It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So spiders are now catching snakes...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
And yes, you guessed it, it's in Australia.

"We had come down to move in more of our belongings and when we opened the door to the shed their were dozens of baby snakes caught in webs," she said.

"Some were still alive and the harder they wriggled the more entrapped they came."

There's a video in the link too..

au.news.yahoo.com...

edit on 9/2/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

pretty cool ,scary scene to see, i fear spiders unfortunately.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

Neither bother me, but that vid did make the skin crawl a little bit!

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel

pretty cool ,scary scene to see, i fear spiders unfortunately.

You got it. Snakes I can see most times. Spiders are sneaky little conniving buggers that put out webs just for a person to walk into . Then you go nuts wondering where the spider is.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

they get into your head. where there is no spider webs, sometimes you feel you can feel them on your face.

dam them sneaky, master of the arts and crafts spiders

good thread though

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

The Black Widow's Cousin...

An impressive web!

Very poisonous to humans!

Once the prey-usually a walking insect-becomes enmeshed in the redback's web, it's wrapped in silk. When it's time to eat, the spider bites down on its intended victim, injecting its neurotoxic venom. The venom paralyzes the insect, and digestive enzymes begin to dissolve the prey's insides.

An interesting side note, to me, Daddy Long Legs are a natural enemy!
edit on 9-2-2016 by TNMockingbird because: more specific

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Poor baby snakes

Anybody know what kind of snakes they are ?

I admire Australians living with so many things that can kill you

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

...dozens of baby snakes caught in webs

That's nightmare juice right there!

I would just sit and watch nature take it's course. When I was younger, I would find beetles, throw them at the ground to stun them and either find a web or place it near a large ant hill. I was absolutely fascinated by the effort put forth by the ants and the shear predatory nature of the spider. I sit here humming the "circle of life" song from the Lion King as I type, lol.

edit on 9-2-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Yep, they're everywhere.

Even under the toilet seat in the old outdoor dunny.

Those were the days!

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

When I was younger, I would find beetles, throw them at the ground to stun them and either find a web or place it near a large ant hill

Since the 1970"s, research has consistently reported childhood cruelty to animals as the first warning sign of later delinquency, violence, and criminal behavior. In fact, nearly all violent crime perpetrators have a history of animal cruelty in their profiles. Albert deSalvo, the Boston Strangler found guilty of killing 13 women, shot arrows through dogs and cats he trapped as a child. Columbine shooters Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold boasted about mutilating animals for fun.

Motivations Behind Animal Cruelty

Most commonly, children who abuse animals have either witnessed or experienced abuse themselves. For example, statistics show that 30 percent of children who have witnessed domestic violence (link is external) act out a similar type of violence against their pets. In fact, the link between animal abuse and interpersonal violence is so well-known that many U.S. communities now cross-train social-service and animal-control agencies in how to recognize signs of animal abuse as possible indicators of other abusive behaviors.

Have a read

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

they get into your head. where there is no spider webs, sometimes you feel you can feel them on your face.

Yeah, and the worst part is that humans eat about 10 of them a year, while they look for moisture in our mouths, at night.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

When I was younger, I would find beetles, throw them at the ground to stun them and either find a web or place it near a large ant hill

Since the 1970"s, research has consistently reported childhood cruelty to animals as the first warning sign of later delinquency, violence, and criminal behavior. In fact, nearly all violent crime perpetrators have a history of animal cruelty in their profiles. Albert deSalvo, the Boston Strangler found guilty of killing 13 women, shot arrows through dogs and cats he trapped as a child. Columbine shooters Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold boasted about mutilating animals for fun.

Most commonly, children who abuse animals have either witnessed or experienced abuse themselves. For example, statistics show that 30 percent of children who have witnessed domestic violence (link is external) act out a similar type of violence against their pets. In fact, the link between animal abuse and interpersonal violence is so well-known that many U.S. communities now cross-train social-service and animal-control agencies in how to recognize signs of animal abuse as possible indicators of other abusive behaviors.

Have a read

If the the ants or spider were facing starvation, I could be considered the giver of life!

Oh, by the way...

Leave me alone. Let's talk spiders and snakes, not how incorrect you are.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Yep, they're everywhere.

Even under the toilet seat in the old outdoor dunny.

Those were the days!

You had to go and remind me of days best gone by......

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

This is why you clean your shed out once in a while.

It is beyond belief- but in a world where snakes and electric eels can kill crocs then I guess anything is possible.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

This is why you clean your shed out once in a while.

It is beyond belief- but in a world where snakes and electric eels can kill crocs then I guess anything is possible.

This literally IS why I clean my shed out completely (meaning shop-vac to the point of being dust-free) 3x/year. I know spiders will live in there, and that's ok with me, but I don't want them entrenched, or taking over.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
All the videos in that article were good. The last video was awesome!

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

Have a read

Animals are animals, insects are .......... well insects

2nd
edit on 2016-02-09T13:18:17-06:002016Tue, 09 Feb 2016 13:18:17 -0600bTuesday1802America/Chicago161 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'm very tolerant of spiders and have a bit of a rapport with them BUT they're evil little bastards.

I believe they know it, too, and enjoy it
I've lost count of the number of times I've been sitting at the computer and one's just dangled down in front of me. I don't bother screaming any more. Wouldn't give them the satisfaction.

Best way to treat them is to reassure them that you'll help when they're in the house, then carefully put them in a container and let them go outside. They soon drop the attitude.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
An interesting side note, to me, Daddy Long Legs are a natural enemy!

Yep! I allow the daddy long legs' in my house to multiply and prosper for that purpose.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join