individuals — that by law are subject to removal proceedings — we do it without any means of tracking their whereabouts,” he added.

This is very interesting as it renders any enforcement on and round the borders useless. Now why would a sitting president order something as ridiculous like this. Surely he has at least a average IQ to be able to resolve the rammifications and if not that then at least the fact that having active border patrols functioning under these sort of rules is just a waste of money. Then at least be open about it and say as the president of the United Stated that you just shut down border patrol.

illegal aliens will always find a way of entering another country but the numbers in which they are able to do so depend on how well a country defends itself against numbers of incomming economical ilegals which until about 10 years ago was done in at least some sort of capacity. Treating your own borders (which is what these are , Barack Husein Obama's own borders) like this is nothing short of astounding and suspicious if you ask me.

I am calling it now. Obama will enforce a lot of executive orders and changes like these this year right before his term runs out. Expect a lot more of these sort of thing from this "U.S President" that are intended to hurt the american economy. That is my suspicion at least.

Border patrol is not allowed to ask why they are trying to get into the U.S.

edit on 9-2-2016 by everyone because: video added

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

this is insane. I have no other words... it just keep getting worse

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

I read this story last week when it appeared in some rag known as the Washington Examiner.

I didn't start a thread on it because as stories go, this one is a bit misleading.

Notice it says: "The Obama administration has instituted a policy requiring U.S. Border Patrol agents to release illegal immigrants who claim they have been in the U.S. since January 2014,".

That means, if you think about it, that the policy doesn't necessarily apply to BP agents on the actual border. It seems to me to apply to BP operating in the cities and regions where the immigrants have relocated and has to do with BP activities in tracking down no-shows at the scheduled hearings. I don't believe it could apply to "new catches" at the actual border crossings themselves because obviously, the "been in the US since 1/2014 couldn't apply.

At this point, in my opinion, its a mute point. The Borders have been wide open for so long and so many millions have crossed that at this point, it doesn't really matter because anyone coming in today can probably argue to stay on the grounds they're related to someone already here. (Family reunification policy). So at this point, its an entirely lost cause and really its pointless and wasteful to continue funding the Border Patrol.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

It means it should not apply, not that it does not.

top topics

join